Ohio Roll Call - Page 107
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by fatgroundhog Did they finally confirm porting eliminated spiking? I thought it washed out. No truck...unless it has ...

Originally posted by fatgroundhog
    Did they finally confirm porting eliminated spiking? I thought it washed out.

No truck...unless it has a big block.

Bring any food back, Nick? Share with your friends.
    No food, we ate it all over the weekend.

Kevin, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the Stage 2 power increase. You bought it from an excellent vendor also. You're car will be kinda smelly w/o cats, but it's worth it. I'm anxious to see how it sounds with the stock muffler etc...

I've got the bug to buy something again also. Going to try and make myself hold off till I save some more money, but we'll see. I want EDM Headlights, or STi seats. Not sure how they'd match my interior, but I like the bling look of them. So Kevin, your seats are so uncomfortable you want to trade for my '02's right????
    '02 PSM WRX
    18" P1's, TBE, and Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the 02 seats matched my interior I would trade. They are much better seats than the 04's.

So Kevin, your seats are so uncomfortable you want to trade for my '02's right????
    Oh yeah... REAL uncomfortable

Originally posted by subisnack
    Oh yeah... REAL uncomfortable

and your brakes too. they must stop too quickly. you wanna trade those also????
    '02 PSM WRX

I'm thinking Kev's engine is too torquey, so I'll sacrifice my 2.0 for his. I'm that kind of friend.

Kevin's been telling me that he hates his BBS wheels and that he doesn't like the red "STI" on his intercooler. I told him I'd swap so he could get my intercooler with past bird guts on it, and that I'd give him my 16" stocker wheels for his BBS ones. What a great friend I am.

Oh yeah, Kevin said something about not wanting his VF39 either, so I think I'll have to take that off his hands and give him my turbo. He's really pushing the limit of my patience however....

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

You guys are too much....
    Funny...very funny

stage2? good! ride please!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

they already have sti stage 2?? wow thats cool. can i get a ride to if i ever am back in town?

and to vent....subaru of dallas sent out all the 04 APs. they claim cobb didn't send enough and there were people on the list before me (which i assume is true). so i'm still without my AP. /vent

But, there might be good news, they called Cobb and hopefully will be getting some more by the end of the week, and they will be holding one for me.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Originally posted by bluerex47
    they already have sti stage 2?? wow thats cool. can i get a ride to if i ever am back in town?

and to vent....subaru of dallas sent out all the 04 APs. they claim cobb didn't send enough and there were people on the list before me (which i assume is true). so i'm still without my AP. /vent

But, there might be good news, they called Cobb and hopefully will be getting some more by the end of the week, and they will be holding one for me.
    That's a crock. You'd think Cobb would be caught up by now. Not sure why they didn't hire a few more people since they have so much demand

expensive product - cheap labor = profit
    '02 PSM WRX

Step 1 - collect underpants
    Step 2 - ???
    Step 3 - Profit

Well, we could always go to the competition....nah, I'll stick with Cobb, bumps and all.

Originally posted by fatgroundhog
    Well, we could always go to the competition....nah, I'll stick with Cobb, bumps and all.
    Cobb is definitely the best option for those who can't tune themselves, but wouldn't it be in their best interest to speed things up? They could make a ton of money with all the demand right now. But, I imagine there's some sort of underlying reason why production is slow.

Who knows, I'm just glad I have my AP
    '02 PSM WRX

two reasons I don't have the cobb system.

1)they are taking forever with these maps and even longer to give tuners the software to actually tune it on the dyno. let's not forget they are making vf30 and vf34 maps to start.

I would bet serious money that neither of those turbo's are among the majority.

2)for the price of the reflash and the ability to tune yourself, you are now paying more then a utec. turbo xs is a solid company with a very solid engine management system.

for those that don't want to deal with tuning, well I can obviously understand. in the almost year i've had my stage4 setup, I have never once needed to tune or changed any of the values in any of the columns.

if you're not planning on switching out your turbo, or at least in the near future, I can also easily understand just wanting to reflash it and forget it. for anyone planning on upgrading their turbo, I would not be going with cobb as my choice in engine management. turbo xs, aem and the new hydra system are all established now as well, in which tuners can actually tune their systems.

if I have some info wrong, please feel free to correct me. i'm not saying cobb is bad, they make bad products or that someone is stupid for choosing them. I just have my issues with their business practices.

it's 7am, i'm tired.

on a side note, we meeting up thursday or saturday?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I have actually been looking into the user tuneable Ecutek lately. THye have a screen that will actually allow you to tune some functions of the map on the fly without the need for a laptop. Pretty expensive though at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.