Ohio Roll Call - Page 62
Page 62 of 181 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Im done running until I get Access Port. I need an oil change too Not sure how much better my ...

Im done running until I get Access Port. I need an oil change too Not sure how much better my runs can get without pushing the car more.
    Looks like it should be good boost weather though! Have fun all....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I'll pass. I need to mow and take care of the house. Growing up stinks.

I'll probably be there, although I'll be late as usual. A few people will probably ride with me, so I have to wait for them to get off work.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

It turned out to be a good night at KilKare. KillPaul was leaving right when I got there, but he said he ran a 13.5. Some dude showed up in a Stage 4 WRX. (VF34, TXS Topmount, injector's etc..) Surprisingly he was running a Stage 2.5 AccessPORT, which we all know isn't tuned for a bigger intercooler. He ran a 13.00, and a 12.8. I talked to him for a bit, but he said he was from Virginia and was only in town for a couple of weeks visiting a friend. Also, met a dude named Trevor from Beavercreek. He had a WRB STi, and was real nice. I told him about this thread, and he said he's interested in meeting up on Saturday. Saw 1 more WRB STi with gold wheels that ran a low 13.

Also saw some sweet dsm's. An eclipse that ran 12.8's, and a black Evo running 12.9's. Overall, a good night with excellent weather.
    '02 PSM WRX

Sounds good. I bet the cooler weather really helped.

Nice job Dave. Doing anything different?

I just have this bug that gets me a .1 second improvement almost every run. Doing the math, only six or seven more runs and I should be in the 12s at this pace.

The weather was about 10 degrees cooler 77 vs. 87 if I could remember.

I think the only factor is more seat time. I'm not really trying anything really new. I've been spraying like a bandit like you said you were doing. By chance would too much water restrict the intercooler at all? Also wondering if you could experiment with the sprayer and log two different runs, one spraying alot and the other not at all. Then we could see how much effect it really has on tempurature. Just a suggestion.

oh yah and I got that time on 3/4 tank of gas. Just think how much better it would have been with 80 less pounds.

Can't wait to try with the accessport. Should be alot easier to get into the 12s.

anyone ever do anything on friday? i hate having to wait until saturday... but hey, congrats on better 1320 times guys... i should run sometime here... maybe break the 16 sec mark.

Anybody heading to Mr. Chengs tonight? I'll probably head over there, but I'm not sure what time. I'm going to a cruise-in in Springboro beforehand.(classic + muscle cars)

Dave, Eric, Jason, I'll have my cell phone with me so get ahold of me if you decide to go.
    '02 PSM WRX

Thats ok Integratowrx... I did not want to go anyways. j/k

So... Stage 1 by the end of the week??? Any bets??? It's supposed to ship today.

Did you read that astronomically long post made by Trey over there about the memory chip shortage for the XT/STI AP's? Sounds like it's quite a larger production than what we had been estimating.

The STI/XT AP's take 3x as many memory chips to do the same job as the original AP. Probably why there was the increase in the cost of production for those. It's all worth it in the end I'm sure.

I really want to get better so I can get a ride with you guys!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I quit reading Cobb's posts a long time ago; I wait for someone to give me a synopsis.

I'm still not too impressed with Cobb's business operation, though their products are great, so I won't complain too much. Praise God, none of us are running the Prodrive setup that nets a bunch of nothing for slightly less than $1300 (see other threads on this).

Just wanted to post. Yea.

Just got this... Not too bad!!!

Dear Customers:
    We received a call this morning from Cobb Tuning informing us that they will be shipping the 2004 STi AccessPorts this afternoon to us with overnight delivery, and we will receive them tomorrow on 6/8/04. As soon as we receive the units, we will try to turn them around as quickly as possible and ship them out to all of our customers.

As for the Forester XT AccessPort units, Cobb informed us that they will be shipping the units to us later in the week probably Thursday or Friday as some of the finishing touches just got implemented last week and they promise the units will be impressive.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time; and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Sales

Just got that email about the accessport as well. Don't know if they'll have it by thursday for a test. What about Hamilton?

Government guys, wanna morn Reagan with a meet on Fri at noon? (j/k)

So this weekend was incredible. Took the STi to Beaverun out in Pittsburg for a NASA HPDE event. Never been on a track before so I didn't know what to expect. Learned so much about the car, especially what it's like somewhat near it's threshold. My instructor was pretty good. He traded with another guy to be with me cause he had an STi himself (he tracks an 2.5 RS mostly now.) He had a few STi particular points to make during the course. So I learned a few things this weekend: 1) Thought I knew a little about racing, but I don't, 2) Being a good driver takes a lot of work, 3) The STi is a lot of car, being apprehensive, I was barely on the floor, 4) I'm for sure doing it again and I'd definately recommend it to anyone.

My friend and I were out at the track at the same time so I didn't get a chance for video. They did take a few pics but haven't posted them. Will show em off if I can find them.

Oh yeah and there the only other WRX out there got involved in a pretty significant wreck. Some BMW spun in front of him in a turn and he couldn't avoid him. He was heavily modded and had some pretty significant damage. Felt really bad for him. Poor guy.

Off to scrub about a 1/4 inch of brake dust off the wheels.

That sounds sweeet! I'd so be up for doing something like that! Let me know about the next time you do this, I'm in!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Yeah that sounds like lots of fun. Although with my luck, I'd probably be the one to trash my car. Insurance doesn't cover accidents on a track either do they?
    '02 PSM WRX