Ohio Roll Call - Page 116

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yeah it's funny how noone ever seems to mention having probs getting the old bolts off. Of the downpipe installs ...

Yeah it's funny how noone ever seems to mention having probs getting the old bolts off. Of the downpipe installs I've been involved with (3), one of the top bolts seemed to be crossthreaded from the factory on 2 of the installs, and I twisted one of the studs off the bottom on my car. They would of been easy if we didn't have to deal with that.

As far as not taking the intercooler off, I don't think it's possible w/ the STi. Even w/ the wrx, I'd be afraid of beating it up pretty bad. Plus it seems like it'd be too hard to get to the bottom studs.
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Snowvert,
    Another one of your posts made me laugh. You told a guy swapping downpipes was easy. Ha! Well, maybe after the first time....

And remember, I know how many times you've held a wrench! Just kidding with you. Your car sounded mean when you past me and Kev Saturday.

I'm thinking of getting the Sti RA version6 gears. Will someone recommend a mechanic in the Cincinnati-Dayton area?

The only one I could recommend to work on Subaru stuff would be Wagner. I imagine the dealership price would be a little higher though.

Originally posted by fatgroundhog
    The only one I could recommend to work on Subaru stuff would be Wagner. I imagine the dealership price would be a little higher though.
    Yeah, I like Wagner, but I don't know if I want to take it to a dealer.

Hendrick's auto service in Huber Heights has always been good to me. They have a large tranny shop, but I'm not sure what kind of Subaru experience they have.

Originally posted by subisnack
    Why don't you come to Kil Kare with me on Thursday, and we can compare on the track
    j/k....
    slipping 5speed wrx tranny != bulletproof 6speed sti tranny.

hey you never know though, mabye i'll just do that.

Snowvert,
    Another one of your posts made me laugh. You told a guy swapping downpipes was easy. Ha! Well, maybe after the first time....

And remember, I know how many times you've held a wrench! Just kidding with you. Your car sounded mean when you past me and Kev Saturday.
    it is easy. I took my downpipe off when I was up at godspeed while mike (the mechanic) was eating lunch. if you have a lift/jack stands it takes literally an hour tops to get if off and the same to get it back on. never had to mess with my intercooler. the stock ic was still on my car at this point, not sure why it took you all so long? mabye a sti is more difficult? no idea. mabye i'm just lucky!

anyway, when and where did I pass you? no way you two were in either of yer cars, I would of waved or something.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Obviously none of your bolts or studs were crossthreaded from the factory? The downpipe swap is easy in itself, it's the 1-2 hours spent trying to cut the crossthreaded bolt out. Had your downpipe been removed recently also for something else? Because maybe the nuts/bolts were easier to remove since they had recently been removed.

On all of the installs I've encountered we could tell there was crossthreading right after the first "loosening twist" of the nut. I dunno maybe we've just had bad luck.

p.s. A lift makes all the difference.
    '02 PSM WRX

Yeah.... the bolt was the biggest problem. Oh well, it's done, and I'm not complaining.

We passed you on Wilmington around the WalMart in the STi. I had my hand out the window waving, but you were in la la land or something Made me feel like the guy giving a high 5 but the other person just staring at you. Looked like a fool j/k....

A fool in an STi. Ooooo, torque.

If working on a car was like leggos, the way it should be, then its easy. But bolts stick, round off, etc.

And for a public service announcement...change your air filters. I did last night and my car runs better.
    Last edited by fatgroundhog; 08-10-2004 at 06:27 AM.

Originally posted by subisnack
    We passed you on Wilmington around the WalMart in the STi. I had my hand out the window waving, but you were in la la land or something Made me feel like the guy giving a high 5 but the other person just staring at you. Looked like a fool j/k....
    haha. I didn't even see you guys, or I would of waved.

And for a public service announcement...change your air filters. I did last night and my car runs better.
    I need to clean my sus, it's been like 8 months since i've done it. so I want to deal with the perrin inlet in any fashion again? nope, but I have to I guess. I need a damn house with a normal garage so I can work on things.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Why my vacation is better than yours

Reason 1:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails justin in rally car.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Why my vacation is better than yours

Reason 2:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails justin with skyline gtr-34.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I have a buttload more pics, but can't post them here, I'm at an Internet Cafe and they charge by the minute!

I'll put them up later, the Skyline was sweet!! We saw about 20 of them at Motorex, all in this one warehouse. Sickness!!

The Rally Car I was in was at the http://www.rideanddrive.net in Northern LA on Sunday. A very fun event, I'm wanting to get into AutoX now. Anyone hear of Putnam Park in Indy? The instructors told me to register there for a weekend in the fall for training. I'm really wanting to do it!

2002 WRX Mods:

You suck Tubbs I'm jealous.
    '02 PSM WRX