target boost
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on target boost within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; so i have an issue hitting my target boost. it slowly clinbs and then spikes my waist gate duty is ...

target boost

so i have an issue hitting my target boost. it slowly clinbs and then spikes my waist gate duty is set fairly even.
    idk i can't upload my data log so i don't have any thing to show but i am pushing 1# when my target is 17 then it slowely climbs to 17 19 20 21 then it shuts my waist gate duty off? a leak or is it just taking my turbo that long to spool? its a TBO TD05 evo3.

thanks
    Mike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Upload your log to Google Docs
    Set it to "Public"
    Share a link
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Upload your log to Google Docs
    Set it to "Public"
    Share a link
    here is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharingmy data log i can get a better one if needed.
    Last edited by Mike2004; 05-09-2013 at 10:22 AM.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    4300 is a little to be hitting full boost on a 16g.. but then again it is a crap eBay brand from what I can tell, so I'm not that surprised.

What kind of car do you have?

It is a 04wrx it had a manual boost adj I put it back to stock cuz I just bought a cobb ap and trying to get it dialed in but all the ots maps seem to reach boost long before mine by along way.it is not listed as a 16g it says it's just a h model not sure what the dif is, but the TBO site has aTD05 16g but it's not the same one I have I have the smaller but I could be wrong I bought it this way from a dealer and have no way of contacting the previous owner. Can I tune for this? Like in waist gate or boost table

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2004 View Post
    cuz I just bought a cobb ap and trying to get it dialed in but all the ots maps seem to reach boost long before mine
    Found your problem....
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2004 View Post
    It is a 04wrx it had a manual boost adj I put it back to stock cuz I just bought a cobb ap and trying to get it dialed in but all the ots maps seem to reach boost long before mine by along way.it is not listed as a 16g it says it's just a h model not sure what the dif is, but the TBO site has aTD05 16g but it's not the same one I have I have the smaller but I could be wrong I bought it this way from a dealer and have no way of contacting the previous owner. Can I tune for this? Like in waist gate or boost table

None of the OTS AP maps can be used with that turbo, obviously. You might have some luck taking it to a good tuner, but with a junk turbo I wouldn't expect stellar performance.

I Support ClubWRX
    It looks like you've got a leak going on.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    It looks like you've got a leak going on.

I was thinking possibly a preturbo exhaust leak.. but I don't know how that turbo should perform in the first place.

I agree i loked the turbo up and it is most defenatly a chepo. i bought my car with 60k and it no has 112k. The car has always run strong up till the change, though i have never data loged the car prior to the access race tuner so i'm not sure how well it was tunned in the first place. all i did was add the cobb ap and injector clinic 650cc injectors and take the manual boost adjuster out and and now it seems to be running funny. BUT i expect that due to the tune not being set up for this turbo. my question is can i adjust this in with the waist gate duty or boost target table to match or get closer so my boost error is closer to 0 and do i have to adjust timing with the adjustment? i have atached a more recent data log.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Mikehttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing

I Support ClubWRX
    So you added injectors and modified your map?

UNYSOC

yes mdified the injectors and left the turbo map alone but am going to reduce the waist gate duty a little before the over boost to try to revent it. question is do i need to adjust my timing any to match boost or once i match boost is everything going to look right with the timing due to the fact it is matching my boost table?

thanks
    Mike.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2004
    yes mdified the injectors and left the turbo map alone but am going to reduce the waist gate duty a little before the over boost to try to revent it. question is do i need to adjust my timing any to match boost or once i match boost is everything going to look right with the timing due to the fact it is matching my boost table?

thanks
    Mike.
    You should NOT be trying to tune injectors without a WBO2. Do you see the front O2 sensor readings? You should park your car or have someone who knows what they're doing fix your map.

UNYSOC

Are you saying my front 02 readings are off. I have a wide band I just don't data log with it but I watch it and it seems to match my front 02.

I Support ClubWRX
    17-18:1? Yes, that is potential motor build numbers. I mean this the nicest way possible...take your car to someone who knows what they're doing.

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast