Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ohio Roll Call

288K views 3K replies 285 participants last post by  Jgrasham 
#1 ·
Hey, i think theres about 5-6 of us on this board within 20 minutes of each other. I figured I'd start a roll call thread just to see how many of us there are.

Name, Age

I'll start it off:

Jason, 17

I'm located near the intersection of wilmington pike and whipp. You'll usually see me driving on 48.

04 WRB WRX, a few mods right now. Hopefully Cobb Stage 2 by next year.

#727 ·
If I can get out of work on time, I just might show up tomorrow.

It should be good... I can see it now:
my WRX -vs- a ragged-out old 88 civic with rusty quarter panels and 19" chrome wheels, oh, and a three-and-a-half foot tall aluminum wing.... the civic takes the win at 18.91 @ 46mph, as I follow at a lightning fast 45mph and 19.27.

Yeah...sounds like accurate foreshadowing to me.
Oh, and I'll need a new turbo and some gaskets and seals when its over.... and I'll smell like burnt clutch too.

I'll try not to embarrass the Subaru community too bad.
Kilkare seems a little uphill anyway.

#728 ·
ok ill be taking off every thursday from now on.

#731 ·
I think a few of us will be there really early, like at door opening. We'll be giving subisnack's STi a pep talk and playing Rocky music. And we'll be looking for that one kid that always tells us to drop tire pressure to like 2 PSI so he can give us more great info. If anybody has some chrome 20's from an G-body, the weight should help....sorry, I'm rambling. Long day already.

#732 ·
fatgroundhog said:
And we'll be looking for that one kid that always tells us to drop tire pressure to like 2 PSI so he can give us more great info. If anybody has some chrome 20's from an G-body, the weight should help....sorry, I'm rambling. Long day already.
omg, roooofl.

#733 ·
Got my accessport today :)

Flashed to Stage 2, car wouldn't start :(

Reflashed it back to stock, car started :confused1

Reflashed it once more to Stage 2, and it worked like a charm :D

Not sure what happened, but it is working excellent now. Hitting just over 16 psi. Missed Kil-Kare tonight because my parents needed me for landscaping at the last minute. Hope everybody had fun.

#735 ·
Hey all,

I'm thinking we should maybe consider going to the two tracks down south when we want to run. Kev got two runs in last night (maybe could've had three) in like 4 hours. I hear the other tracks get like 2 or 3 an hour, if not more. Just a thought.

We met another Rexer last night. He's had it a few months and is running cobb stage 2. I told him about the site, so we should see him on here soon.

Blah.

#736 ·
It was fun last night. Although I would have like to get more than two runs in, I learned a lot. (Like I need to go through tech before I race :rolleyes: )
First run was a 14.39 and second was a 14.16. My 60 foot times are killing me! (2.24) It sucks, because I "thought" I had a good launch both times. No bogging or anything. The car sounded great.

So anyways, I trapped the data from both runs, and will crunch the numbers and see if I can figure out how to improve.

I will probably try and enlist you all to help me figure it out :)

edit:
Congrats on stage II Nick! Thats sweet!

#737 · (Edited)
wish i could have made it... had to work late

you guys planning to meet on saturday? it should be nice in the afternoon... id like to finally see what everyone has, and it would give you all a chance to have a good laugh at my car.

someone mentioned going to another track to race.... you mean something like Edgewater? Ive raced there before and I liked the track a lot more than Kilkare, its just a far drive. Only problem is that there are turbo hondas down there that can run easily in the 12's and 13's, so it would probably be better to try to stage against other Scoobys, rather than get embarrassed by a 16 year old in a parent-funded turbo civic. Just a thought.

What other tracks are around? are there any toward columbus? im sure there are, i just dont know where.

Edit: I just noticed that Tri-State Dragway down near Cinci has test & tune on saturday from 2-6pm. No price is listed on their site though.

#738 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

That sounds like you had fun last night. GOOD WORK Subisnack! Not bad for a 1st day! With some more practice you should be easily in the 13's! Too bad you only got 2 runs in, that really really stinks.

