Ohio Roll Call - Page 109

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by tubbytreats Snowvert - I'll do a ride swap as well!! Don't ride with him, I can smoke ...

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    Snowvert - I'll do a ride swap as well!! Don't ride with him, I can smoke the pants off Nick's WRX, he's got nothin! Then I'll get a ride in the STG4...
    lol, of course you can have a ride. I didn't think you were up for driving much since your knee is getting better, which is good. gladly take a ride in each of your cars, ha.

the question is, when are we meeting up? saturday at the church and the normal time as usual or wha?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Since last Saturday fell through (I guess I dropped the ball), I should say sorry.

I'll hang if it is a little closer to me, but I'm busy early so even if I wanted to treck south, I wouldn't make it in time.

We can try the same setup as last week, or I can make it a little more south, like the Meijer on Harshman or even at Wagners Subaru. That could be cool.

whatever works, is ok with me. if it's up that way, then I won't be able to make it till 12:30pm, like I said somewhere in this thread.

different subject, but should there be any problem with wagner subaru replacing my front right passenger tire for free? the valve stem is leaking.

info, por favor!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Not sure anyone would do that for free. Maybe I don't understand. GET NEW WHEELS. Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud?

Shouldn't you be in bed? Ha. I'm proud of you being awake and all.

Snowvert, I have some extra (really nice) McGard valve stems and covers that I didn't use from my new wheels. You can have em if you want them. I dunno how much Wagner would charge ya, but if it's alot, you can just have one of my extras.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

a friend who is knowledgable about cars says he thinks its the valve stem, I don't know for sure, but what else could it be?

what I was asking is would wagner have a problem replacing a tire on my car, as it's under warranty.

thanks for the offer justin, i'll take you up on it if you know how to put it on and fix the thing. my gas mileage has gone to sht.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Originally posted by fatgroundhog
    Not sure anyone would do that for free. Maybe I don't understand. GET NEW WHEELS. Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud?

Shouldn't you be in bed? Ha. I'm proud of you being awake and all.
    this might be happening soon. found a killer deal on one of the 3 wheels I was looking at.

bed? morning person lately!

this is a chop of how it might look. not perfect, but pretty close and of course it's not my car.

thoughts? it's either these, the pff7's or the ssr's, which are light and all, but only come in silver. black with silver wheels does not work for me.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Oh man, SSR Competitions are awesome wheels.... You should get em, I love the look of them, even with a black car man! (Don't they have some gunmetallic or dark gray color for them??)

Here's a pic of SSR Competitions in Anthracite with Polished Lip (just like me!) http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Displ...e+w%2FMach+Lip

I'm personally not a fan of the Prodrive PFF-7's for the WRX. I don't even think I like them on Bo's STI over at Wagner Subaru. Definately not for a black WRX in my opinion.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I agree with you 100%, the ssr's are pimp and anthracite looks good, didn't know they had that. only issue is they are around $550 per wheel, if memory servers, but I may be wrong with that. the pic I attached in my last post are work wheels, 18x7.5 and found all 4 for $1175 shipped. about a grand difference, so I don't know.

either case, I need to get this valve stem fixed or a new tire for my stock wheels. you know how to replace it, etc?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

Here's a pic of the WRX with the Anthracite wheels in 18's. (They are $400 a piece from TireRack.com)

PS - Don't know how to change valve stems, I would assume it's not too easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:

PS - Don't know how to change valve stems, I would assume it's not too easy.
    Isn't it just a niftly little tool that un-screws the valve? Then you screw the new one in?

Could be wrong....

Oh, I was thinking the rubber around the valve stem is leaking. My valve stems came with the rubber end that is inserted INTO the tire. Seems like a good amount of work to get that inside the tire vs. just changing out the valve stem metal part.

I've changed enough bike tires in my life, but I think auto tires are a little bit more sophisticated. Anyone else?

2002 WRX Mods:

Oh, I was thinking the rubber around the valve stem is leaking. My valve stems came with the rubber end that is inserted INTO the tire. Seems like a good amount of work to get that inside the tire vs. just changing out the valve stem metal part.
    I was not coming down on you or anything
    I'm just confused as to what is actually borked.....

snowvert - get the work wheels!!! those are awesome. and if you want to, buy some automotive spray paint and change the color. not too hard to do.

for the valve stem - if it is just the metal piece inside the stem, those are easy. like someone said, just unscrew. but if its the whole stem, i doubt wagner will do it for free, but isn't really too pricey. just take off the tire, put in a new stem and such. they'll probably only charge you for taking off/mounting the tire. good luck...wish i could be home for a meet
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Way different subject, but I'll let it fly anyway.

Saturday mornings, a bunch of guys get together to talk, pray and eat. It starts at 830 and normally goes until about 10 or so. Anybody is welcome- ask me for details. Its a good time and I actually look forward to it each week. I know its early, and for most of you, its a trek to get there, but I promise it's a good time.