Ohio Roll Call - Page 38
Page 38 of 180 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; The new guy, "KillPaulHogan", wanted me to post so tubby doesn't do anything freaky! He's just waiting on confirmation or ...

The new guy, "KillPaulHogan", wanted me to post so tubby doesn't do anything freaky! He's just waiting on confirmation or whatever. You should see him soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Aw! And I had just concocted a new torture device while in the basement lab!

Perrin Stickers?? WooT! Good for at LEAST 10 more WHP!

That's the bomb! I hear that installing the Perrin turbo inlet is a pain though. Did you already look at the directions on this board?

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

yep, looked at them. they also sent a picture and instructions with them. doesn't seem like it will take that long, but not prepared to do it solo either.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

im willing to lend a helping hand, i got those mounts that have to go in as well. man i wish one of you guys had a lift or something.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

also: there's a STi imposter rolling around now. the 04 WRB WRX near me swapped trunks with an STi. Still haven't talked to him yet.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by Shibby
    also: there's a STi imposter rolling around now. the 04 WRB WRX near me swapped trunks with an STi. Still haven't talked to him yet.
    that's weak. whatever boats their float, though.

as an aside, i'll be able to help you with that tomorrow jason, if you need. will give you a shout in the evening time or something.

oh yeah, the perrin inlet can kiss my ass. that thing is flat out bastard.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

can you believe the day we're having?

I already went through almost a half tank of gas just driving around. this is how it should be. 80 and warm as hell.

anyone want to cruise for a few or something etc?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Yeah, I've been driving around C-ville today... Blarin' Hypocrisy and just drivin' to friends' houses the long way.
    \m/

My DP is probably gonna get here tuesday, maybe the gutted uppipe will show before the weekend.

Wonder if we can setup an install gathering, and id be willing to supply beer, because i dont have any tools or ramps or lift.

For the turbo heatshield, does anyone have a dremel, or should i go "rent" some tin snips or somethin similar from Ace hardware?

let me know whats up this week.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

i'm down to help out or what not, just let me know the days.

I have class tuesday and thursday till 5:15, and thursday is also t&t night at kilkare, so any other time is cool with me.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

cool ill shoot a PM when i have everything ready, ive already bought a few cans of WD40, ill prolly pick up a 02 socket when i have the bosal and the OEM gutted UP, then well figure out what beer i should buy.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Good morning all,

Well, I got the downpipe in this weekend and I'm very impressed. I'm still running the stock 3rd cat which seems to keep the noise down considerably. I can hear more of the turbo whine, but other than that, it isn't much louder than when I only had the catback on.

The install was pretty easy for the most part. Four of the turbo bolts cam off easily (I have 44k miles), but the hardest to get to wouldn't come off (integratowrx had the same problem) so I had to Dremel the nut off. Once I did that, it was smooth sailing.

Then, I reflashed to Stage 2 and have been having insane fun ever since. Oh yeah, and my gas milage sucks now.

Good stuff fatgroundhog! I'm proud you've made the jump to Stage2!

Yeah, those bolts on the downpipe aren't very fun. I was able to get all my bolts OFF, but my uppipe bolts were really a pain in the butt. I had to lose one of those uppipe bolts and replace it with one from the hardware store, but haven't had any problems with it since!

You still have your stock uppipe in, right? Most downpipes out today replace both the midpipe and downpipe at the same time, so I guess the Stromung is just like mine. My ScoobySport downpipe only replaced the factory downpipe and left the 3rd cat as well.

Any other pending WRX installs? (My roommate just got his tax return this week, so it means mine is only 1 week away! The day I get my money in, I'm calling SubyDude to order my wheels and tires!!!) I'm down with doing an install day sometime. I have a good number of tools and some ramps, jack stands, and a jack.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Yeah, still have the stock up, and will probably keep it that way. I'm still thinking about an STi hoodscoop (check out integratowrx's pics on NASIOC). I'm up for an install day too.

Shibby, Snowvert, etc...anybody else into maybe getting an STi hoodscoop? I may contact Subydude and see if we can get a discount if a bunch of us order.
    Last edited by fatgroundhog; 04-19-2004 at 06:19 AM.

Be careful, the 02-03 STI hoodscoop WON'T fit the 04's, so Shibby is out. (Unless you have some sort of multiple hoodscoop group buy) I'm definately in for an 02-03 STI hoodscoop and if we can get them painted, that'd be sweet.

2002 WRX Mods: