Subaru WRX Forum banner

Indiana Roll Call

44K views 206 replies 97 participants last post by  mexi_loco 
#1 ·
I know there are a few Hoosiers on this forum, show yourselves. I went to a meet posted on another forum a few weeks ago, 37 imprezas attended, I wonder how many of you here were there.

#99 ·
:confused: it would only make sense that the only parts shop close to home has to be a joke...
ive ordered from jsc speed and they had good customer service
also ordered a new set of lights on ebay.. and the damn things fell apart before i could install them.. anyone know where i could pick up a set of smoked lights without dropping a fortune.. ?

#105 ·
The Gizz is right, the oven is your friend. Buy a quality tube of silicone and have at it. Its a cheap and easy, although time consuming mod that really makes a difference. Just search to find the recommended brands and procedures.

#108 ·
I think i've seen your car around.

#111 ·
I've had the car since August of '07. I bought it with a lot of modifications already installed. The guy who I bought it from had it for sale for quite a while. He told me that a lot of people were scared away from buying it because of all the mods to it. But as I'm pretty good working on cars, I appreciated all the modifications that were done to it. Plus at one point, he had the car listed for $30K. I'm sure that didn't help bring buyers to his door either. I don't think he wanted to get rid of it. Hence, the high list price. His wife wanted him to get rid of the car because it was, "...taking up too much room in our garage." I guess the kids needed room for their toys. Nice....huh!? If my wife told me that, I would tell her that the kids can have all the toys they want when they turn 18. At that point, I would be able to stick a foot up their *ss as they wonder off to find a new place of their own. And by the way, my wife's car is parked in the driveway and not the garage. My wife appreciates a nice car, and she made sure that I made room for the WRX in the garage.:tongue:

#112 ·
Since the weather is getting warmer I was wondering if there were any meets planned for the next few months aside from the one in SB???

#115 ·
I think I saw you on the road a few weeks back, Blaze. You don't see very many yellow Subys in the area. It was on 146th st.

#116 ·
i posted this elsewhere but didnt get any responces hopefully ill get something here!

ive been looking at a cobb ap or an ecutek, with maps from pdx tuning... any recommendations? or reasons to go one over the other? from what i can see the ecutek is cheaper but requires a lap top, which i have... and the maps would be the same if im getting them from pdx any info, or feedback would be great!

#118 ·
ive been looking at a cobb ap or an ecutek, with maps from pdx tuning... any recommendations? or reasons to go one over the other? from what i can see the ecutek is cheaper but requires a lap top, which i have... and the maps would be the same if im getting them from pdx any info, or feedback would be great!
Since you are from Indy contact Freon on IndianaImpreza he tunes using Opensource. If you were further south I could tune you using Opensource. There's absolutely NO benefit of Ecutek over any of the other EM solutions.

#117 ·
Sorry dude, I only have experience with a Cobb. Maybe someone else will stumble upon this and help you out.

#129 ·
Wow! I noticed that there are a few folks in Valparaiso! Woohoo!!!
Three weeks ago, I bought a used 2005 Silver STI from Merrilville Subaru.
Wow! I'm in heaven every time I get into this car. :D
I usually drive from Valpo to Merrilville along route 30 to work. I haven't seen any subies yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.