Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Already have an 02 bugeye and an 04 Sti. When the time comes I will buy another Subie....

Already have an 02 bugeye and an 04 Sti. When the time comes I will buy another Subie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Yeah looks like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Self own3d
    You have very valid points I admit. These are driver's cars but they are not "fast" in the sense we use today, certainly not even compared to a turbo Impreza. They turn well, they are light and easy on their brakes, and they have great steering feel. They're really hot hatches (except the Lotus; still, that uses a hot hatch motor).

I just like the hot hatch concept. These cars have done so much for motorsport and motoring in general (trickle down technology IMO works far better than trickle down economics; a modern Golf handles and turns the way it does at least in part because of the older GTI models).

Back on topic, I enjoy my Impreza but it is no longer a bargain in the market IMO. Other cars are combining dynamics with better finish.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah thats what I meant. I mean theres no super high performance car like a Porsche, or Ferrari level of car thats FWD.
    I'm with you. Truly fast cars are usually R- or AWD and for good reason. Anybody remember the front-drive family sedan with a Ferrari V8? Never seen one in real life but it did exist, and was apparently un-steerable and un-turnable -- Lancia Thema 8.32?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Anybody remember the front-drive family sedan with a Ferrari V8? Never seen one in real life but it did exist, and was apparently un-steerable and un-turnable -- Lancia Thema 8.32?

I've heard about those before. You have to give them credit uniqueness I guess. Its a shame they didn't make it more interesting looking to give away that it was anything more than family hauler.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    You have to give them credit uniqueness I guess.
    Yes. It's credit I also give Subaru despite my complaints. They are different cars. They used to be for different people; now in the US they are more mass-market. I don't know if I like that. I guess changes in image come with popularity.

I hope the new Impreza does well. I welcome the hatch if it arrives too. I just really think they need to fix the interior, the paint, and the dealer attitudes.

well I'm not going to get rid of my 02...I plan on putting several hundred thousand miles on it, motor swaps...whatever it takes. I'm pretty old-school when it comes to buying cars. I buy one and I drive it until its no longer drivable....none of this new car every 2-3 years crap.

that said, one of the reasons I got the subaru was because they will last 10+ years and they're performance cars.

As long as Subaru keeps making cars that aren't dispoable I'd buy another one.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I would deff buy another Subaru... assuming that when I do look for a new car I am in the same price range.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Yes. It's credit I also give Subaru despite my complaints. They are different cars. They used to be for different people; now in the US they are more mass-market. I don't know if I like that. I guess changes in image come with popularity.

I hope the new Impreza does well. I welcome the hatch if it arrives too. I just really think they need to fix the interior, the paint, and the dealer attitudes.
    I think dealer attitudes are a recent thing. When I bought my WRX in 01, the dealer was great. They even offered to help me put some mods on the car...now when I go back they're just so defensive. Every other word out of their mouths is to cover their ass. I guess too many spoiled rich kids trashing their cars and then coming back and complaining.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    My dealer was great when I bought the car too. However, I don't think they were at all prepared to actually sell as many cars as they did, and scaling up didn't exactly go smoothly. As a result, they became impersonal and, as you say also, defensive.

I can't see myself getting rid of my Bugeye unless I find a nice yellow one. I've had mine for less than 6 months and the honeymoon is not over. This winter I aim to finish the few engine and suspension mods I want. If there is enough money, I will do a complete strip and repaint. The close-ratio tranny gears, LSDs and Forester diff gears (4.11:1) will probably have to wait for another year.

I have been enjoying this car as much as, or more than, my other performance cars. Most of my performance cars have been 10-15 years old when I bought them and I had to do lots of rebuilding and maintenance on them. Some I've built outright. I don't have the complaints some of you have about paint and interior quality. This is the newest car I've ever owned. I do think they are overvalued on the used market, but I intend to take advantage of that in the future.

One of the complaints I see voiced in this thread is the "cheap" interior. One thing to remember is that amenities like leather heated seats, electronics packages, and other things luxury cars have add weight. The WRX is not a luxury car, it is a performance car, and weight is the enemy. In fact, there are a few things Subaru could have left out for weight savings, such as the grab handles on the headliner, IMO. My 46,000+ mile WRX has a few rattles, but nothing I haven't experienced in other cars with similar mileage. Not bad overall.

Will I buy another? Absolutely! New? Probably not for a long time. I would like to do an 01 or earlier 2-door RS STi conversion as well as a Forester. Plus, the 06 STi is one of the best looking cars ever and I will have one some day! However, I will probably buy wrecked ones so I can afford to do my projects. I will be selling the occasional project to finance other projects, such as an AWD New Beetle and a V8 Focus.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin
    I can't see myself getting rid of my Bugeye unless I find a nice yellow one. I've had mine for less than 6 months and the honeymoon is not over.
    my honey moon was over 2 months after i bough it. i hated it. i hate it less now. i tried to trade it in 3 times before i finally settled with it.

[QUOTE=GraysonSubaru]
    Quote Originally Posted by cierex
    I did not really experience this. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our summers and winters are major extremes of eachother. I average about 32+ MPG in both seasons. I had the same mentallity as you did, I thought that I would get better MPGs during winter but I actually got better MPGs during summer, and that perplexed me.
    QUOTE]

32 isn't what is hybrid is for... i thought anyway.

the base 4 cylin gas model gets 24/34. despite less power, i thought hybrids were bought to be "earth friendly". I am not bashing, just trying to understand why 32 mpg is considered good in a hybrid.
    The point is that (if I remember right) the car is pumping around 280 hp and still getting 32 mpg...what kind of mpg does 280hp pure gas burning engine get?
    Electric motors can also produce massive torque starting at its minimum speed...no need to wait till 3500rpm...

[QUOTE=SubeN'Siren]
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    Electric motors can also produce massive torque starting at its minimum speed...no need to wait till 3500rpm...
    So do small block chevy's
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I just like the hot hatch concept. These cars have done so much for motorsport and motoring in general (trickle down technology IMO works far better than trickle down economics; a modern Golf handles and turns the way it does at least in part because of the older GTI models).
    where have you been all my life.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by egsmachine
    my honey moon was over 2 months after i bough it. i hated it. i hate it less now. i tried to trade it in 3 times before i finally settled with it.
    I bought my first bugeye over 4 years ago. Honeymoon's still going strong. If you get bored, mod it. It keeps things fresh, and the platform responds nicely to easy mods.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon