Wisconsin roll call - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Wisconsin roll call within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; or is anyone interested in a cruise/picnic/lunch somewhere? my family owns some land up in manitowoc right on the lake ...

or is anyone interested in a cruise/picnic/lunch somewhere? my family owns some land up in manitowoc right on the lake so we could meet up there and chill out for the day and maybe set up some short sprints along the road there? just for fun? i haven't been up there in a while so i'd need to go check out the roads again to see if that last bit would be possible and we would def have to park our cars along the side of the road... no parking lot near there... but also not many people. just a thought.

so... who's in? i'm happy to organize, just need some input.[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool to me, we need to get others on board! This could be a great get together!! How about two weeks out from now on a Sat?
    Blobeye syndicate #210

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello everyone! I just wanted to post up in regards to a meet. Some of the guys on the Wisconsin IWSTI site have been talking about meeting up. We are actually trying to put together a track day or join someones. One of the other guys is doing some calling around on that.

If you guys are intersted maybe we can all get together soon? I know that there is a car show at St. Dominics on Capital Dr and Springdale area in Pewaukee on July 13 starting at noon. I think some of us are going to try to make it up there for that.

okay so now that i have boss here...

i'll try to post something in a more general forum but i thought i'd let y'all know how the drive back from dc went.

in a word - AMAZING! i loved my car before but now i really really love it. boss (that's my car's name in case you hadn't gathered. yes, all of my cars have names. no, i don't care what you think. i'm a girl and i do allow myself certain girly indulgences shamelessly ) handled the mountains through PA like a total champ. i've made this drive a bunch of different times now and in several different cars. i thought jeeves (the supercharged rover) handled it well but boss was even better. in case you're not familiar with it, it's all fairly steep grade hills and big curves. they're banked pretty well but still un-banked enough that most people slow down, even in nice cars. not boss! i put the center diff control thingy as low as it would go and powered through each turn - 90mph no problem.

then we get to indiana, the straghtest and flattest drive this side of kansas. methinks perfect for a few fast pulls on the highway. top speed was around 135mph. i did i would say at least 8-10 good pulls over 110mph. checked the oil after there and it looked good. so the nitty gritty: under 100mph the car is super responsive, no hesitation, great power. over 100mph it is a little more sluggish. getting up to 135 took a bit of effort in that it didn't happen all that quickly. i was really going for a max-out to see how close to 160 i could get but with other drivers on the road and me being completely ape**** paranoid about getting pulled over i didn't have the time/distance/balls to do it.

so that's my feedback. i'll go post it in the general forums now because i'm sure people are curious about how the 08's are running and not just dynoplots. but, you heard it hear first.

so about a meetup... anyone interested? i'm going to be in milwaukee this weekend, in minneapolis the next.
    "it is easier to get forgiveness than to get permission... no regrets"

"the road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom... for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough"

"go big or go home"

we had a barbecue for the local guys here in the fox valley last weekend... i got an opensource tune from one of the guys and then some data logging... it was a good time...

Subaru Group Photos
    yup

Wausau/Weston

Waukesha, Wisconsin

close to speedway for quick premium gas

West Bend, WI here.. 04 STI WRB definitely would enjoy a meet up once....

What up guys, I just picked up my 02 wrx from Florida last week! I am located in Waukesha hit me up if anyone wants to meet up!

Cool Up North

Hi,

I live in Oconto Falls which is 35 miles north of Green Bay. I appear to be the only WRX in this area. Anyone else out there?

I have beautiful dirt roads to play on if anyone is interested. It's all legal and the closest thing to a rally most of us will ever do.

well i know there are quite a few in the fox cities... me being one of em... that's close
    yup

Hello fellow Wisconsinites!

Hey everyone. I'm a proud owner of an '05 STi I purchased 4 days ago. I can't believe I actually own my dream car!

I live in the fox cities and haven't seen a whole lot of WRX's or STi's in the area, but I know there out there. So, hey everyone!

hey bud... wecome to the family. there are quite a few of us from green bay to ohkosh... we meet somewhat regularly...

Official NE Wisconsin Thread - Page 186 - NASIOC

nasioc has a bit more of the "local" community... see you there!
    yup

Thanks Nate! And thanks for the like to the NE WI thread. I'd like to meet up with fellow owners.
    "I have as much authority as the Pope... I just don't have as many people who believe it." -George Carlin

New to the club here and from the Madison area. After 5 months of searching I have finally found a WRX wagon (after regrettably flirting with the idea of getting a silver Saab 9-2x Aero, nice car just too toned down for my taste and didn't feel like it handled the same). Just purchased a 2005 black WRX last week and it made my labor day weekend exponentially more fun

Quote Originally Posted by TowerOfPower View Post
    New to the club here and from the Madison area. After 5 months of searching I have finally found a WRX wagon (after regrettably flirting with the idea of getting a silver Saab 9-2x Aero, nice car just too toned down for my taste and didn't feel like it handled the same). Just purchased a 2005 black WRX last week and it made my labor day weekend exponentially more fun
    congrats
    maybe ill cya on the road sometime when im driving from platteville to milwaukee
    i'm not hard to miss cause i don't blend in too well
    02 blaze yellow sedan
    Bugeye Mafia #174