Chicago Burbs Rollcall - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Chicago Burbs Rollcall within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Your right...

Your right

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2002/3 Black WRX In Lombard

Passed a 2002/3 Black WRX going North on Finley road in Lombard today at approximately 6 p.m. Gave me a nice "rock on" gesture as I waved his way. He also has a DC Shoe Company sticker on the rear window. Also, is there a local meetup spot for Subie's other than Schaumburg?

Hoffman Estates representin' Got an '04 Blue WRX...stock for now.

Nice. I work in Schaumburg, so if you see an UGM 07 tr cruising around... now you know! I just moved up to Lombard from Indiana. Are there any good twisties around here at all? I'm guessing i'll have to drive up to Wisky for those...

07 STi; Northside of Chicago

Supposedly from what I've heard a lot of WRX owners meet up in the parking lot of Pompei on Higgins in Schaumburg on Thursday nights at around 7:30 PM. I am yet to go but it's probably interesting.

I just bought my STi yesterday and wouldn't mind meeting fellow Subie/WRX owners.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxslickg View Post
    Supposedly from what I've heard a lot of WRX owners meet up in the parking lot of Pompei on Higgins in Schaumburg on Thursday nights at around 7:30 PM. I am yet to go but it's probably interesting.

Havnt been there yet.. but my buddy sd all guys are J*rks , if u got no upgraded turbo n FMIC, they look wierdo at you.... i wld bet d S**t out of those!!!
    wnybody wants to cruze holla n PM me.....
    we getting together n palning make a team w name VooDoo Squad...
    majority Subbies but also any IMPORT>.... pm me!!

I got 07 WRB TR.. and Almst completed STAGE 2 on it. tnx!

03 bugeye

03 bugeye orland park here

Wo0t Chicago here! i'm so happy to see so many WRX's and STi's around me! I'm getting a WRX soon! Where are the good meets?

Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    Wo0t Chicago here! i'm so happy to see so many WRX's and STi's around me! I'm getting a WRX soon! Where are the good meets?
    No the Shaumburg one.. many ppl w stock REX sd ppl are mean n jer*ks there ..... we making out own meetings n crusing !

Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
    No the Shaumburg one.. many ppl w stock REX sd ppl are mean n jer*ks there ..... we making out own meetings n crusing !
    "No the Shaumburg one.."?? really? I had a great experience there. Lucky me I sent you a PM btw.

Question for Chicagolanders

For those of you in our area running various exhaust mods (headers, downpipes, TBEs, etc.), are you catching any flak from the local authorities for exhaust noise levels? If so, what village(s) hassled you?

Follow-up questions for those with less than the original number of cats, are you having any problems passing our Chicago Metro area emissions tests via OBDII? Do they ever look at an obviously highly modded car and question their OBDII results and then do a visual or tailpipe gas test?

Anyone ever change their exhaust back to stock or to another system due to problems with the local authorities or the IL emissions test failure?

I have had no issues with cops and exhaust.
    And btw, have you guys shown up to the Thursday meets? It really isnt as bad as some think. There are some decent cars, but its a good place to meet people and most of the people I have met there are really cool.
    Hawk-Eye #009
    Dont let the SN fool you, my car is black.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.