Ohio Roll Call - Page 139

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yes it was a nice day and I had fun out there.. I'm ready to do it again hahaha...

Yes it was a nice day and I had fun out there..
    I'm ready to do it again hahaha
    Go! Peter Solberg!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by integratowrx
    I was pissed my Dad didn't give me a warning about the loose gravel. He usually gives me the road report, because he's even more obsessive about his cars than I am (bet ya didn't think that was possible, huh?) Luckily I only went 5 mph for the small stretch that I was on it. My parents literally live about a mile from there.

I had a good time as well. Sure was stinky in the back with all the catless exhausts
    By the time we were done, I had a good headache going on from the fumes. Oh well. The price to pay for some fun!

all i smelled was tubby. nothing bad, but it was cool to see the black smoke when you stepped on it

on a side note, i almost got hit twice cause i didn't see the other cars.....i think i need some better contacts.

i DID get my tire fixed so i'm sportin the 17's again w00t
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Ha! I didn't smell anything nasty whatsoever!! I just had clear dairy-air in front of me! Pays to be the leader!

This morning I saw a Chrysler Town and Country minivan take on a deer at full speed on 844. The deer had crossed both northbound lanes and the grassy median about 100 yards in front of me, and the minivan driver heading southbound apparently didn't see it coming from the side.

They hit the deer straight on, and I saw it front row as if I was in the movie theaters. The deer got clipped and legs flew up on top of the car as fur, car parts, broken glass, and radiator fluid flew all over the place in a big cloud. I know the front of the van was smashed in quite badly, but couldn't see it from where I was.

It was one of those times when things slow way down and you can see everything happening at like 1/4 speed. I could easily see the deer and minivan lining up for a collision, but there was nothing I could have done!!

I wasn't able to cross over to their lane because of the bridge on 844, but some others behind me crossed over to help out. I called 911 and explained the situation to the responder and he didn't have any further questions for me, so I guess I got it all in. (BTW: Calling 911 from a cell phone is quite weird. If you haven't done it before, don't hope to...)

Anyway, I was definately fortunate this morning, God was protecting me from getting into a serious wreck. Word to the wise: the deer are moving around, so be careful in the mornings!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

wow that would be a sight. lucky you didn't hit the dear (or any flying body parts). the dear died i take it? that sucks.....for the van driver too
    - chris

Quiet group....

Today's desire is for an uppipe. I wonder how that $100 ERZ uppipe is....

Discuss.

Just looked at that ERZ thread on here a bit ago. I dunno man, seems too good to be true. An uppipe is a pain-in-the-butt install, you only want to do it ONCE. I'd rather buy something that others have proven to last for a long time rather than buy something cheap and have to do it all over again.

I'm going to stick with my Crucial Racing uppipe suggestion. http://www.crucialracing.com

w00t!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

somewhere there is a huge thread on erz stuff, dunno if its the same as the one tubby read. i will have to agree though. there is a time and place to buy cheap knockoffs and a time and place to spend some real money.

godspeed
    crucial racing
    helix
    sti

so many to choose from. i'd go with crucial though. godspeed in a close second
    - chris

That's when we gotta figure out what a cheap knock-off is. Its stainless steel, the fit is proven....Hmmm, is it that bad? I dunno (I'll probably buy nothing and just talk about it for a while).

This morning I spotted a white STi traveling north on 741
    The car is lowered and it look really nice.. does anyone know this guy?
    Go! Peter Solberg!

Quote Originally Posted by fatgroundhog
    That's when we gotta figure out what a cheap knock-off is. Its stainless steel, the fit is proven....Hmmm, is it that bad? I dunno (I'll probably buy nothing and just talk about it for a while).
    just like your vf34? lol

my "knockoff" is a no name brand. granted, helix is a knockoff (i think), but they have been around for a while. i'm not too sure about erz's downpipe, and that makes me tend to think not being too sure about their other equipment too.

just my .02
    Last edited by bluerex47; 09-22-2004 at 07:31 AM.
    - chris

Anyone going to KK tomorrow? I'm thinking about it. Might be the last run I get in before I'm done for the year. Post up!

no kk for me. sad to miss out.

i've got a question for all though. a guy on here is selling his spt springs/struts for $375. what do you guys think of this setup? very nice price especially when comparing to springs alone.
    - chris

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyingRex
    This morning I spotted a white STi traveling north on 741
    The car is lowered and it look really nice.. does anyone know this guy?
    probably the manager from soundwaves... he had a rsx, then a z, now an sti.... cant seem to make up his mind...or stop upgrading.
    badass car though... gold-ish wheels, pretty low... looks good to me.

too bad that anytime in the past ive talked to him he's been a self-absorbed, conceited son of a *****.

Hey, I'm up for KilKare tomorrow! I'll head over there right after work!

2002 WRX Mods: