Subaru WRX Forum banner

Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX

24K views 181 replies 62 participants last post by  20WRX04 
#1 ·
#12 ·
i dunno

#13 · (Edited)
The 2008 WRX loses its uniqueness in terms of exterior design. I guess Subaru ran out of ideas. After all... they've spent years in just replacing its face and I think they should've just stayed there and not touch the rest of the body.

I had high expectations from Subaru. The only thing I'll miss is the sound it produces once opened up with a nice TBE.

#16 ·
eh. it is ok. maybe it will look better in person. i do really like the interior..notice the red gauges. Dual exhaust is pretty nice feature too although it will make cat back exhausts more expensive...like the LGT

most of us thought the same of the 2006 styling and it grew on me and i do like it now..i still prefer the bugeye styling.

i dont like that they went away from the red brakes.

#20 ·
I like em. I'll buy one if the price is right. I love the interior, the exterior to me looks alot like the mazda speed 3's. But i also like the mazda 3's. The one thing i don't see on the wagon though is roof rails. Is there going to be roof attachments for it? Ski rack? that was one of my main reasons for wanting a wagon, along with the hatch for dog/gear. I dig the new hood scoop too.

#23 ·
saw them both in person yesterday at the NYCAutoshow... let me just tell you guys, dont worry! they both look good up close and (IMHO) much better than the hawkeyes. I dont like the hatch as much as I like my bugeye wagon, but I think the sedan is the best looking rex yet (once you get rid of that dopey wing :thumbup: ) Trust me, It'll grow on you.

#25 · (Edited)
I dont think it looks as nice as any of the previous wrx's IMHO.
The hatch is better looking than the sedan but like everyone already said it looks like a Mazda.
The sedan looks like a ford focus, especially in the rear. Also no fender flares and dual exhaust to make catbacks more expensive. They just made the cars look more mainstream now and it will attract a more broad age range which will be good for sales.
Personally, I am not impressed with the looks. Nothing about the new style attracts me to it, this 06 will probably be my last wrx.

#26 ·
Don't worry, cause they change the look every 2 yrs, so I just hope they come out with a nice design when I decide to buy again in about 4 or 5 yrs. :thumbup:

#30 ·
I just got back from the auto show in NYC. And the 08 wrx looks better in person then in pictures... I think every other year wrx looks better then the 08 but I'll give it time to grow on me. I was talking to one of the Subaru people there about the 08 sti, and he told me that it "will" (he heard rumors) be the wagon wrx with fender flares and then a chick with a nice ass walked by and I zoned out for a bit. I asked them to open the hood up but they said they weren't permited to.
Also the 08 wrx sedan they had out was automatic. It made me laugh.

#32 · (Edited)
i'm going to the car show on friday, can't wait to see it.

i want to know more about the tranny...has it been improved!????
they should make a wrx spec-b for 2k-3k more with 4pots, 6mt, and summer tires, for around 27k-28k i'd be all over it.

edit:juicy booty FTW

#33 · (Edited)
i want to know more about the tranny...has it been improved!????
I don't wanna burst your bubble but, when it came down to questions about under the hood, all they gave was very general answer. I tried asking about specific parts in the car (one of such was an uppipe) and they were looking at me like I had 3 eyes. But I got to say they tried... They gave me an answer about the hp and tq, and then I'd ask a diffrent question and then rephrase the hp and tq. It was kinda entertaining seeing how many ways they can repeat the same peice of information.

edit:juicy booty FTW
:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.