Last night, I spent some time with the gf, my new wheels, and "Friends" (the last episode). I'm not big on "Friends", but was pretty big on the other 2.

Here are some pics, the new Rota Downshift 17's with Yokohama AVS ES100s are Installed!

#739 ·
Another look: (see those nice McGard lugs...)

#740 ·
Last one...

#741 ·
Oh yeah,

It's dirty Nick, so don't make fun of it. I need to clean those sideskirts and the wheel wells sometime soon, but lacked the desire to do all that last night.

Oh yeah, My wheels > Snowverts stockers (with grime/sludge/brake dust crap on them)

I am teh win.

#742 ·
Tubby, your car looks excellent. Those downshift's look perfect with a black car. Handles a lot better now too huh? Can't wait to see them in person.

Doubt I'll be able to meet up on Saturday. I'll probably be stuck helping out with my parents landscaping nightmare. Their yard is chaos right now.

#743 ·
Very nice Tubby. Thanks for posting pics. Feels like a different car, right? Handling is much improved.

Newbie, don't be too hard on your car. Most of us are only a few steps from stock, and only took those steps recently. I think part of the reason this group is so cool is we don't really judge much, or anything. Just a bunch of guys having fun.

Yeah, that's it, Edgewater and Tri-State. I'm up for going. I'd actually like to see some fast imports (even if mommy paid for it). My pride can handle it. I was told at Tri-State you could get 5 or 6 runs and hour from 2-4 on Saturdays. Oooo, actually running instead of hanging out in the lanes.

#744 ·
Looks nice Tubby! :D
I'm good with tomorrow, just say when! I'm also down with trying a new track.

#745 ·
Thanks for the comments on the wheels/tires. They are a noticeable improvement over the stockers! I've been trying to get them to "squeal" or "break loose" around corners and have been very unsucessful so far. I have been taking tight on-ramps at like 50 now! That's crazy!

I'm up for running at a different track as well! Let's run the Subies against the "Mommy Civics"!! We'll show them who's what....err....who's paying for their cars!

#746 ·
Look what happens when you send a picture of your car around work...

#748 ·
Hey All....
Pretty cool. Here are the logs I put together in excel from both runs last night. Have a look if you like numbers :D

run1
run2

#749 · (Edited)
Subisnack,

Your first run had a 0-60 time of 6.6 secs I believe. I looked at rows A21-A42 and there was a 6.6 second interval between them.

Your first run had a 0-97 time of 15.322 secs from what else I could figure.

On your 2nd run, you had a 0-60 time of 6.169 secs I believe. For this, I looked at rows A53-A73 and there was a 6169 ms interval between them.

Your 2nd run had a 0-97 time of 13.490 secs from what I can determine.

How are you logging this data? I forget what computer system you have. I'd love to run this in my car if it's even possible to log some data while dragging. Mainly just for the "cool" factor rather than tuning.

#750 ·
I like the wheels J. of course, i'll have to see them in person. wtf my wheels are clean! lol, you'll see.

the track I was talkin' about yesterday was tri-state. I thought their t&t night was friday's from like 530pm-930pm, but mabye it was saturday. i'll have to go check.

as far as the kilkare thing goes... I like kilkare. it's a place to hang on a thursday and see some cars, etc. i'm over trying to run their. 2-3 runs in 4+ hours isn't my idea of t&t.

talked to a dsm friend of mine there last night and he was saying he would get 6-8 runs in within 2 hours at tri-state last year. he could almost run back-to-back. I mean, how much can you learn about getting better times when you run 2-3 times once a week.

tri-state is in hamilton, it's not that far of a drive. edgewater, on the other hand, is quite a drive from dayton.

i'm down for a little meet type thing on saturday if you all want. just let me know.

#751 ·
Thanks....
I'm running Delta Dash . It's pretty neat, and I think it will come in handy. I can now go back and see what the deal on my runs were. You can pick out where I was shifting, hit fuel cut, what RPM & boost on launch.

I stare at databases, and program all day long, so it's kind of fun for me to crunch the numbers, but I don't think everyone would enjoy that. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.