target boost - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on target boost within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I understand what your saying but I can't afford it. And it's my everyday car I have kids I need ...

I understand what your saying but I can't afford it. And it's my everyday car I have kids I need it my tuner has a dash board so I can watch the change happen while I adjust I assume it is a latency (dwell time issue) I asume I will see it richen up at that rpm and throttle poss.right I have no choice to do this myself.and it sucks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sell/return AP
    Buy VAG-Com($10) cable and money saved for a professional tune OS tune.

I'm being dead serious. Blobeyes can be easily flashed with a cheap modified VAG-com cable. Theres a huge thread on NASIOC.
    Heres a decent link
    All I did was jump pin 16 to 11 for the 12V.
    <--2005 WRX owner.
    Last edited by UEDan; 05-10-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2004 View Post
    I understand what your saying but I can't afford it. And it's my everyday car I have kids I need it my tuner has a dash board so I can watch the change happen while I adjust I assume it is a latency (dwell time issue) I asume I will see it richen up at that rpm and throttle poss.right I have no choice to do this myself.and it sucks
    .... I don't understand this logic ever. You can't afford it but you are about to not be able to afford a HUGE bill once your motor blows.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2004
    The fact that you didn't take notice of 17-18:1 AFRs tell me you're not ready to self-tune the car, especially at this level. You can't afford ~$300 for an email tune, but you're talking thousands and weeks of downtime if the car blows up, which in its current state is a good possibility. Do as you wish, but I would not recommend DIY in this case.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I agree I would not recommend this to anyone without exp. However I did pay akuma motorsports $300 for a tune he said I had to get my boost leak fixed and I did this smoke test to 20# sent them another data log and now they will not respond to me after calling and emailing what a joke. I did notice the leanMixture but it is not constant only when I give allot of throttle it is right at 14.3-14.7 at cruise. I know I should not drive it at 16+ if it is there for longer than a sec or s.i can also get to cruise without it going lean. It is just in one spot I have yet to adjust finely I am going off the paper work from the injector place that m ade them.they need to be fine tweaked.

Honestly after looking at your log, I wouldn't want my name attached to the tune. You are about to cause some serious damage. Your AFR is way tooo lean.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

ok now that i adjusted my tip in enrichment, my a/f correct is a little off maybe i over corrected for it i will change back slightly to see if it cures it.. So it looks like i fixed the lean condition at
    faster throttle change,now it goes down to 13ish rather than up to 15-18 it does go lean but that is at
    throttle pos.( 0 ) for a split sec that looks normal to me. check it out and give me some feed back.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

thank you
    Mike

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You are missing the point. The stock O2 sensor cannot be used to monitor proper AFRs.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12