Ohio Roll Call - Page 111

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, when is the next autox up there? I'm at work and can;t check it right now....

Hey guys, when is the next autox up there? I'm at work and can;t check it right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Feel free to veto, but since we don't make decisions well, I'll put my thoughts out there.

I vote we meet Saturday in Fairborn, near Wagner (or even at Wagner). There are a number of food places nearby, including some Chinese buffets, etc.

Or, we could even meet in the Airway shopping center- not too far from 35 for you guys. There is a good Greek place, or a nice buffet.

I'll just say that I'm flying to Cali on Friday afternoon and will be gone until the 14th. I can only meet up if we do something before Friday.

I like those SSR Competitions alot Snowvert!! I think Anthracite would look sweet too! Forget Bronze man!

I'm down with a lunch meet up at Wagner (I work about 2 mins away) anytime!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Oh yeah, I don't know if you can get 18x8.5"s to fit on your car. I know there will be rubbing when you go to turn sharply. People can usually just fit the 18x8's on the WRX without some modifications.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

son of a bich. i'll have to look into that.

where in cali are you going?

I can meet up before friday too, doesn't matter to me. just let me know where and when.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Flying into San Fran, spending the week doing a road trip to San Diego and back all along the coast. We have a good number of friends out there who we'll be staying with for the trip. Should be fun times. I'm gonna try to go to Motorex (where they "legalize" all the Nissan Skylines from Japan) as well as I-Speed USA (where they have those 2.8L stroker WRX engines!)

I'm also going to be participating in http://www.rideanddrive.net on the Sunday that I'm there in LA. Should be fun times!

2002 WRX Mods:

since the return part of your trip is san diego, make sure you hit the gaslamp district or even pacific beach, if you are more into the club scene.

san diego > cali > !
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

hey eric, why are you looking into 18's? are you going for the look or do you want a nice ride? if you are going for day-to-day driving/not a harsh ride, i'd say go with 17's. the largest width you can go is 8 and i guess there is no rubbing. IMO, i'd go with 17x7 with some nice all seasons. not only do they look nice/better ride, but for performance reasons they weigh less than 18's. good luck
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Originally posted by bluerex47
    hey eric, why are you looking into 18's? are you going for the look or do you want a nice ride? if you are going for day-to-day driving/not a harsh ride, i'd say go with 17's. the largest width you can go is 8 and i guess there is no rubbing. IMO, i'd go with 17x7 with some nice all seasons. not only do they look nice/better ride, but for performance reasons they weigh less than 18's. good luck
    I agree that 18's definitely add a rough ride, and some weight. But, 18's look prettier than 17's. Plus it seems like Eric hit's the track about as often as I do
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

I like 18's, but Rota just released the Torques in Gunmetallic and Royal black(or something like that) in 17's that are beautiful. I have the silver Torques and would trade them in a second for the Royal black ones.

Originally posted by subieworx
    I like 18's, but Rota just released the Torques in Gunmetallic and Royal black(or something like that) in 17's that are beautiful. I have the silver Torques and would trade them in a second for the Royal black ones.
    I love the torque's also. I think Snowvert is the "name brand" kinda guy, and wants to spend the big bucks on the original Work's.
    '02 PSM WRX

Work just released their new Meister 2pc wheels that are badass. They look a lot like the SSR Professors. They have about a 5" lip that is beautiful!!! Look in the suspension forum here, there is a thread showing pics.

Originally posted by integratowrx
    I love the torque's also. I think Snowvert is the "name brand" kinda guy, and wants to spend the big bucks on the original Work's.
    if i had the money i would too
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

AP came today. and lemme tell you, its awesome! much more driveable. although i did have to turn my wastegate arm 1.5 turns to hit target boost (16.2 psi)
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by Shibby
    AP came today. and lemme tell you, its awesome! much more driveable. although i did have to turn my wastegate arm 1.5 turns to hit target boost (16.2 psi)
    Glad you finally got yours, it's pretty noticeable huh? 2nd and 3rd gears are totally different.

Chris, yours is coming this week also, right?
    '02 PSM WRX