Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ohio Roll Call

288K views 3K replies 285 participants last post by  Jgrasham 
#1 ·
Hey, i think theres about 5-6 of us on this board within 20 minutes of each other. I figured I'd start a roll call thread just to see how many of us there are.

Name, Age

I'll start it off:

Jason, 17

I'm located near the intersection of wilmington pike and whipp. You'll usually see me driving on 48.

04 WRB WRX, a few mods right now. Hopefully Cobb Stage 2 by next year.

#1,052 ·
Yeah... People like me whined until they got it out into production. Trying to make the customer happy ended up making the customer without a car. They have been very up front in what is going on, and what the status of things are. Big plus! My worry now is a bunch of people taking their car to the subi dealership with a busted ECU. This is not going to make Subaru happy. I foresee a bunch of fraud warrantee claims...... Not good for us. Especially when you make a ligament claim. They are going to be a lot more suspicious....

#1,053 ·
fatgroundhog said:
Tubby- didn't see you at the suicide training...

In development, there are three major points: 1. price, 2. reliability, 3. schedule. Cobb has done a really good job for us WRX guys, and was trying to apply the same knowledge to the XT and STi. They crunched price and schedule, but seem to have gotten bitten by the reliability (not enough testing so they could get it out quickly). Hey, it happens, even to multi-million dollar defense programs.

I know that doesn't help the folks with a Forrester-shaped paper weight in their garage.
I just wonder what will be done if the Forester ECU's are actually ruined? You think Cobb will pay for those? That could get expensive..........

On a side note, I still love my stage 2.

#1,054 ·
integratowrx said:
I just wonder what will be done if the Forester ECU's are actually ruined? You think Cobb will pay for those? That could get expensive..........

On a side note, I still love my stage 2.
Or they will just give you a free second horn..... ;)

#1,055 ·
My thoughts are this - XT owners will most likely need new ECUs. I'm guessing that only the 1st gen XT ECU's are at fault here, cause several XT owners have had no problems at all.

I know that many ECU's are already in Cobb's hands being worked upon, but the downtime that they are all experiencing now can't be good for their legal team. I'm sure we will get some lawsuits out of this if Subaru clamps their hand down on warranties and ECU returns when this becomes a big issue.

XT owners need to chill out and let Cobb fix them up. It's not a Subaru issue, and certainly Cobb's fix will be much less expensive.

On the dealer aspect, what can they actually do to fix things? Can they actually reflash the ECU with the stock programming? Seems to me it'd be too tricky especially with at least 2 gens of STI and XT ECUs. Doesn't sound to me like anyone but Cobb will have a doable fix for this one. Having your XT towed to the dealer is a bad idea as well, since they can't do anything either. Your car just now sits in THEIR lot as another paperweight. One that reminds them of how many owners actually mod their cars out and void their warranties.

This isn't good for the Subaru modding market for sure.

PS - My Suicide Prevention Training was here in the Hospital.

#1,056 ·
Good points. I read a few people taking them to the dealership.
It's my understanding that most dealerships don't have the capibility to reflash. Maybe there was an update, but last I saw only 1 XT owner got his to init.

My wife would kill me if that happened to her XT :D

Yet again... as the saying goes. You play you pay.

#1,058 ·
I guess it's solved now:

David,
>
> Very odd. Let me just go ahead and work on getting
> you a new AccessPORT. It will likely ship tomorrow
> and I'll next day air it to you so you have it by
> Friday. I'll also include a return UPS sticker you
> can use to send back the defective AccessPORT.
>
> I'm fearful that we may have some faulty memory
> banks in there that somehow passed the sanity checks
> during our in-house initialization but isn't
> functioning properly. This will also be a bit
> faster considering John's current work load dealing
> with some other issues.
>
> Let me know the address most convenient for you to
> have the AccessPORT shipped to and we'll get you
> taken care of ASAP.
>
> Sorry for the troubles,
> Trey Cobb.

#1,060 ·
No Kil Kare for me tongiht. I want to get the overboost taken care of first. :mad:

#1,062 ·
Snowvert said:
there you are kev. was wondering where all the early morning people were at.

what overboosting problem? and is anyone trying to go up there, etc?
He just posted on the last page or so that when he steps on it in 5th, the boost creeps up, and he's been hitting the fuel cut-off. Hopefully Cobb will release a revision to Stage 1 soon.

I'll be at KilKare if it's not raining. I'll probably be in my new pimp '91 Accord. I'm thinkin' about getting some of those sweet hubcap spinnaz for it. :eek:

#1,068 ·
I'll donate more of my hamstring ligament for the cause!! They took out like 4 inches (10 CM) already, so I'm not sure how much more I can give. I asked my surgeon what they do for ACL's when people bust them again, and he said they'd get cadaver ligaments....

TEH YUCK>

#1,069 ·
#1,070 · (Edited)
tubbytreats said:
BoostedSCUBARU just posted his mods the other day:
http://www.streetracingdayton.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4676&page=3&pp=15

oh and heres a short list of mods to my car if anybody wondered...
gruppe-s v2 header, helix uppipe, VF-22 turbo, 3" full exhaust, energy suspension full bushing kit, Leda fully adjustable coilovers, 18" Speedline GT-1 gunmetal wheels,
Bridgestone Potenza S-03 pole position tires, STI V6 Ra gearset, Exedy stage 4 Clutch and lightweight flywheel, Kartboy short throw shifter, FMIC, TurboXS RFL BOV, TurboXS UTEC, HKS EVC-IV boost controller, Kenwood MP3 player, infiniti 6002i reference speakers(4), STI front & rear strut tower bars,STi motor and tranny mounts, cusco lower chassis brace, ZEX 75-shot nitrous, APR C.F. canards, Scoobysport rear spoiler..
I guess he has installed the fmic since the last meet a few weeks ago. At that point he was still running the stock top mount. That's a good amount of mods if tuned correctly, but my money is still on Ackbar's turbo mustang if he gets it running right.

p.s. I'll be in Huber on Saturday getting my windows tinted, so I can't meet up at noon.

#1,071 ·
I had some fellow forum folk estimate his WHP with the nitrous shot and all those mods, they were saying 360-385 WHP with nitrous and running low 12's or 11.8-11.9's at the 1/4 mile.

Fast little bugger.

#1,072 ·
tubbytreats said:
I had some fellow forum folk estimate his WHP with the nitrous shot and all those mods, they were saying 360-385 WHP with nitrous and running low 12's or 11.8-11.9's at the 1/4 mile.

Fast little bugger.
Definitely respectable, until it blows up. I imagine he'll probably go the 2.5l route if that occurs.

#1,074 ·
Fix for STi AP is out.

link

I got it installed. Not to bad. Let me know if you need help!

#1,075 ·
Who's going to KilKare tonight, and who's coming on Saturday for the meet at noon at Far Hills Church?

#1,076 ·
I wish. I have the fix for the AP, but I'll be at work :(

Not too sure about Saturday either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.