Ohio Roll Call - Page 50
Page 50 of 180 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; It was fun last night. Although I would have like to get more than two runs in, I learned a ...

It was fun last night. Although I would have like to get more than two runs in, I learned a lot. (Like I need to go through tech before I race )
    First run was a 14.39 and second was a 14.16. My 60 foot times are killing me! (2.24) It sucks, because I "thought" I had a good launch both times. No bogging or anything. The car sounded great.

So anyways, I trapped the data from both runs, and will crunch the numbers and see if I can figure out how to improve.

I will probably try and enlist you all to help me figure it out

edit:
    Congrats on stage II Nick! Thats sweet!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wish i could have made it... had to work late

you guys planning to meet on saturday? it should be nice in the afternoon... id like to finally see what everyone has, and it would give you all a chance to have a good laugh at my car.

someone mentioned going to another track to race.... you mean something like Edgewater? Ive raced there before and I liked the track a lot more than Kilkare, its just a far drive. Only problem is that there are turbo hondas down there that can run easily in the 12's and 13's, so it would probably be better to try to stage against other Scoobys, rather than get embarrassed by a 16 year old in a parent-funded turbo civic. Just a thought.

What other tracks are around? are there any toward columbus? im sure there are, i just dont know where.

Edit: I just noticed that Tri-State Dragway down near Cinci has test & tune on saturday from 2-6pm. No price is listed on their site though.
    Last edited by ScoobyNewbie; 05-07-2004 at 05:36 AM.

Hey guys,

That sounds like you had fun last night. GOOD WORK Subisnack! Not bad for a 1st day! With some more practice you should be easily in the 13's! Too bad you only got 2 runs in, that really really stinks.

Last night, I spent some time with the gf, my new wheels, and "Friends" (the last episode). I'm not big on "Friends", but was pretty big on the other 2.

Here are some pics, the new Rota Downshift 17's with Yokohama AVS ES100s are Installed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subaru wrx - rota downshift 1 sm.jpg  
    Last edited by tubbytreats; 05-07-2004 at 05:44 AM.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Another look: (see those nice McGard lugs...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subaru wrx - rota downshift 2 sm.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Last one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subaru wrx - rota downshift 3 sm.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:

Oh yeah,

It's dirty Nick, so don't make fun of it. I need to clean those sideskirts and the wheel wells sometime soon, but lacked the desire to do all that last night.

Oh yeah, My wheels > Snowverts stockers (with grime/sludge/brake dust crap on them)

I am teh win.

2002 WRX Mods:

Tubby, your car looks excellent. Those downshift's look perfect with a black car. Handles a lot better now too huh? Can't wait to see them in person.

Doubt I'll be able to meet up on Saturday. I'll probably be stuck helping out with my parents landscaping nightmare. Their yard is chaos right now.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Very nice Tubby. Thanks for posting pics. Feels like a different car, right? Handling is much improved.

Newbie, don't be too hard on your car. Most of us are only a few steps from stock, and only took those steps recently. I think part of the reason this group is so cool is we don't really judge much, or anything. Just a bunch of guys having fun.

Yeah, that's it, Edgewater and Tri-State. I'm up for going. I'd actually like to see some fast imports (even if mommy paid for it). My pride can handle it. I was told at Tri-State you could get 5 or 6 runs and hour from 2-4 on Saturdays. Oooo, actually running instead of hanging out in the lanes.

Looks nice Tubby!
    I'm good with tomorrow, just say when! I'm also down with trying a new track.

Thanks for the comments on the wheels/tires. They are a noticeable improvement over the stockers! I've been trying to get them to "squeal" or "break loose" around corners and have been very unsucessful so far. I have been taking tight on-ramps at like 50 now! That's crazy!

I'm up for running at a different track as well! Let's run the Subies against the "Mommy Civics"!! We'll show them who's what....err....who's paying for their cars!

2002 WRX Mods:

Look what happens when you send a picture of your car around work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails poop1.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:

Seems to me the contractors have too much time on their hands...and are using government equipment for personal pleasure. Me, on the other hand, I'm strictly business. Ask Nick and Kev who get a hundred emails a day.

Hey All....
    Pretty cool. Here are the logs I put together in excel from both runs last night. Have a look if you like numbers

run1
    run2

Subisnack,

Your first run had a 0-60 time of 6.6 secs I believe. I looked at rows A21-A42 and there was a 6.6 second interval between them.

Your first run had a 0-97 time of 15.322 secs from what else I could figure.

On your 2nd run, you had a 0-60 time of 6.169 secs I believe. For this, I looked at rows A53-A73 and there was a 6169 ms interval between them.

Your 2nd run had a 0-97 time of 13.490 secs from what I can determine.

How are you logging this data? I forget what computer system you have. I'd love to run this in my car if it's even possible to log some data while dragging. Mainly just for the "cool" factor rather than tuning.
    Last edited by tubbytreats; 05-07-2004 at 01:17 PM.

2002 WRX Mods:

I like the wheels J. of course, i'll have to see them in person. wtf my wheels are clean! lol, you'll see.

the track I was talkin' about yesterday was tri-state. I thought their t&t night was friday's from like 530pm-930pm, but mabye it was saturday. i'll have to go check.

as far as the kilkare thing goes... I like kilkare. it's a place to hang on a thursday and see some cars, etc. i'm over trying to run their. 2-3 runs in 4+ hours isn't my idea of t&t.

talked to a dsm friend of mine there last night and he was saying he would get 6-8 runs in within 2 hours at tri-state last year. he could almost run back-to-back. I mean, how much can you learn about getting better times when you run 2-3 times once a week.

tri-state is in hamilton, it's not that far of a drive. edgewater, on the other hand, is quite a drive from dayton.

i'm down for a little meet type thing on saturday if you all want. just let me know.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.