Ohio Roll Call - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohio Roll Call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey Shibby good luck! If you need help I'm in Dayton and I'll be glad to help. I did a ...

Hey Shibby good luck!

If you need help I'm in Dayton and I'll be glad to help.

I did a perrin up and downpipe in mine a few months back
    Your Friendly neighborhood Antimullet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Kwik WRX, Yea thats an SRT in the lot I don't know who it is though.

Man I just got a insurance quote to see how much more it woulod be to get an STi, holy Crap! They want $500.00 bucks more a year!!!!

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    KWIK WRX,

I've seen you around in Fairbon on US-444. I have the Black 02 WRX Sedan. Isn't that your old white WRX in the parking lot of the Mitsubishi dealer in downtown Fairborn?

I find it odd that there's a white 02-03 WRX in the Mitsubishi lot, and a white 03-04 Evo 8 in the Wagner Subaru lot. Interesting...
    Hey what's up, I've seen you also, saw you when I was leaving the BX area turning onto 444.

Yep, thats my old girl sitting on the lot, man it was hard letting her go. It's not there anymore I wonder if she has a new home?

That white EVO is overpriced, got mine new with 10 miles on it at invoice.

Originally posted by integratowrx
    It's the white one that had white Racing Hart's right? I remember meeting you at Kil-Kare a year or so ago. I figured you bought an evo since I saw it sitting at the Mitsu. dealer.
    Yeah thats my old car, I think she has a new home. Those wheels are ship anchors, Fondmetal 6700, 24 lbs. I got better 1/4 times with the stock wheels.

I don't remeber who you are exactly, I talked to alot of guys with WRX's, which car did you own. If you told me I'd remember.

Originally posted by KWIK WRX
    Yeah thats my old car, I think she has a new home. Those wheels are ship anchors, Fondmetal 6700, 24 lbs. I got better 1/4 times with the stock wheels.

I don't remeber who you are exactly, I talked to alot of guys with WRX's, which car did you own. If you told me I'd remember.
    Now that I think about it, it was the summer before last. I didn't have my wrx yet, but was asking you where you bought yours from. I ended up getting a silver sedan. Kinda wishing I had held out for an sti, but I'm happy with what I have. I'm saving money for a house, so I'm just going to stick with the wrx for the time being.

Antimullet, Wow...$500.00 Maybe you should join me, and come to the dark side, mine went up $67.00. Have you test drove the STI yet?

yes! uppipes in. There's some new noises, including a faint whistling (I can only hear it when the hood is open, and it seems like its coming from the center of the engine, rather than near the turbo). But not the banshee scream that people have described. As far as I can tell, there are no leaks. antimullet, since you've done the perrin uppipe b4, what do you think?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

oh, and we tried doing the STi engine mount install, but I've given up on them. I don't have the correct tools. So unless one of you guys has a set of VERY long box wrenches, I'll be selling these guys.
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Hey Shibby,

You should hear the turbo spooling better.

But you'll definitely know if the uppipe is leaking. It'll sound like a VW sandrail without any mufflers, mine leaked.

What kind of problem you having with the mounts?

When I had my engine loose on one side it looked like you could get in there?

The uppipe won't make it super loud but it'll make a difference.

But if you can't smell any exhaust or if you squirt some water around the uppipe and don't see it getting shot around by air you should be OK.

If you want I'll give you a hand with the engine mounts tomorrow let me know.

I could get the front bolt and center nut off of the engine mount. Then we jacked the engine up. The problem was with the rear bolt of the engine mount. It was very obscured and the only way I could get at it was by linking two box wrenches together.

here's a tutorial, you can see how they had to make tools to get at that bolt:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...ghlight=mounts

Well, we spent a good 45 mins trying to get that bolt off, and just gave up. If I had a 2 foot long 14 mm box wrench I could get it off.

I would like to try again before I give up for good. I work tmr, but I'll try to locate the right tools and give it a go again. Antimullet, any thoughts?

----------------------------------------
    As for the uppipe, I noticed a new whistling noise as soon as I started it up. However, I could only hear it when the hood was open. Even then, it was a very faint whistle. The car did smell, but I believe its the WD40 burning off.

Geez!

That does look like a real PIA.

I wonder if Bo up at Wagner Subaru has a tool we can borrow?

I ruined a motor mount nut and went in there to get one and he just gave it to me free.

He or one of his mechs can probably loan it to ya.

Also, I got access to the autohobby shop on base, if need be figure out what material you need to make a special tool and we can take it in there and see if the guys will weld it for us. I can weld but I don't know if they let anyone use thier equipment and my Gramps has my MIG welder down in florida for his 51 Chevy so I'm SOL.

Let me know if you need help!

Originally posted by integratowrx
    Now that I think about it, it was the summer before last. I didn't have my wrx yet, but was asking you where you bought yours from. I ended up getting a silver sedan. Kinda wishing I had held out for an sti, but I'm happy with what I have. I'm saving money for a house, so I'm just going to stick with the wrx for the time being.
    I remeber you, congrats on getting the WRX. Did you get if from Wagner? Good luck on the house .

Originally posted by KWIK WRX
    I remeber you, congrats on getting the WRX. Did you get if from Wagner? Good luck on the house .
    I actually ended up going to White Allen, where I got a decent deal. I tried checking out Wagner multiple times by myself and they paid no attention to me.(I look pretty young) I go to Wagner on a regular basis now, and will be taking my car there for service etc. They are great guys to deal with now that I know them, but they just paid me no attention when I had cash burning a hole in my pocket.

I saw a sweet silver Evo the other day. The guy had Volk
    LE-37T's (gunmetal w/ polished lip), full turbo-back and a few other odds and ends. If I had volks I wouldn't be rockin' them in the wintertime

Off this subject:

Saw a Black 04 Forrester XT today heading south on US-48 at the intersection of E Stroop. Looked cool, and was lined up with a Grand Prix. (I didn't get a chance to see who won that one!)

Any other Forrester XT sightings? What about personal experiences with how fast they are?

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.