Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by STiDood I've read this entire thread and not one of you addressed the upcoming Evo....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiDood View Post
    I've read this entire thread and not one of you addressed the upcoming Evo.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whoops! I thought this was the "Official Information on the 2008 Lancer Evolution" thread!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

And it's competition can't be discussed in this thread? Ok...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiDood View Post
    And it's competition can't be discussed in this thread? Ok...
    I "" at your ""...

I don't think anyone said it couldn't be discussed. However, this is the " Official 2008 Impreza WRX Information" thread and it's in the "News & Announcements" forum... It's not a comparison thread in the comparison forum. Additionally, don't take my previous post too seriously. I was just kidding around.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I've read this entire thread and not one of you addressed the upcoming Evo.
    It's addressed in dozens of threads floating about the forum, including in comparison to the MY08 WRX. This thread was intended to be an official information thread with regards to the new WRX. Perhaps we should have titled it such. Oh wait...

Don't have such a thin skin. People are just poking fun.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Just received this in the mail today...Automobile magazine trashes the WRX

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Haha,that article just about covers it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    +1

See my sig
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    +1

See my sig

Waaaaaahmulance anyone?

Oh... my... god.

That guy whines more than my two kids combined. The exhaust isn't prominent enough? Is he kidding? Maybe he'll like the fake dual exhaust on the sedan. Poser.

Nothing like reading an entire article of merciless *****ing. Nice writing skills. He even whines when he complements something. That makes for a great article. What a baby.

He contradicts himself so many times it made my head spin. He only likes funky cars, but he hates all of the awkward styling cues on the car? The new car is too homogenized but lacks the style of the other cars in the market? He does this over and over. Stretching for things to piss about are we?

How many of you said "Oh no, the finger indents are touching the horizontal body line!" when you saw the pictures? Who even talks like that? This guy is more like a cross between a high fashion clothes designer and Simon Cowell than a car guy. I wonder if he even drove the car. "This third side glass destroys any hope of haveing the body percieved as that of a true performance car." Um, it's not. It is a fun, cheap, economy hatch, not a Corvette. He admits that the new car is "superior in performance and comfort" but isn't funky enough for him. Nice priorities. He should check out the convertable VW new beetle, it's cute. This is not a car for fashion queens who are only interested in style. Never has been.

Sure, the car is boring. So what? Like the lauded GC Imprezas that the original STis were based on were so exiting and stylish? Bish please. The blobeyes were made to mellow the car out after everyone cried about how funny the '02s looked. And then everyone freaked when the Vageye's (I also like to call them pigsnouts) came out for being too wierd looking. It's the end of the world every time.

I've seen the '08s in person and they look good. I like the hatch shape. The back seat looked roomy. I didn't find my self asking if the grill was sagging or any of that bull crap. Like any stock car, they will look even better w/ aftermarket performance wheels, a small drop and some tint. Not to mention that the speculative pics we've seen of the new STI (like the one on the cover of R&T a couple of months ago) look down right sexy in my opinion.

This clown is blatantly just trying to make waves by writing a scathing article about the new body style of a legendary car. Pathetic. The end.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by T.J.; 09-02-2007 at 02:35 AM.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Oh... my... god.

That guy whines more than my two kids combined. The exhaust isn't prominent enough? Is he kidding? Maybe he'll like the fake dual exhaust on the sedan. Poser.

Nothing like reading an entire article of merciless *****ing. Nice writing skills. He even whines when he complements something. That makes for a great article. What a baby.

He contradicts himself so many times it made my head spin. He only likes funky cars, but he hates all of the awkward styling cues on the car? The new car is too homogenized but lacks the style of the other cars in the market? He does this over and over. Stretching for things to piss about are we?

How many of you said "Oh no, the finger indents are touching the horizontal body line!" when you saw the pictures? Who even talks like that? This guy is more like a cross between a high fashion clothes designer and Simon Cowell than a car guy. I wonder if he even drove the car. "This third side glass destroys any hope of haveing the body percieved as that of a true performance car." Um, it's not. It is a fun, cheap, economy hatch, not a Corvette. He admits that the new car is "superior in performance and comfort" but isn't funky enough for him. Nice priorities. He should check out the convertable VW new beetle, it's cute. This is not a car for fashion queens who are only interested in style. Never has been.

Sure, the car is boring. So what? Like the lauded GC Imprezas that the original STis were based on were so exiting and stylish? Bish please. The blobeyes were made to mellow the car out after everyone cried about how funny the '02s looked. And then everyone freaked when the Vageye's (I also like to call them pigsnouts) came out for being too wierd looking. It's the end of the world every time.

I've seen the '08s in person and they look good. I like the hatch shape. The back seat looked roomy. I didn't find my self asking if the grill was sagging or any of that bull crap. Like any stock car, they will look even better w/ aftermarket performance wheels, a small drop and some tint. Not to mention that the speculative pics we've seen of the new STI (like the one on the cover of R&T a couple of months ago) look down right sexy in my opinion.

This clown is blatantly just trying to make waves by writing a scathing article about the new body style of a legendary car. Pathetic. The end.
    If he's not even a car guy, and he realizes how ugly it is... then I can see why us car guys on the forum are btching and moaning.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Seriously... How many times do you need to tell everyone that it's ugly and you don't like it?

Subaru is not going to stop production for you. You don't need to keep trying to convince everyone it's ugly/bad whatever.

You don't like it ...WE GET IT!
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    It's ugly and I don't like it.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It's ugly and I don't like it.
    I saw one at the stealership Wed.and i was not won over,I still don't like the hatch,the sedan is worse.I drooled over a Vageye 07 black STI.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Seriously... How many times do you need to tell everyone that it's ugly and you don't like it?

Subaru is not going to stop production for you. You don't need to keep trying to convince everyone it's ugly/bad whatever.

You don't like it ...WE GET IT!

It's still ugly
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.