Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't think so to be honest, except maybe an L for a winter car. I'm rockin out in the ...

t
    I don't think so to be honest, except maybe an L for a winter car. I'm rockin out in the 528i for right now. Once i get smoked led tails, angel eye headlights and a nice set of rims and a mtech front bumper, I want to get a 540i and swap everything into it. The v8 motor in the 540i is pure sex, and will hold it's own against most cars on the road.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would I buy another Suby?

My suby is my first (04 Sti Aspen white). Its light years about my Mitsu Evo (I only kept it for 3 mos and 3k miles). The interior is not quite as nice as my Passat and Lexus, but performance wise, I can't think of any four door I would rather have to run my 4year old son around town. I wish the interior was nicer and navi was available, but when I spank the crap out of an Evo MR, I couldn't be more pleased with my daily driver. I still own an Acura Integra and Honda Civic to get my rev's. I wish this gas mileage was more reasonable, other than that I disagree with the other posts. My 01 VW was a piece of **** after 4 years and 55k miles. Yeah, quality is not on par with Acura or Lexus, but neither is the price. Besides where can you buy supercar performance for compact car price

I can't say right now...
    I love my bugeyes, and hate the new looks...seems like they keep getting uglier...
    The decision will be based on a couple things...how the car I have now performs (or doesn't) at 100k and beyond, and what replacing this or that (already done the clutch) ends up costing...
    At my current driving rate, that will be about 3 years from now...I hate to see what gas prices are at then...my last tank of gas cost me over $40... a new record for me
    I'm kinda wanting to see some of those "performance hybrid" concept vehicles make it to reality...
    Just imagine if you're awd wrx had the bottom end torque of an electric motor, coupled with a nice turbo'ed hydrocarbon burning powerplant...

mabey i will. i had a 04 wrx moded nicely. ive had my eye on the sti. i just cant justify spending 31k on it though. i love my m3 and thats the car im going to keep to weekend track toy. mabey when i have the need for another 4 dr then i will get one. the perfomance is nice.... i just cant stand the green/red light scheem in the interior.

i will say this. if they bring the sti spec c im down!

I'm not up for a new company car til 2008, but I'll see if the co will let me
    get an STI when the time comes. Got 80,000+ miles on the old company
    car (02 WRX) - it's sitting in my garage right now. Couldn't refuse the
    $2500 buyout from the company
    By the time 2008 rolls around, I'll be tired of the Ford I've got right now
    (and my license will have had enough time to "breathe"), so it'll be
    time for another rocket

Quote Originally Posted by AKESREX
    I'm not up for a new company car til 2008, but I'll see if the co will let me
    get an STI when the time comes. Got 80,000+ miles on the old company
    car (02 WRX) - it's sitting in my garage right now. Couldn't refuse the
    $2500 buyout from the company
    No kidding,,,that is a sweet deal!

nope

love my suby, but, ive been promoted at work and now make double what i was making at the end of 04 when i bought it, so i think i will be going is350 next year [hopefully by summer 07]

this car was a huge step up from my 93 mx6 v6, but now that ill be 25 in july i want more than just a fast car, i want all the bells and whistles and this one just doesnt have it.

chris

Ike
    The Suby is gone and I'm in an Evo now, but my WRX was very good to me and I'd certainly consider another Subaru in the future.

Cool From Honda to Subaru

Until Fall '05, our family drove nothing but Hondas...(6 Accords and 1 Civic in 25 yrs.). I bought my nephew's '02 Rally Blue WRX last fall (currently 75K or about 43,000 miles). Absolutely love it. We have winter up here in the Canadian prairies (w/lots of snow & ice) for a good 6 months of the year so the AWD makes complete sense for us. My wife drove the 'RX just after our first snowfall in November and we ended up trading in our '03 Honda Accord Coupe on an '05 Legacy 2.5i and I doubt she'd go back either to another make.

The big thing for us has always been servicing. We have an excellent Subaru dealer here in Winnipeg (Frontier Subaru) whom I feel I can trust, period. That is critical in any car-purchase decision. I'm hoping (someday) to either get into a 5-spd Legacy GT or possibly an STi but for the time being, my '02 bug-eye is great.

I'm open to any make of car as long as they:

1. have a boxer engine
    2. have a good 4WD/AWD system
    3. have a nice logo with stars

So I guess I'll stick to my good ol' 95 Legacy BG until I can afford a 'Legacy 3.0 Twin-turbo STi-gearbox sleeper'...

D.

Planning on buying another as soon as this one's paid off. I love everything aout it, except the paint which is not bad paint per say but horribly applied. But the newer cars seem to have much better paint than my 03, and I can live with crappy paint considering the fun this car brings to daily commutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    What are you considering?

Depends really...for this year I will get by with my 4 runner and 95 wrangler. Depending on my job situation next year and depending on what my wife does. Currently we get by on my salary as a Project Manager, but next year she will be working once she is done with her masters. My list so far...(varies since I am not sure if I will keep my wrangler for a winter beater or not)

Coupe/Sedan List

M3 (CPO)
    New Twin Turbo 3 series (saw low 40's as a price point, but I will beleive it when I see it)
    S4

Hot Hatch and other

GTI R32 or 36 (only if they bring in a manual version)
    Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works

If there is nothing in 07 I like I will probably pick up an E36 or TT to play with for a while.

As you can see I am all over the place...I have to actually start driving them. There is also a chance that I will go contract in the UK for a while...which changes my list completely...
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I am not sure depends highly if the coal powered rocket bike is availible the next time I am up for buying a vehicle.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Quote Originally Posted by bumaself
    love my suby, but, ive been promoted at work and now make double what i was making at the end of 04 when i bought it, so i think i will be going is350 next year [hopefully by summer 07]

this car was a huge step up from my 93 mx6 v6, but now that ill be 25 in july i want more than just a fast car, i want all the bells and whistles and this one just doesnt have it.

chris
    is350 is not an improvement vs. a wrx, imo...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx420
    is350 is not an improvement vs. a wrx, imo...
    Have you ever sat in or driven one? Performance wise, I would agree, obviously. But the interior, trim, amenities, etc...on the subaru are just sub-par. That's my only complaint about my WRX now, the interior. Not that I hate it by any means.

Same reason I won't buy a new EVO MR for $36,000 (which I would love to have by the way). For that kind of $$ I want more than just fast and the interior "creature comforts" on the WRX/STI/EVO just can't hang.

I personally would go with an M3 or S4 before I'd go with a rebadged Toyota, but they *are* nice ass cars!

Of course, that's just MY opinion, and I'm crazy so take it for what it's worth. A lot of people could care less about those things.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.