Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Official Information on the 2008 Impreza WRX within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TheJ Quaife? Nope...nothing to do with differentials. It's something "dropped"...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Quaife?
    Nope...nothing to do with differentials. It's something "dropped"
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A buddy and I took the new WRX hatch for a spin this weekend.

I'm not sure where my senses are these days as all I can say is WOW.

I was very impressed. This car is a definite step up from the previous modesl. Rides incredibly well, and IMHO, nowhere near the body roll as the previous years. Interior is much more refined, and the cabin is incredibly quiet. Torque comes on much earlier but did seem to loose steam a bit earlier too. Steering actuation and feedback were incredible...you can really tell the difference with the new STi ratio in the WRX.

I'm still a bit torn on the design as it seems the engineers were a bit undecided on some of the lines, especially the side character line that just fades away at the front, and then there is the dissapearing grill surround on the front...is just sort of slides into the top of the bumper. The monochrome front grill definitely looks better than the chrome.

The tails are the teh suck, but a quick oven bake and some flatblack or shiny black paint would cure that, so no biggee.

The definite color to have will be that dark metallic gray...straight off the Legacy Spec B. Absolutely gorgeous.

Shifter feels just like the stock Legacy imho. A shortshifter and bushings will easily take care of the bit of notchiness and long throws.

Lots of room under the hood too, with the lower mounted engine. There is enormoous space around the Turbo and DP now. I noticed the TMIC still has the mounts on it for the LGT engine cover, but it might not fit as the intake appears to be higher or perhaps the tmic is lower than in the LGT.

Rims look heavy. I felt around the back of the spokes and they are barely hollwed out. I'm betting around 20 lbs a piece.

Overall....it is a better car imho. Is it worth the comparatively huge jump in price (fully loaded hatch we saw was 30K and some change)...well...only the sales records will be able to tell.

Didn't drive the sedan as we figured the hatch would be the performer of the two. Again though...I was very impressed with the ride, the cornering capability, the steering, and the earlier onset of torque. It felt like on a back to back run at a road track, I would be able to pull better times with the new model mainly becuasue it felt like it would be easier to control at 10/10ths.

To all the haters....just drive one. This car is definitely aimed at a different domographic and imho...will be a great sleeper.

Now...c'mon subaru...give us the diesel!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Overall....it is a better car imho. Is it worth the comparatively huge jump in price (fully loaded hatch we saw was 30K and some
    Thank Scott! I really appreciate the thoughtful indepth review...

Good stuff.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Nope...nothing to do with differentials. It's something "dropped"
    Doesn't Qaife make an quality LSD?Sometimes my references are too obscure for even me...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Doesn't Qaife make an quality LSD?Sometimes my references are too obscure for even me...
    yes, they make a great LSD.

SOA says the VDC on the cars is doing the work of an LSD so that is why they dropped it.

im glad im not the only one that seems to like the new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I Support ClubWRX

Great news. Did either of you happen to sit in the back seat?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    ive been in the back of my outback sport and there is a good amount of room back there. my wife sat back there for a few hours on our trip from TN to PA last week and said she had plenty of room and the seat was comfortable.

an outback has a big advantage there if you are concerned about it being tight. nothing wrong with an OBXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I popped into it, but didn't ride in it while moving. However, I made sure to look at the leg room while the salesman was in the back. With a driver who is 5'11" and the salesman being about 5'10", he appeared to have plenty of room. It looked like he was sitting normal (behind the driver) and still had about 2-3 inches between his knees and the back of the driver's seat.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    ...sometimes I'm so dense...ok...I get it
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    ive been in the back of my outback sport and there is a good amount of room back there.
    With a driver who is 5'11" and the salesman being about 5'10", he appeared to have plenty of room. It looked like he was sitting normal (behind the driver) and still had about 2-3 inches between his knees and the back of the driver's seat.

That's good news and it will help Subaru sell non-turbo as well as turbo cars, especially in markets where the Impreza will be the primary transport for a family.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

my outback sport is a great vehicle. i decided to go the non turbo route for this vehicle. even though i will end up with another turbo down the road (maybe a GC for a project vehicle) this is a wonderful car. it is incredible how much nicer even just the interior is over the previous Impreza models.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    my outback sport is a great vehicle. i decided to go the non turbo route for this vehicle. even though i will end up with another turbo down the road (maybe a GC for a project vehicle) this is a wonderful car. it is incredible how much nicer even just the interior is over the previous Impreza models.
    The interior and just the overall feel of the car are just plain way above the normal expectations for a "subaru". I was waaay impressed. I actually like these interiors over the 05 Legacy I had.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Anyone know if the STI will have LSDs or at least a rear? Any control of slippage by a VDC-type system I would think would cut power and be a liability in a drving performance situation or even in an emergency situation. This is what happens with Minis not equiped with LSDs. This is why mine has a LSD!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroXT View Post
    Anyone know if the STI will have LSDs or at least a rear? Any control of slippage by a VDC-type system I would think would cut power and be a liability in a drving performance situation or even in an emergency situation. This is what happens with Minis not equiped with LSDs. This is why mine has a LSD!
    no clue as of yet, but I would assume that the STi will still have LSDs. The WRX has been comprimised by people wanting a good commuter car... but the STi has never been designed, or advertised as a commuter car.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2008 Sti

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    no clue as of yet, but I would assume that the STi will still have LSDs. The WRX has been comprimised by people wanting a good commuter car... but the STi has never been designed,advertised as a commuter car.
    Something for you all to look at, http://www.zercustoms.com/photos/200...-Revealed.html and http://www.cardriver.ru/Subaru/folks/13872 <