Chicago Burbs Rollcall - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 522

This is a discussion on Chicago Burbs Rollcall within the North Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Passed a 2002/3 Black WRX going North on Finley road in Lombard today at approximately 6 p.m. Gave me a ...

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6

    2002/3 Black WRX In Lombard

    Passed a 2002/3 Black WRX going North on Finley road in Lombard today at approximately 6 p.m. Gave me a nice "rock on" gesture as I waved his way. He also has a DC Shoe Company sticker on the rear window. Also, is there a local meetup spot for Subie's other than Schaumburg?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #152
    Registered User wrxslickg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Posts
    37
    Hoffman Estates representin' Got an '04 Blue WRX...stock for now.

  4. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6
    Nice. I work in Schaumburg, so if you see an UGM 07 tr cruising around... now you know! I just moved up to Lombard from Indiana. Are there any good twisties around here at all? I'm guessing i'll have to drive up to Wisky for those...

  5. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3
    07 STi; Northside of Chicago

  6. #155
    Registered User wrxslickg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Posts
    37
    Supposedly from what I've heard a lot of WRX owners meet up in the parking lot of Pompei on Higgins in Schaumburg on Thursday nights at around 7:30 PM. I am yet to go but it's probably interesting.

  7. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3
    I just bought my STi yesterday and wouldn't mind meeting fellow Subie/WRX owners.

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxslickg View Post
    Supposedly from what I've heard a lot of WRX owners meet up in the parking lot of Pompei on Higgins in Schaumburg on Thursday nights at around 7:30 PM. I am yet to go but it's probably interesting.

  8. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Glenview, IL
    Posts
    127
    Havnt been there yet.. but my buddy sd all guys are J*rks , if u got no upgraded turbo n FMIC, they look wierdo at you.... i wld bet d S**t out of those!!!
    wnybody wants to cruze holla n PM me.....
    we getting together n palning make a team w name VooDoo Squad...
    majority Subbies but also any IMPORT>.... pm me!!

  9. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Glenview, IL
    Posts
    127
    I got 07 WRB TR.. and Almst completed STAGE 2 on it. tnx!

  10. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1

    03 bugeye

    03 bugeye orland park here

  11. #160
    Registered User Lbleiweiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Barrington, IL
    Posts
    794
    Wo0t Chicago here! i'm so happy to see so many WRX's and STi's around me! I'm getting a WRX soon! Where are the good meets?

  12. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Glenview, IL
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    Wo0t Chicago here! i'm so happy to see so many WRX's and STi's around me! I'm getting a WRX soon! Where are the good meets?
    No the Shaumburg one.. many ppl w stock REX sd ppl are mean n jer*ks there ..... we making out own meetings n crusing !
    ____________________________________________
    07 WRB
    Intrax LWRNSprings, Greddy FrntSB, SPT Intake, Invidia(catless) 3" Dpipe, Skunk2 CB 3", STI Tmic, AutoMeter Gauges, 8K McCuluch HiD Kit
    Subie - is the style of Life

  13. #162
    Registered User Lbleiweiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Barrington, IL
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
    No the Shaumburg one.. many ppl w stock REX sd ppl are mean n jer*ks there ..... we making out own meetings n crusing !
    "No the Shaumburg one.."?? really? I had a great experience there. Lucky me I sent you a PM btw.

  14. #163
    Registered User ZanShin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    14

    Question for Chicagolanders

    For those of you in our area running various exhaust mods (headers, downpipes, TBEs, etc.), are you catching any flak from the local authorities for exhaust noise levels? If so, what village(s) hassled you?

    Follow-up questions for those with less than the original number of cats, are you having any problems passing our Chicago Metro area emissions tests via OBDII? Do they ever look at an obviously highly modded car and question their OBDII results and then do a visual or tailpipe gas test?

    Anyone ever change their exhaust back to stock or to another system due to problems with the local authorities or the IL emissions test failure?

  15. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glenview IL
    Posts
    256
    I have had no issues with cops and exhaust.
    And btw, have you guys shown up to the Thursday meets? It really isnt as bad as some think. There are some decent cars, but its a good place to meet people and most of the people I have met there are really cool.
    Hawk-Eye #009
    Dont let the SN fool you, my car is black.

  16. #165
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
    Havnt been there yet.. but my buddy sd all guys are J*rks , if u got no upgraded turbo n FMIC, they look wierdo at you.... i wld bet d S**t out of those!!!
    wnybody wants to cruze holla n PM me.....
    we getting together n palning make a team w name VooDoo Squad...
    majority Subbies but also any IMPORT>.... pm me!!
    I'm sorry, but if your buddy said we're all jerks then he showed up thinking he knew something and didn't then got butthurt about it, worships rice, or did something stupid. If it was the last one then we've probably met as I would have been the one playing the role of the parent and telling them to cut whatever stupid crap they were doing out.

    The Thursday night meets are a great event, most people aren't even past stage II so I don't know what that chatter is about. There's lots of knowledge there and more often than not some of the great tuning minds in the subaru scene. You'll get to see everything from mild to wild cars. . . about the only thing that's not welcomed is stupidity and rice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZanShin View Post
    For those of you in our area running various exhaust mods (headers, downpipes, TBEs, etc.), are you catching any flak from the local authorities for exhaust noise levels? If so, what village(s) hassled you?

    Follow-up questions for those with less than the original number of cats, are you having any problems passing our Chicago Metro area emissions tests via OBDII? Do they ever look at an obviously highly modded car and question their OBDII results and then do a visual or tailpipe gas test?

    Anyone ever change their exhaust back to stock or to another system due to problems with the local authorities or the IL emissions test failure?

    Honestly, if you're modding plan for the fact you're going to get an exhaust ticket.

    Emissions via OBDII is just a scan, if you have a fix that doesn't just cover up the CEL you'll pass.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •