ClubWRX.net Gets a new look and a new homepage
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on ClubWRX.net Gets a new look and a new homepage within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dear ClubWRX.net Members, As you can see ClubWRX.net got a brand new look and a new homepage. The goal is ...

I Support ClubWRX

ClubWRX.net Gets a new look and a new homepage

Dear ClubWRX.net Members,

As you can see ClubWRX.net got a brand new look and a new homepage. The goal is to create a leaner and cleaner environment for our audience. The new site will be slightly more user friendly and information will be more visible, especially to those who are new to the site. Here's a summary of the changes that were made:

1. A new index page is made with the latest news and announcements. For those of you who don't like it you can just bookmark www.clubwrx.net/forums/forums.php and it will take you to the origional homepage.

2. A site navigation and search button is added to the left column so people can find the right information they need. THe old "Search" button has been highlighted in red to reduce some redudency of the posts.

3. A vertical banner has been added to replace the double banners that were on top, and a small banner is added to the bottom of the threads. Please visit our sponsors via the banner links from time to time or in through our marketplace

4. About ClubWRX.net has been updated.

5. A new webstore has been added: http://store.clubwrx.net. You can purchase the latest merchandise such as shirts, sweatshirts, license plate frames, and stickers through here.

These are some of the major changes and updates. The change was made overnight and there might still be some details that hasn't been addressed. If you see anything that is missing please send me a PM. There are some known fixes that I have yet to cover but send me a PM in case I missed something. Further changes such as more graphics and colors will be added to the site and improvements will be made throughout the next few weeks.

Some more changes are being implemented as we speak. I hope everyone enjoys the new look from ClubWRX. It might take some time to get used to but after a little while you'll feel that the site is very refreshing and you'll notice the increase in loading time for all the pages.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by BlazinWRX; 05-04-2007 at 03:09 AM.
    Tim
    Admin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the new look, just miss the classic blue background

also I see that now we have the 08 wrx at the top of the screen
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I Support ClubWRX
    Weasel555 made the same comment last week when we were testing the site but now he's really used to it. I think it'll take a bit of time to get used to this BUT at the same time we're going to try and get some new colors in the table headers.
    Tim
    Admin

yea a think a "splash" of color would help my transition

did you get all the server problems figured out, I know I haven't had any problems since the last big event on here
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX View Post
    Dear ClubWRX.net Members,

As you can see ClubWRX.net got a brand new look and a new homepage. The goal is to create a leaner and cleaner environment for our audience. The new site will be slightly more user friendly and information will be more visible, especially to those who are new to the site. Here's a summary of the changes that were made:
    i don't know what you mean by that leaner and cleaner, there are more ads and the site does not ft on a 1024x768 screen anymore.

1. A new index page is made with the latest news and announcements. For those of you who don't like it you can just bookmark www.clubwrx.net/forums/forums.php and it will take you to the origional homepage.
    +1 for not wanting to read it, and updating my homepage to your "old" forum homepage. change has already been made.

2. A site navigation and search button is added to the left column so people can find the right information they need. THe old "Search" button has been highlighted in red to reduce some redudency of the posts.
    this will not reduce the redundancy by that much. you are talking about people and the internet. the information is always out there if you take the time to look hard enough. people are lazy and tend to get frustrated fast when they have to read so many posts just to find the one snippet of info they were looking for. that is not the sites fault and shouldn't have been corrected. you already had site navigation in the banner buttons.

5. A new webstore has been added: http://store.clubwrx.net. You can purchase the latest merchandise such as shirts, sweatshirts, license plate frames, and stickers through here.
    the whole forum looks like a web store. imo, only the pages related to buying stuff should look that way.

These are some of the major changes and updates. The change was made overnight and there might still be some details that hasn't been addressed. If you see anything that is missing please send me a PM. There are some known fixes that I have yet to cover but send me a PM in case I missed something. Further changes such as more graphics and colors will be added to the site and improvements will be made throughout the next few weeks.

