Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 8

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sublight My next car might just be a chevrolet cobalt ss supercharged. The prices have come down ...

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by sublight
    My next car might just be a chevrolet cobalt ss supercharged. The prices have come down substantially. Doesn't have the AWD, but handles well, especially on well paved roads. I like the supercharged engine, no lag. I have concerns about GM cars, but paint is usually good & windshields are sturdy.
    Well, it will look nice, and have some power, but have you ever driven a front-wheel drive car with high horsepower??? Torque-steer, ugh.....

I will never buy a front wheel drive performance car....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx420
    is350 is not an improvement vs. a wrx, imo...
    The acceleration might not be, but the interior comfort sure will be!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sliderbahn

I will never buy a front wheel drive performance car....
    +1

Front wheel drive only belongs on cheap low power economy cars. I mean think about it is there any good car I mean really good car thats front wheel drive?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Actually thinking about a Magnum SRT-8. Having driven both it and the R/T...the 6.1 is quite nice. Depends on what kind of driving I'm doing when I am ready to buy (I tend to move alot). I like the WRX, but there are some aggravations. Wish they would build an STi wagon! At the end of the day, fast is fast, but I kinda miss V8s. Time will tell...

OK for utility

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    +1

Front wheel drive only belongs on cheap low power economy cars. I mean think about it is there any good car I mean really good car thats front wheel drive?
    Well, I actually think the VW golf is a fine FW drive car, for example as a second car for general utility like running errands or commuting. FW drive is ok for cars that will never need to drive fast or have a lot of power.

But to enjoy going fast, and accelerate well, RWD or AWD is what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliderbahn
    Well, I actually think the VW golf is a fine FW drive car, for example as a second car for general utility like running errands or commuting. FW drive is ok for cars that will never need to drive fast or have a lot of power.

But to enjoy going fast, and accelerate well, RWD or AWD is what is needed.
    Yeah thats what I meant. I mean theres no super high performance car like a Porsche, or Ferrari level of car thats FWD.
    FORZA FERRARI

you don't even need a high hp car to feel torque-steering, i feel it in a 90's civic...no mods...barely feel it, but it's there...

moving to a rented maxima i had, man you could feel it BAD too!

one thing i will never purchase...FWD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    +1

Lotus Elan, Renault Clio Williams, VW Golf GTI, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Peugeot 205 Rallye, Citroen Saxo VTS were all apparently drivers cars. I've not driven the Elan, Willie, or Saxo but the 106 is definitely a really good chassis.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I voted no.

Mostly cuz of the super crappy paint.

Second is because SOA's apparent disregard for their "warranties".

Third is my car will NEVER go into reverse.

Unlike most, I have no qualms with the interior or most of the rest of the car. Car seems a bit rough around the edges, but I just keep in mind that it's not a luxury car. Bang for the buck, you can't beat the WRX, so in that case I'm satisfied, but my paint looks like hell, and I'm OCD with that stuff so I couldn't tolerate that with another Subaru. I'm a huge WRC fan so this is a dream car for me, but I think my next car would be an IS350... unless, I have no warranty issues with my WRX for the next 3 years, then I will give Subaru another chance...maybe.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Slide

Also if you look on the lowest part of the door trim, where it angles inward the paint is all bumpy not at all smooth, as if they painted over a rusted surface.

I think that's special chip resistant coating down there. Most manufacturers use the same process.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Lotus Elan, Renault Clio Williams, VW Golf GTI, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Peugeot 205 Rallye, Citroen Saxo VTS were all apparently drivers cars. I've not driven the Elan, Willie, or Saxo but the 106 is definitely a really good chassis.
    Yeah looks like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Self own3d
    FORZA FERRARI

I would have to vote yes.. I really want an STi, but I am not digging the 06 frontend. So for now I will stick with the 03 bugeye..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

not going with another subie here...after this ones gone, I'm done.
    Probably going to go with something with a little more class.

Audi maybe??
    2005 Crystal Gray Metallic 2.5 RS Impreza - Stock and slow

2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX - SOLD
    APEXI Turbo Timer
    Stoptech Stage 2 Brakes
    Spec Clutch Stage 3 Clutch
    STI RA Gears - Blown
    SPT Short Shifter
    Continental ContiExtremeContacts

I have a newer subaru now, been very happy with it. Maybe in a few years when it is time to get a new car, I will probably go with another subaru, but it will also depend on what other cars are out there at that time.

I have looked at a second car, and I have looked at used subarus.

Currently my parents bought a subaru, and so did my girlfriend. Both have been very pleased with their purchases.
    2005 PSM WRX

1. keep the wrx (cause I love her).
    2. built 2.5l and 6mt swap (so I can still have fun every once in a while).
    3. buy a car that gets over 30mpg (maybe the xA).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.