Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ohio Roll Call

288K views 3K replies 285 participants last post by  Jgrasham 
#1 ·
Hey, i think theres about 5-6 of us on this board within 20 minutes of each other. I figured I'd start a roll call thread just to see how many of us there are.

Name, Age

I'll start it off:

Jason, 17

I'm located near the intersection of wilmington pike and whipp. You'll usually see me driving on 48.

04 WRB WRX, a few mods right now. Hopefully Cobb Stage 2 by next year.

#978 ·
Do they have a bunch of maps for download on the Cobb site? I didn't see any on the main map page. I wonder how you would even get other maps without being able to re-download them.

#979 ·
Try this:

Here is the test Cobb told me to do:
first connect the green connectors (always leave the passenger ones together so you dont have to bother). next turn the car on. if your CEL goes blinky, youre in test mode. if not the connectors are not grounding the ecu.

Both sets of connectors have to be connected for your car to be in test mode. Off the truck both sets are connected, the dealer is only supposed to disconnect the drivers side. My dealer disconnected both, that was my problem. I took my car to the dealer and the tech was baffled about it not entering test mode until he remembered that there are actually two sets of connectors (my dealer is cool about mods). From what Cobb told me, in very rare instances the test connectors wont ground the ecu, this is what i thought was happening to me. So I took it to the dealer and the young/cool tech trouble-shot until he remembered about the other connectors.

I would call Cobb, they were very helpful to me.

And here:
http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000159;p=2

#980 ·
#982 ·
Did you check that last link I posted??

It has the comments from Cobb about the WRX AP's that had the gibberish issues. They posted some fix that you could run to fix your AP in that 3rd link I posted.

Check it out and let me know if it sounds like the same thing you are experiencing.

#983 ·
Hi my name is Trevor and I have a 2004 blue Sti. I have a turbo- xs stealthback and a xx tuning header. I live in Beavercreek and I was wondering where you guys meet at and when because I have been to SRD and SRDU and they both suck it is mostly just stupid civics and what have you. I am just looking to get to know some people with WRX's and I met integratowrx at kil-kare a couple weeks ago and he was cool as hell, which is who told me about this forum. Well I just wanted to say hi and get myself out there and meet some people.

#984 ·
Trevor,

Hey man, we are all excited about meeting up with you soon. Here is the list of folks that usually show up to our Subie meets over at Far Hills Community Church, Centerville OH (on 5800 Clyo Rd off I-675)

tubbytreats - STG2 2002 WRX Sedan (black)
MidnightFlat4 - STG1 2003 WRX Sedan (black)
integratoWRX - STG2 2002 WRX Sedan (silver)
fatgroundhog - STG2 2002 WRX Sedan (black)
snowvert - STG4 2003 WRX Sedan (black)
Shibby - 2004 WRX Sedan (blue)
ScoobieNewbie - 2002 WRX Sedan (blue)

KillPaulHogan - STG1 2004 STI (black/gold wheels)
subisnack - STG1 2004 STI (silver/silver wheels)

Thats the list of folks who usually make it out and we have a great time talking about Suby stuff. Definately our cruise-ins are 100x better than SRD and SRDU. I've gotten bored with SRD and SRDU after only 1 visit!

We'll let you know when we get another meet up, most likely it will be NEXT saturday at 12:00 at Far Hills Community Church in Centerville.

#985 ·
trevor456 and bluerex47, it's good to have you guys.

Did you all meet up saturady? Sorry I was a no show if you did. Got stuck at work...

Did you get your AP figured out Killpaul?

#986 ·
sup trevor.

nope, didn't make it to the usual spot on saturday. was extremely hung over, but I found a new bar that i'm going to a lot, ha. $9.00 for a hennessy and coke, $8.50 for a yager bomb, but this place makes me feel like it's in cincy. plus, it's near diamonds, etc.

plus, I have the mod bug like it's my job too. I have no idea what to do, though. yeah, like someone give me ideas n sht.

since classes are done (hurrah), i'm definalty down for going to kilkare this thursday. up for a meet on saturday too, etc. whatever all you want.

#987 ·
Yah it was just my shibby, and tubby. It started to rain so we didn't drive. Besides tubby's was in the grand prix and I didn't think he could keep up. Get better man. Most of the time we just BSed about my surrent stage 0 status.

Tubby, I tried your bypass method and the map manager said it couldn't communicate with an uninitialized accessport. You were right.

