ClubWRX.net Gets a new look and a new homepage - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on ClubWRX.net Gets a new look and a new homepage within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the "today's posts" link is under the "menu" button at the top and +1 for taking some time to get ...

the "today's posts" link is under the "menu" button at the top and +1 for taking some time to get used too.

nick_a
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1 for bringing back the blue background. All this bright white hurts my eyes.
    04' WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
    +1 for bringing back the blue background. All this bright white hurts my eyes.
    +2 the blue, while it might have been "old" was so easy to deal with. The screen doesnt fit on my screen either and I have to scroll right. The adds are all over the place in stead of lined up.

I think yesterday was fine with it being reorganized and what not...today is a trainwreck. IMHO.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    +2 the blue, while it might have been "old" was so easy to deal with. The screen doesnt fit on my screen either and I have to scroll right. The adds are all over the place in stead of lined up.

I think yesterday was fine with it being reorganized and what not...today is a trainwreck. IMHO.
    +1

but hey i don't have any say/pull in this situation!

I Support ClubWRX
    The color is my primary concern. This site is now VERY, VERY BRIGHT. I spend way too much time here while at work, and now I'm afraid I won't be able to see when I leave.

My 2nd concern is the "Site Navigation" menu on the left. I'm using a 19" viewable screen and the forum feels cramped because of the open space on the left. 15-20% of my screen just got wasted!!

I only have 1 other complaint. While navigating the site, if you click the ClubWRX forum link - in the "site location flow chart"(upper left) It takes you to the intro home page instead of the main forum screen.

Overall it's not bad, but a couple of little tweeks would make all the difference.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

+1 on the white being a little bright.

I know this has come up before, but I'm really not a fan of the left sidebar, especially with the ads. I must agree that things really feel more "cluttered" and I personally think it's because of the ads. I've always thought that the navigation stuff works fine at the top or the bottom, and just feel that it "doesn't fit" very well in a sidebar (right or left) causing the "shift" of everything one way or the other.

I know there are things to get used to, and I'm sure I will. I will admit though I rather miss the "clean" full message space (lack of sidebars/ads).

Banned
    I like club WrX for its usablity and information. I like chnge its a good thing

Guys all of your concerns will be addressed. Please keep leaving us feedback!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Banned
    I lost my trophey and the arcade does not have a link here

the new looks is ok... a little bright.

my biggest thing is that i dont have the 1 click shortcut for new posts. not big on the pull down menu to try to get to it, but that is me being lazy probably
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    the new looks is ok... a little bright.

my biggest thing is that i dont have the 1 click shortcut for new posts. not big on the pull down menu to try to get to it, but that is me being lazy probably
    You'll get used to it. Ive been using that new function for a while now and its 2nd nature now.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    here is a screen shot on my work pc. i run 1280x1024 here. it looks proportionally better this way. is this ad banner supposed to be over on the left? it would be cleaner and leaner to put it over the other one

I'm not sure why the top banners still showed on your browser. The banners should of been removed last night when the changes were being made, and when I used IE to view the site I got the banners too for some reason. Anyhow, the top banners have been removed. Ongoing changes are being made.
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    There is also an image resizing tool that should be working right now but for some reason it's not active. I'll try to fix it later on this afternoon. Basically it will resize the image so the site doesn't get stretched out, and you'll have the option to expand the image to its full size.
    Tim
    Admin

Is the supporting member coming back under my s/n?! jw

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^ He's right...I hadn't noticed that those are missing. Must have to be set up in the skin/template.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.