Ohio Roll Call - Page 133
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by tubbytreats NEW COBB MAPPING FOR THE WRX OUT! http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ulti...1;t=000819;p=3 So can we download the revised map, and ...

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    NEW COBB MAPPING FOR THE WRX OUT!

http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ulti...1;t=000819;p=3
    So can we download the revised map, and still keep the old stage 2 map as our base map? Just in case I'm not as happy with the new revision?

I haven't really messed with my AP since I got it. I just flashed it to stage 2, and put it in the closet.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm the same as you Nick. From what I've been reading, the actual new 1.20 BASE Map for STG2 is a 20% improvement over the last one, and the 1.20 REALTIME Map for STG2 is an 80% improvement over the last one. (By improvement, I mean, that's how much of the map was modified from what Trey is saying)

Basically, you'll want to re-flash your BASE map and use the new REALTIME map as well for the full effect.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I'm the same as you Nick. From what I've been reading, the actual new 1.20 BASE Map for STG2 is a 20% improvement over the last one, and the 1.20 REALTIME Map for STG2 is an 80% improvement over the last one. (By improvement, I mean, that's how much of the map was modified from what Trey is saying)

Basically, you'll want to re-flash your BASE map and use the new REALTIME map as well for the full effect.
    I'm not sure how it could be that much better, as I'm quite pleased with the old map. I'll give it a try though. Thanks for the info!
    '02 PSM WRX

Here's a comment posted in that thread on the new performance in the Stage2 mapping:

Ok guys and girls I just wanted to put this review of the new stage 2 maps. I just got back from the test runs. First impression was WOW! The car felt so much better I couldn’t believe it, not only that, it pulls so much harder and not just a little bit A LOT. I then made a few more runs and wrote down some info for everyone to see. Boost readings in 1st gear 13.9236 PSI, 2nd gear 15.9541PSI, 3rd gear 16.6793PSI, and 4th gear 16.9694Psi! This updated map is def. much more high performance. I felt it right away and wow. Any way here is some more data. 12:30am 65degF 80% humidity, Pressure 30.17

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Looks good guys! I just put down the newer stage 2 base and realtime maps for the STi. Still getting CEL's. Last one after alomst 3 weeks of driving. Oh well.... Still having lots of fun.

Also, made it to #5 on SRDU's top 1/4 times. For what that's worth..... top times

I'm still having infrequent CEL "fits" and the new fix is supposed to reduce that. Here are all the changes in the 1.20 map for Stage 2/93:

2002-2003 AccessPORT Map
    Info File Last Updated: 9/2/04

Map Name: Stage2 93 oct
    Description: Stage 2 using 93 octane fuel. Requires stock turbo, stock intake and turboback exhaust. 280HP / 285 ft-lbs.
    File Date: 9/2/04
    Latest Rev: 1.20

Revision Notes:

1.20 - Added additional CEL defeats listed below. Revised fuel mapping under full load, primarily between 3000-5500 RPMs to accomidate a wider range of vehicles and smooth power delivery. Revised wastegate duty cycle maps to smooth boost response. Revised boost target maps for smoother response and better partial throttle driveability. Raised Rev Limiter to 7250 RPM.

1.19 - Original mapping. Based on the AccessECU Stage2 reflash version 1.19.

Base Map vs Real Time Map Differences -
    The base mapping contains some additional logic for improved performance and is HIGHLY recommended to be used if you plan on operating at a Stage2 level.

Additional Notes:
    For use with a stock turbo, stock injectors, stock intake and a TURBOBACK exhaust system. Additional modifications such as uppipe and underdrive pulley are still within the acceptable parameters of this mapping. MUST USE FACTORY INTAKE. NO AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS MAPPING.
    Best if used with 93 and 94 octane. For 92 octane please use the 91 octane mapping.
    Target boost pressure is 15.8psi +/- 0.5psi depending on vehicle and conditions. If after 1-2 weeks worth of driving you are still unable to reach target boost pressures, you may try using the HWG version of this map.
    Target A/F Ratios are mid 12's under load before the onset of boost. Under full load by 3500 RPM the A/F Ratio will drop to mid 11:1 and gradually run richer as RPM's increase ending at mid to high 10:1 A/F at redline.
    The "Speed Limiter", which in reality just turns off boost control above 130mph, is removed.
    The Rev limiter at 7250 RPM.

CEL Codes Defeated [WHEN USING AS BASE MAP]
    (** means new to latest revision):
    P0037 - Rear O2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low **
    P0038 - Rear 02 Sensor Heater Control Circuit High **
    P0136 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction **
    P0139 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response **
    P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
    P0545 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Low
    P0546 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High
    P1301 - Misfire Detected (High Temperature Exhaust Gas) **
    P1312 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Malfunction **
    P1544 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Too High **

2002 WRX Mods:

I like having more info like that as far as what the maps are actually doing. Very cool.

Dumb question.... Some of the CEL workarounds.... Some of them I would rather keep? Like the EGT ones? The misfire?
    Why is AP working around these? The o2 and cat ones make sense.....

Well....Subisnack is out of commision.... Nice nail through the back passanger tire. arrrrg... Nick... Did you know someone who is in Moraine at the tire place? I know someone around here did!

haha mines out too (since last week). got a nail in the front. it was flat in 30 minutes . so i've got the stocker wheels/tires on there now.

thanks for the info on the maps. i think i'm gonna keep my setup as it is now cause i don't want to waste reflashes if i'm going to jump to stage 2 this fall.

hope everyone is enjoying their subie tho, mines in ohio while i'm in south carolina for work. can't wait till i get home
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Well, I loaded the new stage 2 maps. It feels better in first and second. Seems a bit smoother and more powerful. On the highway it seems a little "laggier" in 4th and 5th, but I did notice a bit more top end. Just seems like the stock turbo doesn't putter out as much up top. My boost levels are a bit higher in 4th and 5th.(touching 17 psi before leveling off around 16.5 psi.) Overall I'm happy with it, but need to drive it more. (or maybe it's all in my head, and it didn't change much)

I wouldn't worry too much about the reflashes Chris. Supposedly we're good up to about 100 reflashes. I'm at 5 or so now.
    '02 PSM WRX

I'm at 5 or so myslef. I think 100 reflashes is a really conservitive number. Most computer stuff can take many more flashes than that, so unless something is really different.....

NIck, I noticed after driving mine for a few days, my boost levels and what not leveled off quite nicely. Give it a couple of days and it may smooth out in 4th and 5th as well.

I put the new 1.20 rev Stage2/93 BASE Map on last night as well as used the 1.20 Stage2/93 REALTIME Map and noticed an immediate difference in 1st and 2nd gears.

I didn't get those crazy high boost levels like you Nick in 4th and 5th. I maxed at 15.8 PSI in both 3rd and 4th (no ability to test 5th without a huge ticket) but I hope that learning in the ECU will fix things up a bit.

I also didn't get a chance to test out the new 7250 RPM Redline. But I bet with AutoX, that will be very helpful. (There is a Stg2/93 AutoX map that has a 7600 RPM Redline in it!!! )

What were your reflashing procedures Nick?

2002 WRX Mods:

I think my boost levels will level off once the computer has learned a bit. Also, I didn't use my AP for boost readings, just my reg. boost gauge. The times it hit about 17 psi, the boost was climbing fast, so it may not have been exactly 17. It could just be the momentum of the needle. I'll try to get exact readings with the AP.

My reflashing procedures were straightforward. Reflashed to the new Stage 2, and then loaded the new Stage 2 as my realtime map also. I'll have to drive it some more before I make my final evaluations. (not sure when that'll be since it's supposed to rain the next couple days )
    '02 PSM WRX

The guys at Dayton Tire are great. They are going to "take care" of me. There are a few others around here at work that have good experiences with them as well. Just wanted to pass that along...

Anyone seen or heard from Dave? I miss my STi buddy.

Originally posted by subisnack
    The guys at Dayton Tire are great. They are going to "take care" of me. There are a few others around here at work that have good experiences with them as well. Just wanted to pass that along...

Anyone seen or heard from Dave? I miss my STi buddy.
    I've been wondering where Dave is also. Haven't seen him at the gym lately either, so I'm wondering if he's out of town for work? Whatever happened to scoobienewbie also? He got married, and then dropped off the face of the earth.

Yeah the Dayton Tire guys are super nice. Tony (one of the manager's) has been my friend for years. So if anyone goes there just tell him you know me, and he'll take care of ya.
    '02 PSM WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.