WI emissions laws

This is a discussion on WI emissions laws within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have tried searching the WI DOT sites and I can't find anything if WI has any kind of visual ...

WI emissions laws

I have tried searching the WI DOT sites and I can't find anything if WI has any kind of visual inspections. I have previously owned a civic with full exhaust and they just plugged in and sent me on my way (no visual inspec). I have catless UP and DP AP V2 with stock CBE. Anybody shed some light on this issue for me?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ROHDEREX View Post
    I have tried searching the WI DOT sites and I can't find anything if WI has any kind of visual inspections. I have previously owned a civic with full exhaust and they just plugged in and sent me on my way (no visual inspec). I have catless UP and DP AP V2 with stock CBE. Anybody shed some light on this issue for me?

Thanks
    I believe they just changed the law/rules on this, they just plug into your ODBI connector, and check your emissions from there, they aren't even going to be checking cars older then what would have the connector. I guess it's since it's takes to long to visually/manually test those cars. I know it seems completely backwards... but... um... welcome to Wisconsin

just after i bought my 02 WRX they just plugged it in ant that was it. but with my last car a 97 cavaleir with a CAI, Wisconsin does require a closed air filter box. as far as i know with the subaru's and newer (computer cars) they just plug them in and if ur not throughing any engine codes at all u should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vttk_mig69 View Post
    just after i bought my 02 WRX they just plugged it in ant that was it. but with my last car a 97 cavaleir with a CAI, Wisconsin does require a closed air filter box. as far as i know with the subaru's and newer (computer cars) they just plug them in and if ur not throughing any engine codes at all u should be fine.

Yea, thats what i thought too. My mom had a visual inspec. done on her 99 windstar last time she took it in but it has like 180k on it. I only have 82k. Bottom line, I think I will be alright. I just wanted to see what/if anybody else knew.

Thanks

No problem, when i had my CIA on my cavalier i had to do emissions i stoped at Home Depot and switched it out with the stock air box got done with the test went back to Home Depot and put my cia back on.

I am contemplating installing a catted DP an going stage 2 on my 2012 STI. Will I have a problem passing emissions testing? I am a military member that lives out of state too, so I not sure if they would tag me for a test. Any help would be graciously appreciated!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!