Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As far as subaru's go, I have owned a 92 SVX LSL bought used, 1996 Outback Sport bought new, 2005 ...

As far as subaru's go, I have owned a 92 SVX LSL bought used, 1996 Outback Sport bought new, 2005 WRX bought new, 2005 LGT limited bought new and 2003 WRX bought used.

family has owned 3 or 4 Subaru's too, mostly bought about a year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Over the years I have bought 4 Subaru's. They were '98 &'99 LGT's,'00 2.5RS, and an '04 STi. I have been spoiled by the Subaru lineup. I will buy new in the future and I'm currently debating the idea of finding a used RS or WRX in the $10,000 range for a daily driver that I can beat on when I feel the need. The STi isn't driven very often even though it does get driven pretty hard while its out.

4. 05-05-2006, 11:17 AM

Reason
    altezza, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by wrx420
    is350 is not an improvement vs. a wrx, imo...
    if you're comparing acceleration runs on a best case scenario, then yeah they're pretty equal.

the only difference is, the IS350 can do the same consistent runs all day long, without breaking a sweat. you'll need a perfect launch everytime in the WRX, plus driving it like you stole it, and if your transmission and differentials go out, which they will, the cost of replacing them could've got you an IS 350 in the first place. the pimpass interior is just a plus.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

My next car might just be a chevrolet cobalt ss supercharged. The prices have come down substantially. Doesn't have the AWD, but handles well, especially on well paved roads. I like the supercharged engine, no lag. I have concerns about GM cars, but paint is usually good & windshields are sturdy.

I have a couple of years to go with my 2004 wrx......but i think like most people with a wrx...the next step is obvious. I'm planning on trading it in for an sti in 2009, i hope 2010 model is a good one.

I sold my WRX to my brother-in-law about a year and a half ago. I purchased a '95 6spd Toyota Supra TT to replace the speed factor and a Honda Accord Hybrid for the daily driving factor. With gas prices these days, I'm glad I purchased the Hybrid. Also, with gas prices approaching Race Gas prices, I'm starting to drive my Supra more. I loved my WRX, but after riding in a T88 Supra while at 91 octane (~600WHP @ 91), my 300WHP WRX did not feel the same anymore.
    "fools learn from their own mistakes, great men learn from other's mistakes..."

one of the downsides to the hybrid stuff is that it has been found that most of them do not get the claim MPG in hot weather for some reason. They will still get 30's but not that much better than a gas powered model in hot weather...

i havent read in depth about it to find out why they are like that...mostly because i dont sell or have a hybrid so it doesnt really affect me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    one of the downsides to the hybrid stuff is that it has been found that most of them do not get the claim MPG in hot weather for some reason. They will still get 30's but not that much better than a gas powered model in hot weather...

i havent read in depth about it to find out why they are like that...mostly because i dont sell or have a hybrid so it doesnt really affect me that much.
    Another downside is you are driving a hybrid.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I did not really experience this. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our summers and winters are major extremes of eachother. I average about 32+ MPG in both seasons. I had the same mentallity as you did, I thought that I would get better MPGs during winter but I actually got better MPGs during summer, and that perplexed me.

Another downside is you are driving a hybrid.
    Please explain. The only downside that I see is that the trunk space is smaller than average but larger than my WRX. How can I complain when I average ~450 miles in between tanks (14 gallons ) and still have 255HP on tap.
    "fools learn from their own mistakes, great men learn from other's mistakes..."

[QUOTE=cierex]I did not really experience this. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our summers and winters are major extremes of eachother. I average about 32+ MPG in both seasons. I had the same mentallity as you did, I thought that I would get better MPGs during winter but I actually got better MPGs during summer, and that perplexed me.
    QUOTE]

32 isn't what is hybrid is for... i thought anyway.

the base 4 cylin gas model gets 24/34. despite less power, i thought hybrids were bought to be "earth friendly". I am not bashing, just trying to understand why 32 mpg is considered good in a hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by cierex
    and still have 255HP on tap.
    What kind of hybrid do you have that has 255HP? Just curious really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sooby-Doo
    What kind of hybrid do you have that has 255HP? Just curious really.

Thanks

I think it is probably the accord hybrid...

Quote Originally Posted by cierex
    Please explain. The only downside that I see is that the trunk space is smaller than average but larger than my WRX. How can I complain when I average ~450 miles in between tanks (14 gallons ) and still have 255HP on tap.
    Just kidding hence the . Hybrids aren't my cup of tea, but really have nothing against them. I wonder if they would work for me as I tend to be heavy footed. Can you drain the batteries? What would happen if you did?
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I'll might buy another subaru, but only if they come out with a coupe... legacy or impreza coupe would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Sanchez
    I'm old enought to have purchased the first GTO (64) new. Since then, I've had all manner of high performance cars - big block corvette, 327-350HP Chev II, BMW M6. Mits Eclipse GSX - and like a lot of things about the Subaru. I also think the interior quality is pathetic - SOA should take a look at the VW GTI (I had one of those too) and learn. The STi has more rattles and squeaks than almost any bucket of bolts I've ever ridden in. Having said that, it is also the most balanced high performance car I've ever owned. It is almost impossible to outdrive the car in reasonable circumstances. I'd like to see what is in the offing for 2008 and then decide.

Jim
    Pathetic interior ??? !!! Wow, you got that right!

I enjoyed my 02 WRX wagon (Cobb VF34) a lot on the Autobahn in Germany, but I also got to chance to drive both the prior generation Golf, and the latest model with the sweet turbo-diesel engine. Of course on the Autobahn, my WRX would quickly leave them as small specks in the rearview mirror, but both the prior Golf and current Golf had absolutely excellent interiors that were elegant, functional, and had great tactile quality. I actually feel the interior was elegant and comfortable enough to be in an over $100,000 car. If I paid $100,000 for a car, and it had the VW Golf interior and climate control system, I would be highly satisfied. The control force and tactile feel of detents on the knobs and controls was excellent. Another nice thing about the interior of the Golf (and most German cars) is that it had superior sound insulation, making the cabin quiet and relaxing at 130mph. I have to say, the road noise at 130mph in a WRX becomes fatigueing on long road trips. It would be great if they had put in more sound insulation. (Yes, I cruised at 120-130mph for hours at a time; no overheating or turbo problems after 10,000 miles)

I eventually added additional sound insulation myself to the rear half of the car, which helped a lot.

In conclusion: If you want an elegant and comfortable interior, check out the VW Golf. If you want BMW M3 performance for a fraction of the price, mod your WRX. If you want M3 performance, AND an elegant interior - get an M3!