Ohio Roll Call - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by tubbytreats I'm gonna get the same rims only in Royal Black! I'm also gonna get them from ...

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I'm gonna get the same rims only in Royal Black! I'm also gonna get them from SubyDude cause he's hooked me up with new uppipe gaskets after my original ones blew out of my uppipe.

Where are ya going to get them fitted? What kind of rubber did you buy for them? I'll get my rims in the Spring sometime with Summer tires.
    I haven't decided on what kind of rubber to wrap these babies with. Any suggestions? I also don't know where to get them mounted. I don't really know any reputable shops that won't scratch my rims. Any suggestions?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look at this list of various summer tires for the WRX:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...g=ZR&x=13&y=15

Alot of guys like the Bridgestone Potenza S03 tires, and the Dunlop Sport SP 9000 were well-liked by WRX owners.

As far as mounting options locally, here's a listing of trusted shops that TireRack.com works with: http://www.tirerack.com/installer/In...5419&x=30&y=10

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

toyo t1-s or parada's imo, but the parada's suck in the rain.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

get the t1-s's, I had the S-03's and they wore WAYYY too quickly!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

On the tire mounting part of this thread, I just got tarmac II's from Subydude and had my tires mounted at Sears in the Farifield Commons Mall, of all places. They have a great price match, I brought in my printed invoice from tirerack.com and they matched the price plus 10% of the difference. The difference was like 300 bucks, so I got 30 bucks off, which offset the sales tax. They have a "performance mount" and they did a fantastic job, no scratches, etc. I was pleasantly suprised. They seemed to admire my wheels.

Originally posted by mikeb
    On the tire mounting part of this thread, I just got tarmac II's from Subydude and had my tires mounted at Sears in the Farifield Commons Mall, of all places. They have a great price match, I brought in my printed invoice from tirerack.com and they matched the price plus 10% of the difference. The difference was like 300 bucks, so I got 30 bucks off, which offset the sales tax. They have a "performance mount" and they did a fantastic job, no scratches, etc. I was pleasantly suprised. They seemed to admire my wheels.
    Pics!!! You should post some pics if you have them.

Shibby, as far as tire mounting goes, Dayton Tire on South Dixie is decent. (Over near where WheelSource used to be) My buddy Tony Fiori is a sales manager over there, and is a die hard car fan. He just got a new 350Z. I just had my allignment done there and am really happy so far. Never had tires mounted before, but Tony will tell you if there is a good chance they might get scraped up. For instance, some shops don't have the proper mounting equipment to do it flawlessly and others do. He'll be straight up with you and will give the guys in the garage a heads up to be extremely careful. I imagine they price-match as well, and he's an excellent guy to deal with.

Hey, who has a WRB 04, with Boosted 4 plates? I went to Wagner today to get a new key fob and saw it sitting in the lot...

Hey, who has a WRB 04, with Boosted 4 plates? I went to Wagner today to get a new key fob and saw it sitting in the lot...
    I imagine that's Shibby's since it's at Wagner for repairs.

It had the space saver spare on.

thats mine. how did it look? fixed? I'd imagine the spare is still on since I haven't recieved my replacement rims and tires yet. Was the spare sitting in the middle of the wheel well? I attached a pic of how it looked after I smacked a curb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00843.jpg  
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

mikeb, where in bellbrook are you located? I live near the intersection of feedwire and little sugarcreek.

Thumbs up

Hey Shibby,

Looked fixed to me. I noticed the car because I saw a tire in the passenger side rear seat footwell. When I walked around it, I noticed the plates which were cool , and then finally the space saver spare.

They had a new white STi (not Bo's) that was already sold in addition to the WRB in the showroom. I sit in the STi every time I am in there. I want one!

I am located in Kables Mill, right by the High School off of Upper Bellbrook. Sounds like we are pretty close!

Hey Shibby,

Looked fixed to me. I noticed the car because I saw a tire in the passenger side rear seat footwell. When I walked around it, I noticed the plates which were cool , and then finally the space saver spare.

They had a new white STi (not Bo's) that was already sold in addition to the WRB in the showroom. I sit in the STi every time I am in there. I want one!

I am located in Kables Mill, right by the High School off of Upper Bellbrook. Sounds like we are pretty close!
    whats up man! I'm located in Afton Woods. I think 2-3 mins away or something.
    Name?
    Age?
    Car info?

Mike Bettencourt
    31 - seems old for this message board...
    Just got an 02 PSM WRX with 25k miles on it.
    Sold my 98 M3 which was killing me in insurance costs.
    Only problem with the WRX is that it is so "upgradable" that you always want to spend money modding it. I didn't do a thing to the M3.

Mods so far:

Silver Rota Tarmac II's from subydude
    225/45/17 Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S (mounted at Sears as mentioned previously).

I have a set of Eibachs at my desk here that I need to install.

Other considerations up for purchase are a Momo Air Leather knob.

That is about it. I want to limit to stuff I can resell if I get serious about an STi next year. The more I drive my WRX, the more I want an STi.

Oh yeah, and painted side skirts maybe...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.