Ohio Roll Call - Page 42
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 181 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Saturday we ran across the local STi imposter : 04 WRB wrx with STi wing/trunk. That wasnt that wierd... Today ...

Imposter weekend?

Saturday we ran across the local STi imposter : 04 WRB wrx with STi wing/trunk.

That wasnt that wierd...

Today comin back from the dayton mall area on springboro & Alex bell, i saw what appeared to be an Italian exotic. I couldnt recognize it from 4 cars back, only the bright red paint. He turned east on alex bell, and i followed... definetly a carbeurated V8 and very very stinky too. We get another light, and im directly behind him. as my ears and nose detected it was a pathetic excuse of a kit car.

the center mounted rear exhaust pipes werent even emitting noise, and he had a "Ferrari" logo on the back, just the word, no horse. The tail lights were directly off the 96 model vette, and the the wheels were huge and chrome. It rattled and thumped like a conversion van with an exhaust leak.

I gave him a little rumble and backfire from behind, but he wouldnt return audio.

Its cool if you build a kit car, but dont try to make it out to be somethin its not. I was so dissapointed i gave him a big thumbs down, as i sat next to him in the turn lane.

too bad i didnt have a camera...
    To me its no different than one of those Lebaron > Benz coversions... its soooooo trashy!
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by integratowrx
    That was a good cruise-in last night. Not a whole lot of cars, but most of the cars were super nice. Those are the kinds of cars I want to see at cruise-in's (subies, evo's, srt-4's etc..) instead of all the junk ass cars I normally see around Dayton.

Snowvert, anything else cool show up after we left?
    not much else. people took off mabye 30 mins after you guys did. I went out to a bar and got trashed.

we should definalty get together for another subaru type meet at the clyo church. always a good time.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Yeah, we had a really fun time on Saturday morning, the cruise was alot of fun when we got out from behind slower moving cars on those back roads. Definately do that again with a larger group.

(Actually, if we DO get a larger group sometime, we'll need radios or maps so we can all stay together and on track) I'd be up for making maps, but I don't have any of those 2-way radios.

Where did you all meet at on Saturday night? With the StreetRacingDayton.com folks or the SRDUnderground.com folks?

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Communication

I got some two-ways but only two of them. They should be compatable with all the others though. An easy comm fix would be to just have the lead guy give out his cell # then if anyone in the group gets lost they could just call up the group leader. I'm sure everyone's got free weekend minutes they wouldn't mind sharing. A big group would be killer.

P.S. Did anyone notice that the group on Saturday of four black compact cars look vaguely, to the untrained eye, like the beginning of Fast and Furious when the civics (your favorite car) robbed the truck. How cliche-ish of us. Good thing we didn't have neon. (I apologize for comparing a rex to a civic)

I have two as well. Another set or so should do us well!

well, anyone have nextel? you can dc each other and it works very well.

the meet that night was srd, I won't go near the srdu people because i'm not going to go and just have sht talked to me because I prefer a stylish import rather then a tin-box domestic. scuse my sarcasm.

anyway, if we do get a larger group, mabye we could incorperate some highway or something, or mabye some 2 lane divided roads. could take some movies, pics, etc of runs if people get in any.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Yeah... Im with you... I posted over on SRDU this morning. Seems like Boosted is just making a bad name for all of us Subi guys. Hopefully (and so far it looks like it did) my post will help that situation as well as Tubby's post.

Linkey

Those who came out Saturday night, it was good seeing you all again. Twice in one day! Looks like we got a little attention too! linkey2

Actually, I know of a really cool road out in Xenia that you could easily test out the top speed of your rides. Federal Rd. between US-72 and Bickett Rd. is about a 4-5 mile stretch and it's flat as Ohio could ever be.

I've had my old piece-of-crap 95 Neon up to 110 on that stretch. We'll have to encorporate it into the cruise somehow. Didn't know you guys wanted to do an all out speed run, but we can definately work on something safe and fun sometime.

I think the radios is a great idea, the cell phone thing is good as well. I think the leader needs to be a responsible guy who can tell if someone has gotten separated from the rest of the group, cause it would be easy to get lost and split up.

Maybe we could also do a backroads twisties cruise toward Cinci and take I-75 back after catching some food down there. That way we get the best of both worlds!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

whats up, im def up for a group cruise sometime soon. im free from like 1-4 this saturday
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    Actually, I know of a really cool road out in Xenia that you could easily test out the top speed of your rides. Federal Rd. between US-72 and Bickett Rd. is about a 4-5 mile stretch and it's flat as Ohio could ever be.

I've had my old piece-of-crap 95 Neon up to 110 on that stretch. We'll have to encorporate it into the cruise somehow. Didn't know you guys wanted to do an all out speed run, but we can definately work on something safe and fun sometime.

I think the radios is a great idea, the cell phone thing is good as well. I think the leader needs to be a responsible guy who can tell if someone has gotten separated from the rest of the group, cause it would be easy to get lost and split up.

Maybe we could also do a backroads twisties cruise toward Cinci and take I-75 back after catching some food down there. That way we get the best of both worlds!
    justin - works for me, on all things. let me know when and i'm there.

kevin - can't see the link without regestering on srdu. not sure I want to lol. definatly good to have a meet twice a day.

jason - sat looks like rain right now, but if not i'm down for the usual meet at the clyo church.

who's all up for kilkare on thursday? supposed to be nice out.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I'll hang at the track...

Still waiting for the intrafamily STi vs. XT matchup (with baby in the back of the XT). My money is on the woman! (Kev- tell her I said that since she cooks for me).

Yea, i could see the comparison with the 4 black civics, except our cars are alot more badass, also its better than 4 WRB wrx's in my opinion. This was also the first time id been able to stretch the suby's legs. and while accessport may be over rated, 3rd and 4th gear make me smile instead of frown.

I had a good time without havin to go more than 90mph.
    Saw alot of nice cars saturday nite, didnt feel like a SRD meet.

lots of nice blue and silver evo's. More subaru's than u could shake a stick at, and a beautiful cobalt blue 350z.

Dave's Java STi looked drop dead gorgeous in the sunlight w/ those gold rims.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

i took my axleback off yesterday. wow! sounds like a v8, and its loud! I think I'm going to leave it like this for a couple days. I kinda like it better than the RFL.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

lol, I don't know what that is sounding like. your rfl is loud as sht as it is.

oh yeah, 76 and warm on thursday. kilkare what!?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Hey STI owners!

The AccessPORT for STI will be announced soon! Check this link for more info!

http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=10;t=000033

Believe me, you want to pre-order as soon as they let it out because waiting is a pain in the butt!

Oh yeah, I'm trying to get a group of my friends to head out to the track Thursday night around 6:00-7:00 ish. I'm not going to run, but my gf wants to go to the track, and so I'm trying to "culture" a few more friends about it this week. Who's up with going over to KilKare on Thursday evening/night?
    Last edited by tubbytreats; 04-27-2004 at 06:47 AM.

2002 WRX Mods:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.