Some more changes are being implemented as we speak. I hope everyone enjoys the new look from ClubWRX. It might take some time to get used to but after a little while you'll feel that the site is very refreshing and you'll notice the increase in loading time for all the pages.

Enjoy!
    faster page loading is the only good thing i can see coming of this.

now, i am usually the first person to want a change, or to mix things things up a little, but i honestly just don't like it. i am likely to visit less, simply based on the fact that it is no longer possible to view the site without using my slider bar to move to the right. that may sound simple, meaningless, or whatever to you guys, but the fact is that you decreased my ease of use, instead of improving it. the nav box on the left is pointless and made room for more adds, making me see those first instead of the forum. why not load them on the right? that way people can see the whole forum by default.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    can you give me a screenshot of the site on your laptop? The design is made to fit a 1024 screen.

Also, some minor color changes (blue title bar) have been made but we'll do the rest of it throughout the week.

Internet users who are lazy is one thing, but keep in mind that a majority of the web users are still not used to being on a forum and they really don't have an idea of how the site works. It's easy to shift the navigation and the banners on the right but let's just keep it for a couple of days and see what happens. I'll also try to get some feedback from other members, preferably people who have just started using the forum. The site looking like a webstore isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO, it'll steer the people who are new to forums a direction to start.

The fact is that we cannot suit everyone's needs. I can take criticism that are constructive because improvements can be made from it. But do keep in mind that the redesign of the new layout took a long time and tradeoffs were made based on hours of discussions and tons of research and analysis.
    Tim
    Admin

can you give me a screenshot of the site on your laptop? The design is made to fit a 1024 screen.

Also, some minor color changes (blue title bar) have been made but we'll do the rest of it throughout the week.

Internet users who are lazy is one thing, but keep in mind that a majority of the web users are still not used to being on a forum and they really don't have an idea of how the site works. It's easy to shift the navigation and the banners on the right but let's just keep it for a couple of days and see what happens. I'll also try to get some feedback from other members, preferably people who have just started using the forum. The site looking like a webstore isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO, it'll steer the people who are new to forums a direction to start.

The fact is that we cannot suit everyone's needs. I can take criticism that are constructive because improvements can be made from it. But do keep in mind that the redesign of the new layout took a long time and tradeoffs were made based on hours of discussions and tons of research and analysis.
    i was viewing the site on my home pc, not a laptop. i will take a screen shot when i get home from work for you, tho.

i hear you on all of your points. i know you can't please everyone. i was just giving my feedback. not all feedback has be constructive. sometimes it is nice to just know a reaction or general opinion. constructive would be to hear both postive and negative feedback. i am sure the hours of discussion that took place devoted some attention to speculating on reactions of the forum users. getting to hear from as many users as possible confirms or defeats the ideas you had and helps you plan for the next upgrade.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I like it, except for the white background. I would really like to go back to our light blue background. It's very easy on the eyes. Overall very clean layout.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

here is a screen shot on my work pc. i run 1280x1024 here. it looks proportionally better this way. is this ad banner supposed to be over on the left? it would be cleaner and leaner to put it over the other one
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by rex.effect; 05-04-2007 at 04:53 AM.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

going to take some time getting use to... as of right now i don't care for it... but that's my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    i don't know what you mean by that leaner and cleaner, there are more ads and the site does not ft on a 1024x768 screen anymore.
    Yes, the screen doesn't fit perfectly on my screen and it is set for 1024x768.
    Looks are everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Yes, the screen doesn't fit perfectly on my screen and it is set for 1024x768.
    i have my screen set to 1280x1024 anyways... i was like why are they complaining! lol nm

I Support ClubWRX
    Beauty! Looks great, IMHO. Could use a BIT of color, but otherwise, very nice!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

can someone point me in the direction of the NEW POST tab.i only clicked on that never any other category.no more maic area?i think im blind but i know i dont like he change.
    Last edited by 05wrx4U2nv; 05-04-2007 at 05:38 AM.
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    can someone point me in the direction of the NEW POST tab..
    +100

Wow, the site may be faster, but it sure is cluttered!!!! Hopefully I'll get used to it soon.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast