Ohio Roll Call - Page 140
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; anybody care to video kevins run for those who cant make it there? that would be awesome. but if its ...

anybody care to video kevins run for those who cant make it there? that would be awesome. but if its too much work don't worry about it
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    anybody care to video kevins run for those who cant make it there? that would be awesome. but if its too much work don't worry about it
    I'll bring my camera if anyone is up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    just like your vf34? lol
    VF34, suspension, STi, 72 Cutlass, 455 upgrade to my 69 Cutlass, 5.3L upgrade to same Cutlass, 5 speed upgrade to same Cutlass, brake upgrade to WRX (Nick will remember that one), selling the WRX and having money...

Most of these happened, went away, happened again, and again, and again. I talk a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgroundhog
    VF34, suspension, STi, 72 Cutlass, 455 upgrade to my 69 Cutlass, 5.3L upgrade to same Cutlass, 5 speed upgrade to same Cutlass, brake upgrade to WRX (Nick will remember that one), selling the WRX and having money...

Most of these happened, went away, happened again, and again, and again. I talk a good game.
    LOL sounds just like me. i go through everything i want to have then realize i don't have any money
    - chris

**Side Note Warning**

Bought some new tires for the stocker rims for winter. I read tons and tons of reviews on All-Season High Performance tires and landed upon Toyo Proxes 4 in 225/50/16 trim (yes, these will fit on the stock rims even though stock size is 205/55/16) Speedo will only be off .09% as well, which is less than negligable.

Tire Discounters here in Dayton wanted $555 for tires, shipped, mounted, and balanced on the stock wheels!!! YIKES!

So I went to http://www.EdgeRacing.com and picked up my Toyos shipped to Dayton for a measly $358. I also called Wally-World and they mount/balance tires on rims for $7.50 each wheel. I honestly don't care about scratches on the stock rims, they are cheapo anyway. What a deal!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

thanks for the info tubby....to bad my re92's still have 90% tread life.

i'm surprised you didn't get winter tires for winter? some all seasons (including mine) aren't the greatest on snow...wonder why they call them all seasons then
    - chris

That must be a joke. I grew up driving All-Season tires in Buffalo, NY where we got buttloads more snow than we ever could get here in Dayton. Honestly, I've driven everything, studded tires, snow tires, chains, etc you name it, but all-season's worked fine believe it or not. (I drove both FWD and RWD cars in High School)

With AWD and all-season tires, you are all set. Studded tires and chains are more for getting your momentum started rather than for actual traction in the snow. (Basically, so you don't spin your tires out and dig yourself a trench) AWD helps with the getting started with momentum problem. Actually, thinner winter tires are preferable (like rally tires for snow/ice that are super thin) because they can dig into the deep snow for turning/cornering better.

In Dayton, I've yet to have a morning when I was worried about moving around in the snow. Even with my almost bald stock RE92's, I never had a problem. These Toyo Proxes 4's will be just what I need for the fall/winter/early spring.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

hmm...i'll take a real world experience any day over something i've read. plus it makes me happy to keep my nicer wheels on the car
    - chris

Never had a AWD when I lived in Colorado, but always just had all seasons. Never had a problem there... I got stuck ONCE in my 87 Toyota Tercel in 16 inches of snow though. That was kind of fun

Just got back from lunch with fatgroundhog. A White/Gold STi parked beside me, and also so a new white Legacy GT at a light. It looked great.

Kevin I should be at KilKare tonight. I may be there early if Adam can't go, but I won't know until later this afternoon.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Legacy GT= sweet.
    White STi with Gold wheels= sweet

All season's have worked well for me everywhere except Spokane. When the roads iced, you needed to stay home. In Dayton, never had any trouble, even in my RWD Cutlass.

What time are you going tubby? I should be there by 4:30 4:45 or so.

Hey

I'm new to the "club" I live near Akron, ohio...and recently just got an05 WRX STi

Jim/23

Welcome. Can I have your STi. You really would rather drive a used Civic.

sorry...but I'd like to keep it...too much fun

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.