Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ohio Roll Call

288K views 3K replies 285 participants last post by  Jgrasham 
#1 ·
Hey, i think theres about 5-6 of us on this board within 20 minutes of each other. I figured I'd start a roll call thread just to see how many of us there are.

Name, Age

I'll start it off:

Jason, 17

I'm located near the intersection of wilmington pike and whipp. You'll usually see me driving on 48.

04 WRB WRX, a few mods right now. Hopefully Cobb Stage 2 by next year.

#653 ·
We should have a race to see who's comes first!

Integra.... I call you out!!! My Access Port will be here before yours!:rotfl:

Sorry...that seems to be the new trend on SRD lately..... I just had to try it. But it did not make me feel any better....

#654 ·
subisnack said:

Sorry...that seems to be the new trend on SRD lately..... I just had to try it. But it did not make me feel any better....
It only works if you type like a 7 year old and cuss every other word.

Kev- you didn't accidently order the AP for the WRX did you? I went to the site and didn't find anything about the STi AP.

Whoever is going tonight...you should probably bring a sweatshirt just in case. Being cold sucks.

#655 · (Edited)
Kev- you didn't accidently order the AP for the WRX did you? I went to the site and didn't find anything about the STi AP.
Nope. It's not a public page.... You have to e-mail them for the link first....

link

#656 ·
subisnack said:

If it doesn't arrive by May 31st, I'll cry like a little girl :(

#657 ·
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!

You guys are taking over our thread! Nice work on the "calling out", my money is on Kevin's AP before Nick gets his.

word up.

#658 ·
Good turnout tonight at KilKare. I WAS there, but didn't get to see any of you guys. VERY busy night, probably the most people I've ever seen there at the track.

I talked to the White 02-03 WRX Sedan that ran a 13.7 and he had AccessECU Stage2/93. Said he didn't know whether to shift at the top of 3rd or not and didn't. I guess he hit the rev limiter and would have run a 13.5 or something.

The black 02-03 WRX Sedan that was running with plates "SMOKE U" only pulled a 14.3 best I saw. He just has springs, bodykit, BOV, INJEN CAI, and some other visual mods. I've met him at a car wash and he doesn't have a freaking clue about his car. I need to get my AccessPORT going and put a nice run in at KilKare one of these days.

I did bump into Dave and his black sexy STI tonight, I only saw him pull a 14.1 best, and I guess he ran a 14.1 earlier in the night. I know if he gets better launches, he'll be in the mid-13's easy.

Fun night, great weather, and I introduced my girlfriend to the track. She loved it, and wants me to run my car in the future sometime. It's good to have support like that! ;)

#659 ·
Hey,
We looked for you but never saw you Tubby. yeah, the guy in the white WRX did well and was nice. The kid, yes kid, in the black one told us he was running 13.5s...so when he did a 14.3, I was there to ask what happened. Not too nice, but I didn't like his attitude.

Dave ended up running a 13.92ish...nice run man.

I bench-dyno'd a solid 13.2. Yeah, 13.2.

Snow...where'd you go? Last we saw you went to the can or to get food. We waited, and waited, and waited...

#660 ·
fatgroundhog said:
Snow...where'd you go? Last we saw you went to the can or to get food. We waited, and waited, and waited...
I ran to get a drink, and the guy with the white wrx where we all were standing had to move up some and I didn't see any of you. walked up and down the lanes to look for you guys, but couldn't find ya.

saw dave was up near the front, so I bs'ed with him for quite a while. I had something to do tonight, so I ended up leaving a little before 8pm. sorry to jet and not say anything, but I was running late.

dave, i'll give you a shout on yer cell saturday afternoon sometime. good run getting 13's!

#661 ·
tubbytreats said:
The black 02-03 WRX Sedan that was running with plates "SMOKE U" only pulled a 14.3 best I saw. He just has springs, bodykit, BOV, INJEN CAI, and some other visual mods. I've met him at a car wash and he doesn't have a freaking clue about his car.
fatgroundhog said:
The kid, yes kid, in the black one told us he was running 13.5s...so when he did a 14.3, I was there to ask what happened. Not too nice, but I didn't like his attitude.

rooofl.

#662 ·
First, nice last run Dave! I'm glad we stuck around to see it!

The guy in the white WRX was real nice. Told him about our little get togethers and stuff...

I introduced myself to the guy in the black WRX and got blown off twice. Oh well... Maybe when he hits those 13.5's he will want to talk. :p

Now I have the itch to run.....

#663 ·
Sorry to have gotten mouthy about our young friend...I should know better. I'm sure he's cool when he gets to know someone.

Pretty good time last night, but we gotta find a way to see everybody. I almost prefer the cruise-ins (and my ears don't hurt so bad when that 9 second Camaro shoots by).

Have a good day all.

