Ohio Roll Call - Page 134

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; He got married, and then dropped off the face of the earth. Funny how that works.... j/k...

He got married, and then dropped off the face of the earth.
    Funny how that works.... j/k

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll be getting some new Toyo Proxes 4's for my stock wheels here in a month or two. I'll be sure to drop your name over with the folks at Tire Discounters. I'm hoping they'll beat the deal I found on the internet for tires at $71/piece. At least if they meet that price I'd be pleased.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I'll be getting some new Toyo Proxes 4's for my stock wheels here in a month or two. I'll be sure to drop your name over with the folks at Tire Discounters. I'm hoping they'll beat the deal I found on the internet for tires at $71/piece. At least if they meet that price I'd be pleased.
    It's not Tire Discounters, it's Dayton Tire Sales. (smaller hometown tire shop) I've only bought cheap tires there for the beater, so I'm not sure of their price-matching abilities. It is definitely worth asking though.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

Well... I got my tire. Brought it home. Mounted it. Went around to check the pressure in all the other tires to make sure they match. And wouldn't you know it... My other rear tire has a nice screw in it. Arrrrrg.

I'm going to go take a nap...

I can now smoke your pants off in the 1/4 mile!! ha!

sorry to hear about your predicament.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Yeah, sorry to hear about that Kev. Did you drive through a construction site or somethin?

I saw Dave at the gym today. He said he hasn't really had internet access too much lately.(I think he's working on master's classes at AFIT) Also said he's been having a blast with the race/spec miata, although they blew up the motor last weekend. They're getting a new/used one installed asap.
    '02 PSM WRX

Originally posted by integratowrx
    Whatever happened to scoobienewbie also? He got married, and then dropped off the face of the earth.
    Yeah... sorry about that...

I'm still here. I read this when I get a chance. I have been meaning to post, but I guess I just don't have anything interesting to talk about. I don't have any AP or anything like you guys are always talking about, so I just kinda read the posts and thats it. I have been wanting to come out to meets and stuff, and have driven by the old meeting place Saturday after Saturday, but to no avail. It seems as if nobody ever posts where they are gonna meet anymore. I don't really like the SRD meets, cause I'm the kind of guy who speaks his mind about people and situations, and basically says stuff to people that everyone is thinking, but don't ever want to say... and that will get me into a fight or something... (nobody on here ever has been anyone that I would have a problem with - you guys are all cool as hell).. its just at the big meets, people run their mouths, and I am one to tell them how it really is when nobody else will....i think you all get the picture. The Suby meets were cool, and I really want to participate.... if you still have them. I think I will change my name on here...what to, I have no frickin' idea... but even without any Cobb parts, I don't really feel like such a newbie anymore. Don't count me out... if you guys are going to be having meets and installs and stuff, you can pretty much count me in as long as I know they are happening. Sorry for the long-ass post.

Hey, a masters at AFIT is no excuse for not interneting! I'm supposed to be studying for finals and writing a thesis as we speak, but does that keep me from reading the boards?
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    Le Car

Yeah, sorry to hear about that Kev. Did you drive through a construction site or somethin?
    Nope... No place unusual... Maybe boosted found me and has been putting nails and screws under my tires???

Oh well. It could be a lot worse! It just means I get to play in the Forester some more. I forgot how fun that is too.

We do need to have another meetup soon!

Originally posted by Lachlan
    Hey, a masters at AFIT is no excuse for not interneting! I'm supposed to be studying for finals and writing a thesis as we speak, but does that keep me from reading the boards?
    You go to AFIT? A few of us on here work on base.

Scoobynewbie: Good to hear from ya! Our meets have been few and far between lately for sure. Good to hear you aren't wasting all your money on parts like us

Yeah I gave up on those SRD cruise-ins also. The last time I was there a mob of about 30 guys was about to beat up a couple dude's I knew. Too many punkass high school kids. Same old cars week after week. Anyways, we definitely need to meet up soon. Tubby what date are we planning for?

p.s. your avattar pic is most excellent
    '02 PSM WRX

Saturday Sept 18th :: Dayton Subie Meet!

We'll be having a meet up on Saturday Sept 18th at 12:00 noon. This time, we'll pick a park in the Centerville/Kettering area that we all can meet at (I'm thinking Delco Park on Dorothy Lane and Woodman Drive). We'll grill out, shoot the breeze for a bit, we can play some volleyball or basketball there and then go out for a cruise on some backwood roads.

I've been crusing around the area scoping out some nice drives for our meet. I plan to get a map put together and printed for everyone who chooses to participate. We'll line up with our cars and head out for a 20-30 minute cruise which will loop back to our starting point. Hopefully some of you guys will have radios and the like so in case we get split up at some country stopsign or stoplight, we can all get back together.

I'm going to start an attendance list, please reply back on here if you are interested in coming. (I would like to hear if that 12:00 pm time is a problem for anyone before doing anything official)

Also, I don't know if Delco has grills we can use, so if we do the grilling thing, we might need someone to bring one.... I know that sounds crazy and all cause we'll be driving our WRX's... We'll work something out I'm sure.

Who's up for a Dayton-area Suby meet on the 18th? (Cincy guys are more than welcome as well)

2002 WRX Mods:

Sounds good to me Tubby. If the bbq thing gets too confusing, we could just order some pizzas once everybody gets there, and we decide how many we need.
    '02 PSM WRX

Woohoo! I've got a George Forman propane grill I can bring if we need. It's not sooper big, but it's better than nothing...
    Le Car

Biggest thread ever...
    Mine's a Stock-a-roo

I just bought an uppipe and the inner diameter is 55mm, is that bad? It's bad, isn't it.
    Le Car