Ohio Roll Call - Page 142

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I also think you would be fine if you took it to Wagner. But I don't remember the 15k mile ...

I also think you would be fine if you took it to Wagner. But I don't remember the 15k mile service being anything really. Check in your manual, but I think it was mainly just inspecting a few things, and maybe changing the air filter?
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the response.

I dunno
    Bo had told me a while back if they were to installed your pipe's them self it would be ok under warranty. If you do it yoru self or by someone else it's game over

I was going to let him do my but he charge to much so i did it my self.
    Go! Peter Solberg!

Oh yeah, Thursday at KilKare was teh suck. I only got 3 runs in, bringing my total number of runs at KilKare in 2004 to 6. My best was a 14.43 @ 91 MPH (yes, I missed 4th)

I missed 4th pretty much every time on Thursday night. I was sorely saddened that I wasn't in the 13's, but I will have to get more practice at Edgewater or something instead of KilKare. I'm really frustrated with the low number of runs we are getting there for our money.

Funny Note: On the way back from KilKare, Kevin had lined up behind me at a stoplight, and to the side of me was a blue service van with 2 guys in it. They rolled down their window and said "Wanna run em?". I replied, "Sure, I'll even give you a head start!"

So the light turned green, and I let them take off for about 3-4 van lengths and then took off. It was funny how in 2nd Kevin and I just pulled right on by with a wave out the window. Funny guys, I think they got a big kick out of it!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyingRex
    I dunno
    Bo had told me a while back if they were to installed your pipe's them self it would be ok under warranty. If you do it yoru self or by someone else it's game over

I was going to let him do my but he charge to much so i did it my self.
    when i went there to change my oil (yes i'm still doing dealer oil changes...don't ask ) i asked about installing uppipes/downpipes and they said they don't remove cats so they won't do it. but i also feel they would be the best mod friendly dealer around

i have to agree with the kil kare runs. they seem to allow the big block american cars to run A LOT more than everyone else. oh well
    Last edited by bluerex47; 09-27-2004 at 06:52 AM.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

i dunno.... i was at kilkare the 9th and 16th (while visiting). the 9th had a pretty good showing of cars, but the 16th was naked. there was hardly anyone there. i got there before they started the 1st run, and there was less than 20 cars there. as soon as they were done racing, they went right back into the pits and over and over. im serious. they had almost no cool down time. it was weird because i hear all the stories about how they are always packed. i dunno. maybe it was just a once in a season thing. the announcer said there would probably less cars also because the points had ended. o well.

im still looking forward to meeting everyone once i move down.

do u guys have an actual site? or just ***** this post up? haha. have u guys ever thought about gettin your own site? reason i ask i because im on www.lersoc.com (cleveland area subaru club). its pretty cool. would make things more organized. just wondering. (dont look at me to set it up, i know nothing about that stuff)

more questions..... i know of some of the dragstrips, but is there any road couses around? ive never done that but i think it would be pretty cool to race on. i know theres nelson ledges (about 15 min from me, but im so lazy i never went there), and mid-ohio which ive been to once but never raced on. just looks hella fun though.

one vote for the game to set up a forum for us

there are several road courses around here. the best one in my books is mid-ohio. its very close to mansfield...about a 2 and a half hour drive. another one is putnam park (i think its the name) where bo and the wagner subaru guys do events of the such. i would really enjoy doing this as it is an autocross times 10. you truly get to use all your power. sounds like a blast
    - chris

I think it's pretty expensive to run on mid ohio..
    Go! Peter Solberg!

Ok guys, I've taken the challenge of setting up a forum just for us Dayton/Cincy folks. I will be getting a free domain name (I can get up to 25 free .info domain names) so I'm thinking along the lines of:

http://www.DaytonSubies.info
    http://www.DaytonSubaru.info
    http://www.Dayton-OH-Subarus.info
    http://www.Dayton-OH-Subies.info
    http://www.DaytonWRX.info
    http://www.DaytonSTI.info

(maybe I'll just get them ALL and direct them to the same site!)

I can get hosting set up this week and get a forum up on there (no promises it will LOOK cute, but it will work for us) Let me know if you'd be game to pitch in like $5.00 each to get it up and running for the 1st year.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

25 free domains? wow..
    I like DaytonSubies.info
    Go! Peter Solberg!

+1 for daytonsubies.info

also can pitch in some money.

about mid ohio...you can take high performance driving schools there, the cheapest to get your car on course is $635 (with your car) or $725 with their rsx-s. its one day, all in-car parking lot events and then a 45 minute on course drive. the only problem is this first class is full of pretty much anyone who can drive so you won't get to use all of the wrx, but you can really enjoy it. i sure did.

but as far as renting the course, i say we join someone who already has done it, such as an s2000 club or a porsche club to name a few.

on the other hand, wherever wagner subaru goes in indiana, its relatively cheap and its all subies. kevin was checking it out a while ago, maybe he can put in his .02
    - chris

Ok folks, I'm already done! We've got our own forum now on http://www.DaytonSubies.com

Go there and register yourself for a new account!

2002 WRX Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by tubbytreats
    Ok folks, I'm already done! We've got our own forum now on http://www.DaytonSubies.com

Go there and register yourself for a new account!
    Woo Hoo! Good job Tubbs. I'll pitch in some money also, just let me know.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Just uploaded all the Impreza/WRX Service Manuals on that site.

2002 WRX Mods:

just registered. sweet. that was a good suggestion then eh? or good timing. heh. could i suggest a off-topic and general section also tubby?