Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; And now finally you can get a navigation unit in a WRX and to boot with a manual tranny. When ...

And now finally you can get a navigation unit in a WRX and to boot with a manual tranny. When Legacy GT came out, I wanted to get the 2006 model but they would not sell navigation with manual, only automatic. Ended up keeping my WRX. Looks like things are changing for the better.

Alex...
    Alex Performance Motorsports
    www.alexperformance.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    The base models are cheaper than in 2007. The prices are right on target.

The WRX w/ Premium package in 2005 was $27,xxx. Now add to that Sat and Navi and its $29,xxx. Seems about right to me.
    do we really need all the fancy stuff? subaru's platform was cut throat performance at a good price, now it's changing. when i first bought my rex, i drove around in it without a radio for over 1.5 years, simply to save money for upgraded parts, and also b/c i loved putting my windows down and hearing my old prodrive axel back.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeavenWRX View Post
    do we really need all the fancy stuff? subaru's platform was cut throat performance at a good price, now it's changing. when i first bought my rex, i drove around in it without a radio for over 1.5 years, simply to save money for upgraded parts, and also b/c i loved putting my windows down and hearing my old prodrive axel back.
    I think all the "extra" stuff is great to have as options. I also feel that Subaru should grace the WRX with a few suspension packages and maybe even a GOOD power package that keeps the warranty.

It would be lovely for them to offer a TRUE TR version (less thrills, less weight, better suspension, and more power) but I doubt that would happen as it would probaly be uber close to STI levels.

Having all the gadgets as an option is only going to increase their market. Not having them will only decrease the market. I dont race my car I drive it on the street. So all the gadgets that make that nicer the better for me and I assume others.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I think all the "extra" stuff is great to have as options. I also feel that Subaru should grace the WRX with a few suspension packages and maybe even a GOOD power package that keeps the warranty.

It would be lovely for them to offer a TRUE TR version (less thrills, less weight, better suspension, and more power) but I doubt that would happen as it would probaly be uber close to STI levels.

Having all the gadgets as an option is only going to increase their market. Not having them will only decrease the market. I dont race my car I drive it on the street. So all the gadgets that make that nicer the better for me and I assume others.

i know what you mean, but in the end it's all about the $$$!

Our 2008 Impreza models are scheduled to starting arriving aug 17th.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I Support ClubWRX
    I can see a Subaru dealership from my office window. I'll know when they arrive for sure.

Has anyone put an order in on one yet? Just curious.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I can see a Subaru dealership from my office window. I'll know when they arrive for sure.

Has anyone put an order in on one yet? Just curious.
    i can see one from my window as well (my office is actually across the street at our Pontiac/Jeep store.

We have 5 or 6 on order. 3 or 4 of them are due that same week. others are just saying end of august and dont have dates on them yet in the pipeline.

I Support ClubWRX
    Talk about a fanboi! He had to go get a job that's in site of a Subaru dealership..

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Talk about a fanboi! He had to go get a job that's in site of a Subaru dealership..

Wait...doesn't everyone do this?
    (but somehow the use of the word "site" for "sight" makes up for it)

tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait...doesn't everyone do this?
    (but somehow the use of the word "site" for "sight" makes up for it)

<=== 0wned!

I'm writing in tech-speak too much, these days.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

New Imprezas and WRXs are at the Oregon City dealership right now. I stopped by to pick up some parts for the Forester and noticed them as I was leaving. Very nice.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I drove a 2008 WRX last Friday at a dealer. I thought it was pretty good. The looks are not super and I would probably made changes if I were the designer but I think it will grow on me. It tracks really well - better than my 2003 WRX when it was bone stock and even with the really horrid 92"s (Boy talk about someone who should be fired - who keeps thinking the 92's are great tires). At any rate when the people at Cobb, TurboXS, Vishnu,etc get their go fast bits out I think it will still be a very nice car. My $0.02. JacksonWRX

I've read this entire thread and not one of you addressed the upcoming Evo. I've never been a Mitsubishi fan but it seems they've made changes accordingly. I would imagine this should put tremendous pressure on the upcoming STi. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I also had the opportunity to take a look at the 08' WRX. Sadly, it disappointed me even more so than the pictures.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiDood View Post
    I've read this entire thread and not one of you addressed the upcoming Evo.
    Thread title: Official information on the 2008 Impreza WRX. There are a number of other threads discussing the virtues of the upcoming Evo over STi. As always happens every year the new models role out
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Thread title: Official information on the 2008 Impreza WRX. There are a number of other threads discussing the virtues of the upcoming Evo over STi. As always happens every year the new models role out
    +1

thread wasnt meant to be about the evo. im sure there are tons of them though. the thing we have found out locally with the current models is the reliability factor. I have friends that have evos and not one of them has been trouble free and a couple have been major headaches.