Ohio Roll Call - Page 77
Page 77 of 180 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2699

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I think he just got a stealthback, not the full tbe since he already has a muffler. rlem00 is the ...

I think he just got a stealthback, not the full tbe since he already has a muffler.

rlem00 is the one that lives in Steeplechase. Are you caught up now Snowvert?
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Holy crap that's alot of posting!!! You outdid me once again!

About Downpipes... I personally have a bellmouth design and still have the 3rd midpipe cat in. I don't notice any power differences with it in or out. (Multiple people online have confirmed that there is little to any difference in having the 3rd midpipe cat in for power gains) Maybe if you were looking to have your car backfire or afterfire all the time, you would want a true catless system. I'm very satisfied with all my ScoobySport stuff.

I think either divorced wastegate or bellmouth downpipes work fine with Cobb's stuff, so it's your own personal taste here.

About exhaust install:
    I'm willing to try to help out, but I'm still a gimp and last Saturday's antics really did me in. I am still having alot of swelling from that and am not too sure I want to try it again. But I will sit in a chair and "supervise" as I know every bolt under your car in and out from my exhaust install experience. Doing a TBE is a piece of cake and shouldn't take more than a few hours if all your pieces line up correctly.

About the STI engine mounts:
    No clue on this one. I know there's a good amount of engine jacking that needs to happen, but I haven't seen a good set of instructions online. Maybe there is one that I haven't seen, but I didn't purchase that stuff because it seems like nobody knows how to install it. I'm not the exploration kind of guy to start up something new, so I dunno if we can get that done. But if we are doing exhaust, we might as well try to do that as well.

Fatgroundhog is a crazy man. Any 3" exhaust/muffler is going to be JUST as loud.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    Holy crap that's alot of posting!!! You outdid me once again!

About Downpipes... I personally have a bellmouth design and still have the 3rd midpipe cat in. I don't notice any power differences with it in or out. (Multiple people online have confirmed that there is little to any difference in having the 3rd midpipe cat in for power gains) Maybe if you were looking to have your car backfire or afterfire all the time, you would want a true catless system. I'm very satisfied with all my ScoobySport stuff.

I think either divorced wastegate or bellmouth downpipes work fine with Cobb's stuff, so it's your own personal taste here.

About exhaust install:
    I'm willing to try to help out, but I'm still a gimp and last Saturday's antics really did me in. I am still having alot of swelling from that and am not too sure I want to try it again. But I will sit in a chair and "supervise" as I know every bolt under your car in and out from my exhaust install experience. Doing a TBE is a piece of cake and shouldn't take more than a few hours if all your pieces line up correctly.

About the STI engine mounts:
    No clue on this one. I know there's a good amount of engine jacking that needs to happen, but I haven't seen a good set of instructions online. Maybe there is one that I haven't seen, but I didn't purchase that stuff because it seems like nobody knows how to install it. I'm not the exploration kind of guy to start up something new, so I dunno if we can get that done. But if we are doing exhaust, we might as well try to do that as well.

Fatgroundhog is a crazy man. Any 3" exhaust/muffler is going to be JUST as loud.
    Fatty never said it wouldn't be loud, I think he just meant from a cost standpoint it's a good deal. As far as getting rid of the third cat, bluerex said they don't have e-check where he's from. So I say catless all the way!
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

What did I say??? Yeah, loud and stuff. I dunno. Too much coffee this morning.

You back yet KillPaulHogan?

Some of us are still having overboost problems with the new stg1 maps.

Kind of crazy, I got the CEL and fuel cut pushing 17.1 PSI, but then it climbed up to 18.1 right after that.

fuel cut log

And the plot thickens. Someone in Denver running a stock STi is now having the boost spike problems with the new stg1 map. 5280 ft! That should NOT happen.
    Last edited by subisnack; 06-22-2004 at 11:20 AM.

Subisnack - I posted that link in a Nasioc thread that Trey has been in today: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...97#post6848297

Hopefully this will get straightened out soon.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Just got back a few hours ago. I was stuck in Houston for a night cause of Continental's mechanical problems.

Kevin, was curious how long it took you get the boost spikes and CEL lights. Did it take a few miles after you installed the AP? I've only driven it from base and back home, very few miles.

Have you been using the updated low wastegate one?

cool... thanks. I posted on cobbs forum too. There are numerous others. I went as far as to delete the origional stg1 and two maps to MAKE SURE they don't accidently get loaded.

Yeah, I think everyone should just give me their STi's and go get new cars. I'll take care of the STi's. That's just how nice a guy I am. Takin' one for the team.

hey since your passing out sti's, i'd like to add to my list please

um about engine mounts...i used to work in an auto shop and have helped take engines in and out, but never on a subaru. but they can't be too different. its really only a couple bolts that hold it to the engine then one long bolt to connect the 2 braces together and then the piece that bolts to the chassis(or at least thats how they've been in my experiences). you do need to jack the engine, and i probably don't need to say this, but put a piece of wood between the jack and the jack point. you might have to undo the exhaust also. as for being around to help, i don't think i'll be home till july 23rd, sorry. good luck with the install tho.

and good luck on fixing the stage 1 sti's that really sucks you guys are having soo many problems. well, back to homework, don't ever take a full set of classes in the summer...it sucks

edit--now that i think of it, all the engines i pulled out were completely unhooked, so i dunno about the cooling and any wiring so i'm probly not much help....
    Last edited by bluerex47; 06-22-2004 at 01:46 PM.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

actually, no i'm even more lost now. tmk, jason had a catless setup with the rfl muffler. I don't know what up/dp he had (or I think he has, for that matter), so i'm confused on what this stealthback deal is. mabye the term stealthback isn't in a weak meteorologist's mind?

bluerem lives in steeplechase, got that.

and about these sti's that are having boost issues, do they have a muffler and/or a downpipe? if that's the case, that is the problem right there. they need to do a very small port job and it will be fixed. common problem. if they don't have a muffler and/or a downpipe, I don't why they would be having the issue.

probabaly doesn't need to be said, but i'm glad I have a utec. if I had problems like you all are having i'd go insane.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

i had a perrin uppipe and RFL axleback. I bought a TXS stealthback to complete my catless setup.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by Shibby
    i had a perrin uppipe and RFL axleback. I bought a TXS stealthback to complete my catless setup.
    word. makes sense now. catless = $.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

anyone have plans for kilkare or anything saturday? I am geeking for the weekend.

btw, anyone know someone who wants an 1818?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Ok... Here is the deal.
    Some people are stock like Dave and myself. There is a TBE, and axle back. Intake/no intake. It just seems really random. The initial thinking was altitude, but that was shot down yesterday when the guy from Denver posted that he was having the problem. A port and polish should fix the problem, but should not be necessary. I seem to be ok now after having 3 CELS. I flashed back to the base map (stock) and then put the new stage 1 on, and it seems to be a bit better. I made a couple of pulls yesterday on 675 and it never climbed beyond 16.5. It just seems kind of random!

I'm up for Kil Kare tomorrow. Assuming I don't have more problems at work that is