To Trey's defense he shot me back an email right after my complaint and said he's getting his firmware guy on the problem asap. Could be able to fix in through the .exe file like they did before but the STi firmware is tough and I still might have to send it in. I'll give him a call today.

#988 ·
KillPaulHogan,

Good to hear you have Cobb on the trail... Any other posts on WRXForum.com about other STI owners with the hyroglyphics on their AP screens?

You should be up and running in short time man, then you'll love the STG1!!

Knee is getting better, today I went back in to work (out of sheer boredom at home) and feel pretty good. I'll be back to driving the WRX in no time! (getting rid of that Grand Prix will be the ultimate recovery milestone!)

#989 · (Edited)
Got my first CEL doing some highway driving.... I'll post more info in a bit.

EDITED FOR MORE INFO:
P0244 (wategate performance)

675N in 6th....downsift into 5th and accelerated pretty hard. At about 5000-5500 RPM felt like I hit fuel cut, but recovered quickly, and the standard CEL and blinking cruse light. I cleared the code, and have not driven yet, but will be here soon. We will see if it comes back!

Oh what fun!

#991 ·
Sorry I couldn't make it to the church on saturday. I was in Tennessee all weekend on a house boat :tongue:

Good to see you checked out the board Trevor. Where'd you end up getting your Stealthback? Did you end up porting the wastegate?

Subisnack, sorry to hear about the CEL. At least you can clear them out with the AP which is nice. Just wait and see if it occurs again.

Good to hear you're moving around again Tubby. We just found out my dog tore her ACL. It's going to be a $900 surgery to fix it :eek: She's about 10 so she is definitely getting older, but I think we'll get a few more years out of her. She's a great dog.

#992 ·
Poor fat dog.....

I'm running stage1 93. Kind of suprised me! I can clear it out with Delta Dash too. If it happens again, I'm going to hook up the delta dash and see if I can spot what's taking place. Or just stare at the numbers... one of two...:D

#993 ·
is anyone planning on going to kil kare on thursday?? if there are a couple going or maybe a big meet on saturday i can come home for the weekend and meet up with you guys. i'd love to see all of your subies!!!

i can't wait, stage 1 soon:wiggles:

#995 ·
damn quick reply, what time do people usually get there and how much does it cost? i think i'll try to come down, i need to make up for my first run of a 15.7 @ 90.3....that was my first time on the track to, so i'm not too surprised.

#996 ·
Nothing to feel bad about! KillPaul and I have done the same. Some good ones and some bad ones! I'm still getting used to it. Killpual is getting even better times! :)
We decided not to go against each other though. When we did, both our times sucked!!

I usually try and get there between 4:30 and 5. You can get a few good runs in before everyone shows up. It's $5 to watch and $15 to run.

#997 ·
Hey IntegraToWRX, your dog and I aren't the only folks with ACL problems! http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/09/spears.surgery.ap/index.html

I'm rubbing elbows with the Hollywood and music biz types now! What fun! (off to sign autographs and pictures of my WRX)

My roommate was driving back from Pittsburgh after entering my WRX at the car show there and saw a ton of really nice cars blow his doors off at 100+ MPH coming from the http://www.akarally.com He said they were driving erraticly and he pulled with them to 85+ and then decided he didn't want to get in an accident (he knew the cripple would have his neck!), so he slowed down and 20-30 nice cars blew by. BMW M's, 350Z's, 300ZTT's, Porches, and lots more.

I'll be there on Saturday for a meet at Far Hills. 12:00 noon everyone???

#998 ·
Same problem on the way back to work. Pulling hard in 4th this time. And booom....
I cleared it again, and went back to stock until I can do a little more research. Anyone come acorss anybody who had the same issue?

#999 ·
Try the STG1/91 Oct map and let us know the results! Maybe it's a detonation issue at high EGT and RPM's....

#1,000 ·
Will do... Good idea... I also posted on NASIOC. I'm waiting to get flamed for being a noob.... We will see if anyone actually has anything useful to say.
Looks like it's overboosting.... But AP should not cause this. And I'm not runing anything else that would cause boost creep. It will be interesting to see if it happens to Killpaul too.

#1,001 ·
The only other thing I can think of is adjusting your wastegate control arm by turning that screw 180 degrees to 360 degrees (no more!) Some folks get the wastegate CEL from having that control arm adjusted improperly.

Just the two things that came to mind off the top of my head...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.