Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; eh. it is ok. maybe it will look better in person. i do really like the interior..notice the red gauges. ...

eh. it is ok. maybe it will look better in person. i do really like the interior..notice the red gauges. Dual exhaust is pretty nice feature too although it will make cat back exhausts more expensive...like the LGT

most of us thought the same of the 2006 styling and it grew on me and i do like it now..i still prefer the bugeye styling.

i dont like that they went away from the red brakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The '08 looks terrible. It looks like a Kia with a hood scoop. I rather any of the other WRX styles, at least they were original.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

Sedan Picture

Click on Features, then Select Automatic Transmission.

That looks a lot better. Too bad that is the only one I see of the sedan. The Dealer in town assured me that a sedan was going to be available.

More Sedan Pictures.
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-subaru-impreza/

It's like the more pics I see of it, the more disappointed I get.
    2006 WRX TR (black)

I like em. I'll buy one if the price is right. I love the interior, the exterior to me looks alot like the mazda speed 3's. But i also like the mazda 3's. The one thing i don't see on the wagon though is roof rails. Is there going to be roof attachments for it? Ski rack? that was one of my main reasons for wanting a wagon, along with the hatch for dog/gear. I dig the new hood scoop too.

Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    It's like the more pics I see of it, the more disappointed I get.

+1
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

saw them both in person yesterday at the NYCAutoshow... let me just tell you guys, dont worry! they both look good up close and (IMHO) much better than the hawkeyes. I dont like the hatch as much as I like my bugeye wagon, but I think the sedan is the best looking rex yet (once you get rid of that dopey wing ) Trust me, It'll grow on you.
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I like them.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I dont think it looks as nice as any of the previous wrx's IMHO.
    The hatch is better looking than the sedan but like everyone already said it looks like a Mazda.
    The sedan looks like a ford focus, especially in the rear. Also no fender flares and dual exhaust to make catbacks more expensive. They just made the cars look more mainstream now and it will attract a more broad age range which will be good for sales.
    Personally, I am not impressed with the looks. Nothing about the new style attracts me to it, this 06 will probably be my last wrx.
    Last edited by Red06wrx; 04-07-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Hawk-Eye #009
    Dont let the SN fool you, my car is black.

Quote Originally Posted by Red06wrx View Post
    I dont think it looks as nice as any of the previous wrx's IMHO.
    The hatch is better looking than the sedan but like everyone already said it looks like a Mazda.
    The sedan looks like a ford focus, especially in the rear. Also no fender flares and dual exhaust to make catbacks more expensive. They just made the cars look more mainstream now and it will attract a more broad age range which will be good for sales.
    Personally, I am not impressed with the looks. Nothing about the new style attracts me to it, this 06 will probably be my last wrx.
    Don't worry, cause they change the look every 2 yrs, so I just hope they come out with a nice design when I decide to buy again in about 4 or 5 yrs.
    2006 WRX TR (black)

Thumbs down

SOOOOO UGLY

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    Don't worry, cause they change the look every 2 yrs, so I just hope they come out with a nice design when I decide to buy again in about 4 or 5 yrs.
    From their sequence of changes throughout the years, I don't think they'll redesign the the whole body as they normally change the face every 2 years.

I am still hoping that the 2008 STI will make up the disappointments of the sedan and hatch.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 04-08-2007 at 12:33 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    From their sequence of changes throughout the years, I don't think they'll redesign the the whole body as they normally change the face every 2 years.

I am still hoping that the 2008 STI will make up the disappointments of the sedan and hatch.
    Unless they put on 18's, a different grill and a 7" navi screen on the STI, I don't see it being that much better looking. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    2006 WRX TR (black)

I just got back from the auto show in NYC. And the 08 wrx looks better in person then in pictures... I think every other year wrx looks better then the 08 but I'll give it time to grow on me. I was talking to one of the Subaru people there about the 08 sti, and he told me that it "will" (he heard rumors) be the wagon wrx with fender flares and then a chick with a nice ass walked by and I zoned out for a bit. I asked them to open the hood up but they said they weren't permited to.
    Also the 08 wrx sedan they had out was automatic. It made me laugh.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #181