New subi owner. Quick questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New subi owner. Quick questions within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; First of all I'm happy to finally be joining. Also if this is posted incorrectly I apologize. Juts a couple ...

New subi owner. Quick questions

First of all I'm happy to finally be joining. Also if this is posted incorrectly I apologize.

Juts a couple quick questions.

1: 2011 subaru wrx sedan 77k miles.

2: seems like it "chokes" or "stutters" under hard acceleration. Is this normal?

3: any ideas on cheap to no cost things I can do in my garage? I'm mechanically inclined but after dropping 18k out of my bank I'm low on funds at the moment.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it modded?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No mods from what I can tell.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It shouldn't choke or stutter. You should have a smooth run to the redline. Check for vacuum leaks, your air filter, check for any boost leaks. Pull the plugs and check them out. Tons of people neglect them because they are a pain in the butt. Not as likely but have someone check your fuel pressure make sure the pump isn't getting weak.

You need to verify there are no mods on the car and that by chance the previous owner didn't have mods on it and strip them without having it retuned.

I bought it from a subaru/vw dealer. They said they would warranty it for 2000 miles. I'm going to run it again today and see if maybe it's my foot bouncing or the car.

Also the guy that owned it before me traded it in for a 16 sti. He was an older guy (50's) but I'll get his number from the dealership.

Ok. So driving around I'm believing my foot may have just been bouncing from the bumpy roads. So seems like I'm ok for now. I will be checking into pressure though. Thanks for the info.

I would say it's way less likely it's the fuel pump and way more likely it would have an improper tune.

Age of the guy is irrelevant. You hang at a good performance shop you'll realize the older the guy the more money they have to waste building a toy.

Thanks for all the input. I drove it hard this morning after it warmed up to temp and had no issues. It's very possible it was my foot bouncing when hitting all the bumps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.