Ohio Roll Call - Page 112

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by integratowrx Chris, yours is coming this week also, right? You bet, stage 1 by the end of ...

Originally posted by integratowrx

Chris, yours is coming this week also, right?
    You bet, stage 1 by the end of finals week. just in time for the long drive home, can't wait
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

UPDATE: STi RA gearset/transmission is bolted up , tomorrow the axles go on, and the juice goes in....

Mechanic thought i was runnin on 3 cylinders... " Sounds funny" i laughed and asked him if he ever heard a modded horizontally opposed moter, he said no.. I told him to go turn the key and look for a CEL... nope
    bringing my accessport up so i can scan it before i get home just in case...

Say a prayer for me and my trans. If its not binding, doesnt make noise and it shifts gears, The gearswap will be a success.

If not successful, my next post will probably be depressing...

so wish my lil suby luck
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

howdy...man it's fun on the road, NOT. I'm in houston now 3 days so far and have seen no WRX's yet. Saw one EVO yesterday running around. Oh, and had a Celica with the kiddies try and play with me on I-10, followed me off the exit and behind me reving at a stop light. I left when the light turned green and well they did not quite make the grade, he he. My sis was trying to keep coffee from spilling on my car at the time. Fun stuff and I'll catch yawl when I get back.
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine

Originally posted by bluerex47
    hey eric, why are you looking into 18's? are you going for the look or do you want a nice ride? if you are going for day-to-day driving/not a harsh ride, i'd say go with 17's. the largest width you can go is 8 and i guess there is no rubbing. IMO, i'd go with 17x7 with some nice all seasons. not only do they look nice/better ride, but for performance reasons they weigh less than 18's. good luck
    personal rule, going 2 sizes larger then the stock wheels always gives the best look. i'm not an autox, track guy, etc. I just mod for fun, and 18's fill out the look better, that i'm going for then 17's do. a stiff ride is actually what i'm looking for. I don't like that luxury soft-suspension feel.

I agree that 18's definitely add a rough ride, and some weight. But, 18's look prettier than 17's. Plus it seems like Eric hit's the track about as often as I do
    haha yes. tranny sucks, and not going to destroy it up at kilkare of all places. sti ra gears and then no prob, but it will have to wait.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I love the torque's also. I think Snowvert is the "name brand" kinda guy, and wants to spend the big bucks on the original Work's.
    it's not even that. to me, the only thing between you and the ground at these high speeds that we go, are your wheels and tires. this is not the place to cut corners. everyone has their opinion about it, but the wheels that i've put on my cars in the past have always been top of the line, for this very reason.

if I was just going for looks, there would be 2x as many options.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=74107

bad news gang, my tranny nightmare continues
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

:(

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=74107

bad news gang, my tranny nightmare continues
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowvert
    [B]it's not even that. to me, the only thing between you and the ground at these high speeds that we go, are your wheels and tires. this is not the place to cut corners. everyone has their opinion about it, but the wheels that i've put on my cars in the past have always been top of the line, for this very reason.

Rotas are great wheels and are safe as you are gonna get. Many folks have pushed them very hard with great results...

I have seen even SSR's break under stress. Any wheel can do it. Minimizing the chance is always a good idea, but it can still happen to any wheel.

The stocker wheels and tires will do 140 MPH! he he

I haven't run my new Rotas, but maybe when I get back to NY and can get on a good empty stretch of road....

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by fatgroundhog
    Rotas are great wheels and are safe as you are gonna get. Many folks have pushed them very hard with great results...
    Originally posted by subieworx
    I have seen even SSR's break under stress. Any wheel can do it. Minimizing the chance is always a good idea, but it can still happen to any wheel.
    rotas are replica's. they do not fall into my category of acceptable wheels because replica's are not something I use.

everyone is going to have their own opinions about what wheels they will or won't use, these are just my personal rules for buying wheels.

volk, racing hart, etc. these are the company's I use.

on a different subject, are we grabbing some lunch or something before justin leaves on vacation?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

You know Work copies wheels from SSR.

Originally posted by subieworx
    You know Work copies wheels from SSR.
    I'm well aware. that's why you don't see work wheels on my car. in the end the wheels I choose will either be the ssr comps or a set from volk. perhaps racing hart, but it's doubtful.

there are nothing wrong with replica's, they just aren't something I use.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Originally posted by Snowvert
    I'm well aware. that's why you don't see work wheels on my car. in the end the wheels I choose will either be the ssr comps or a set from volk. perhaps racing hart, but it's doubtful.

there are nothing wrong with replica's, they just aren't something I use.
    Oh, I thought someone said you were looking at Work wheels as well. SOrry. If I had the money to spend on nice wheels I probably would feel the same way you do. I like the originals not to mention their superior construction.

Snowvert, you're wierd (ha). But as long as your personal rules don't apply to me, that's fine.

Still up for lunch this weekend...