#664 ·
I don't think the "SMOKE U" (Black WRX Sedan) is worth our time. Even when I met him at the car wash, he was all about himself and his ride. I hate guys like that, and I don't think he'd bring any good car knowledge to our group or cruise-ins. I might be wrong, but he's not laying down a good impression as of yet.

The guy in the White WRX was cool, I told him about the AccessPORT and he's gonna shell out the cash to get it. He was really interested in all the features I was telling him about.

I gotta get a good run in before May 28th. That's when I go under the knife for my knee. I'm hoping to get a 13.5 before then and I'll be happy with that for the rest of the summer. My wheels/tires don't get here till May 6th, so I'm bummed about that, but at least they are on the way in a UPS truck. (90 lbs for the package(s)!!)

Good job Dave, I'm sorry to say I left around 9:30 and didn't see you run. I was hoping you'd hit the 13's!

#665 ·
We were talking to the guy with the white wrx's wife, right before his last run. She was nice, and said they have a 95 Camaro also with about 450 horse.

I didn't talk to the dude in the black wrx, so I have no opinion of him yet. I got there kinda late, but still saw a few good runs. I couldn't believe how crowded it was.

#667 ·
That guy with the white WRX said he had Cobb Stage 1 (which came with the car when he bought it). I tried to tell him to call Cobb and see if they would cut him a break on AP, but that when the other kid jumped in front of me....and I walked away. That's why I grinned when he ran a 14.3 (but at least he had a BOV and intake which should have been good for 13.5s).

#669 ·
fatgroundhog said:
That guy with the white WRX said he had Cobb Stage 1 (which came with the car when he bought it). I tried to tell him to call Cobb and see if they would cut him a break on AP, but that when the other kid jumped in front of me....and I walked away. That's why I grinned when he ran a 14.3 (but at least he had a BOV and intake which should have been good for 13.5s).
Is this the guy I'd asked about? I sold my white WRX, it had the APS (Cobb) stage 1. The car had silver and black leather, gauges on the A pillar. This car did run 13.5 when I was in it. And did it have white Fondmeatal rims?

#670 ·
KWIK WRX said:
Is this the guy I'd asked about? I sold my white WRX, it had the APS (Cobb) stage 1. The car had silver and black leather, gauges on the A pillar. This car did run 13.5 when I was in it. And did it have white Fondmeatal rims?
the car yer describing is the one we saw, but fatg isn't talking about him. he's talking about some kid with a black wrx, shrug.

#671 ·
KWIK WRX said:
Yes, it is your old WRX. Why is it a stage 1 if it has a full turboback? Isn't that normally Stage 2 with a Cobb setup? I know it was a joint effort between APS and Cobb, but I think they still used similar maps, as they are using now.

#672 ·
I can't remember how I got the turboback, I think it came with the Club kit, I know the RT kit came with turbo back also.

Thats cool I miss that car. What did he run that night? If he had those wheels on he needs to take them off and put'em in a boat to use as anchors. At least the owner of the car knows what he has, and he's cool. What did he tell you (guys) about the car? I hope the stealership didn't rape him on the price last I heard it was going for $20,000.

If you guys see this guy again tell him I've got the CEL FIX for the check engine light.

#673 ·
Yah I had a pretty good time last night. I've found myself slowly improving. Least I know how to spell d-r-a-g now, with the 13.9. Hopefully in the mid 13s in due time. It's all user error.

It was just super crowded. 3 runs in 4 hours, wow. We should try Hamilton some saturday. They run 2-6, gates open at 1:30. I'm sure it about the same price but from what I hear you get gratuitouly more runs. I'd go this weekend but they have some IHRA event and had to cancel the test and tune.

I did meet 'smoke u' in the black WRX. Didn't get a super bad vibe, though a tad immature. I think he was a bit nicer cause he saw me with the STi first. I'm sure if he saw any of your car/mods he would show a bit more respect. That's my theory.

Weather on Sat is scattered. But if anyone is up to anything, let me know. Cruise-in or SRD meet, I'm down.

To all, having a party on sat around 8. Invited like a random group of people, like a hundred, so don't feel like you need to know anybody but myself. Have no idea how many will show up though. Single guys, not promising many girls but you're more than welcome to bring them. Just don't hit on mine, please. We've got some booze but if you could bring some, that would be well apprieciated. Email me (in profile) for directions, cause I don't know who else reads this post.

Eric, will be looking for your call.

#675 ·
Congrats again. It looked fun!

I did meet 'smoke u' in the black WRX. Didn't get a super bad vibe, though a tad immature. I think he was a bit nicer cause he saw me with the STi first. I'm sure if he saw any of your car/mods he would show a bit more respect. That's my theory.
When I introduced myself, I told him groundhog had a stage 2 02WRX and I had a silver STi. He said "oh" and started talking about how good he looked in his sweats. :screwy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.