Not so fun day.. need a little advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Not so fun day.. need a little advice within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Alright well to start off I had recently gotten my amazing 2015 WRX I love it to death, well like ...

Not so fun day.. need a little advice

Alright well to start off I had recently gotten my amazing 2015 WRX I love it to death, well like the lovely weather we are having here in Illinois I had a misadventure today when I was driving and hit slush and spun my car around into a little fluffy snow bank into a ditch.. my car is fine thank god but Really wish I would have had the money for my snow tires before the snow fell so I could enjoy this weather A little. So long story short I got it out of the ditch safe and sound with nothing besides snow in every part of my tires, the only thing which is why im posting.. im seeming to not be boosting properly, its showing I am and the turbo is spooling fine it seems its just not getting it. I just wanted to ask if maybe its just all the snow around the tires thats causing it just not launching right or im just really parinoid .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have traction control on? If you are still running the stock summer tires then it is not surprise to me that you are having traction problems. Either way, with traction control on the car will cut power when it realizes one or more of the wheels are spinning. This could be the "lack of power" you are feeling.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yeah traction control was on, I hit just a huge pile of slush and fish tailed im glad I was able to hold on to it and put myself in the ditch rather a tree. I just really wanted to get my snow tires but unfortunately lwith the timing of getting my car I wasnt able to afford it. Today it seemed to be pulling like normal

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentWRX View Post
    Today it seemed to be pulling like normal
    Was there any snow on the road today?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yes, I mean Im not trying to go fast, but after yesteday if I had any dry road I just tested it to see and it seems to be doing okay but I thinkthe snow that's still stuck in my wheel wells are causing the small pull.

the pull is mostly from the back and traction control engages

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm slightly confused here. When the traction control kicks in it will cut power period. That may be what you are experiencing.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.