Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Unless the Legacy STI comes over I doubt I will go back...I loved my WRX, but I doubt I will ...

Unless the Legacy STI comes over I doubt I will go back...I loved my WRX, but I doubt I will get another Subaru. I am looking for better fit and finish to go along with the great performance.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers
    Unless the Legacy STI comes over I doubt I will go back...I loved my WRX, but I doubt I will get another Subaru. I am looking for better fit and finish to go along with the great performance.
    What are you considering?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Absolutely no excuse for poor paint. Mechanicals are good, but the paint is 80s Soviet style.
    I like the 80's soviet gray paint good back ground for grafixs im going to buy wrx sti I hope by the end of this year ill trade im my 05 wrx

and to all of you that say you will trade in your scoby when you have a family i have 2 5year old girl and a 4 year old boy we went to disny in my wrx all 5 of us and enuff clothing for 5 days and had no problem with the 3 car seats in my wrx P.S. I leav close to reno NV
    Last edited by crazy_wolf168; 05-04-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Replaced my WRX,then STI with Volvo

As I turned 60 I decided my shift leg (knee specifically) would not handle shifting anymore so I went to an old person's car...sort of...Volvo s40T5 AWD with auto trans...yes I cried as I traded but all things must end sometime and my time was now.
    Good luck guys,you are driving a legend.

What subaru did with the paint on their cars is downright criminal.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

i dont know , ill have to see whats out when my suby has seen better days (not for a long time).

I had to go with maybe. That is mostly based on what my STI does well, and seeing that they kinda ticked me off with coming out with the limited STI next year which is the exact way I would have wanted it. They should have a return program similar to the one they offered for used 2004's (so they dealers could get clean used cars to sell) in trading in for a 2006. I would consider doing that.

But the only downside with Suby is the dealers are low tech and archaic, knowing very little about their cars. I know guys that had boost issues and the dealer mechanics could not really tell the difference between a car that ran **** versus one that was a low performer. They only know to fix obvoius things or fully dead components.

I think that says quite a bit about their overall quality that they dont need good mechanics. So its a tear.

Still pissed, I'd love a sun roof and black interior in my STI and I would have waited a year. But good they listened and responsed cause those are things I put on my survey. See those do matter!!

Absolutely no excuse for poor paint. Mechanicals are good, but the paint is 80s Soviet style.
    Yes, I couldn't agree with this more. I've seen a thicker stronger clear-coat on a glazed donut.

I scratched the holy hell out of my clearcoat just trying to get some crap that had bonded with my o so soft paint off.

My 15,000 $ Civic had twice the paintjob of my 26,000 $ Wrx and was not even garage kept.

Also if you look on the lowest part of the door trim, where it angles inward the paint is all bumpy not at all smooth, as if they painted over a rusted surface.

Last edited by Slide; 05-04-2006 at 06:53 PM.

My wife loves the WRX, and we are looking for her a used Forester now.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I will get another subie

This is my first Subaru.. WRX.. I love it.. I wish it had as much power as the sti but I love the bug eye.. and the power issue can be delt with..so I will do my best to make it bigger and better then the sti.. 2.5 motor forged internals.. 20g turbo ext waste gate..all the goodies.. just a fun street legal race car...... I am buying a little crappy truck soon to deal with the damn gas prices.. but once I am done building up the 03wrx, I want to take it with me when i move to japan in 2008.. race around the streets of japan in my beast of a left hand drive wrx sti transplant.
    maybe buy a 99 skyline GTR and work on that while I live out there.`
    but If I ever got married.. wife would get a forester sti or a evo wagon`.. no question`.
    I would recommend a Subaru to anyone looking for a great all around car, but to many good cars out there to say for sure , I would buy another one for myself... maybe if they change the front end to something better looking, they might have me hooked....

My '05 STi was stolen and I replaced it with a Porsche Carrera. If they lose the current styling I would consider another Subie though.
    Last edited by shawnshekari; 05-04-2006 at 07:52 PM.

future is too uncertain at this point.

i have a e36 325i and a 05 STi...

love them both! no reason to get rid of either, but i may give the bimmer to my sister when she get's her license and good odds at a scholarship for school + good grades...dunno yet...but if i do, i might pick up a forester and turn it into the forester sti =P of course, i might have enough money by then i could get a m3? i dunno...to uncertain, but it's definitely a possibility

Want to buy a Suby

Looking for a yellow 2002 Subaru WRX with leather seats.

Quote Originally Posted by SubieTech1
    This is my first Subaru.. WRX.. I love it.. I wish it had as much power as the sti but I love the bug eye.. and the power issue can be delt with..so I will do my best to make it bigger and better then the sti.. 2.5 motor forged internals.. 20g turbo ext waste gate..all the goodies.. just a fun street legal race car...... I am buying a little crappy truck soon to deal with the damn gas prices.. but once I am done building up the 03wrx, I want to take it with me when i move to japan in 2008.. race around the streets of japan in my beast of a left hand drive wrx sti transplant.
    maybe buy a 99 skyline GTR and work on that while I live out there.`
    but If I ever got married.. wife would get a forester sti or a evo wagon`.. no question`.
    I would recommend a Subaru to anyone looking for a great all around car, but to many good cars out there to say for sure , I would buy another one for myself... maybe if they change the front end to something better looking, they might have me hooked....
    You're planning on building a 2.5 swap, ship the car and move to Japan just to drive around, then buy a skyline, but you're getting a crappy truck because you don't want to pay high gas prices?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I am atleast 2 years away from my next car purchase, but unless someone makes a car to rival the STI, I think I'll be driving one of those. At this point through I think I'd want a "limited" STI, and I'm sure they will be around 35k. I would hope to see both the EVO and the STI get a power increase of about 15-20 hp atleast over the next 2 years. If they do not make some changes, I might have to just ante up and buy a Ford Shelby Cobra.

The only other option would be to keep my 06 (pay it off sooner then the loan is) and hope that Subaru has enough common sense to introduce a 2 seater convertable into the market like every other car company has. If SOA offers a car to rival the Soltice GXP (hence 3,200 lbs or less with a turbo and atleast 230 hp) then I'd be all over it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"