Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I replaced my 02 WRX with an 04 GTO, and I still have my Firehawk. I miss the AWD and ...

I replaced my 02 WRX with an 04 GTO, and I still have my Firehawk. I miss the AWD and nimbleness of the WRX, but I love the torque and better fit and finish and more plush interior of the GTO. Gas mileage is about the same actually. I've been very happy with the GTO, but I still loved the WRX for what it was.

I'd come back for a factory STi wagon, however...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No. I like my WRX but I'm not a subaru fan and I think I'd like to move up to soemthing better with my next car.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Banned
    I think it really has a lot to do with what happens for 08.

I seriously doubt that i will ever purchase another subaru. SOA would rather chase down people using the name impreza in their website name than bother 1.) putting decent mechanical parts in their cars(rounded off 5mt anyone?) 2.) going after dealerships that have ****ed people over time and time again(Search for subaru of schaumberg). That along with the fact that the paper they print your warranty information on is worth more than your warranty doesn't fly with me.

SOA cares about selling cars and that's it, once you drive off the lot you're pretty much on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I seriously doubt that i will ever purchase another subaru. SOA would rather chase down people using the name impreza in their website name than bother 1.) putting decent mechanical parts in their cars(rounded off 5mt anyone?) 2.) going after dealerships that have ****ed people over time and time again(Search for subaru of schaumberg). That along with the fact that the paper they print your warranty information on is worth more than your warranty doesn't fly with me.

SOA cares about selling cars and that's it, once you drive off the lot you're pretty much on your own.

+1

Theres nothing great about subaru that makes me want to go and buy another.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Wow, some interesting replies and not what I expected when I got an email about this topic.

I don't own, and haven't ever owned a Subaru so I'm not really one to say. I probably would have enjoyed it, but that time has about past. I just took a job for Nissan, so I have no doubt that will be where my next car comes from.

I voted maybe. I want to get it paid off and enjoy not having a car payment for atleast a little while. It may be a few years til I buy my next car, but I am always jonesing for another (different) car and wondering what I would buy. Variety is the spice of life, so I doubt it would be another Suby but there's just no way to be sure now so thus the maybe.
    -kd
    '03 MBP 5spd, Custom Leather Interior, STi Uppipe, Helix Downpipe/midpipe, Toucan Catback - yes, Toucan - it's a prototype, Cobb Stage 2 reflash, Autometer Phantom boost guage, Fitz Performance SS, Green drop-in filter, Tanabe springs, SDR's w/Yokohama ES100's, Perrin droplinks, Progress Tech. rear swaybar, STi front underbrace, STi sideskirts, ceramic coated P&P'd TD04.

Hey Everybody,

I traded in my 2004 WRX wagon for a Legacy 2.5 GT and I really love my new Leggy-girl.

I may yet, sell my 1995 OB1 DB8 with 63,500 miles on the clock and purchase another Legacy 2.5 GT wagon for the little lady of the house.

Or I may go for the Saab 9-2X Aero for a fraction of the money.

As I hear it, their not selling very well. I know it's a POS and all, but you can't beat the prices their letting them go for.

Peace
    TQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    I think it really has a lot to do with what happens for 08.
    Last edited by TheJ; 05-04-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I'm old enought to have purchased the first GTO (64) new. Since then, I've had all manner of high performance cars - big block corvette, 327-350HP Chev II, BMW M6. Mits Eclipse GSX - and like a lot of things about the Subaru. I also think the interior quality is pathetic - SOA should take a look at the VW GTI (I had one of those too) and learn. The STi has more rattles and squeaks than almost any bucket of bolts I've ever ridden in. Having said that, it is also the most balanced high performance car I've ever owned. It is almost impossible to outdrive the car in reasonable circumstances. I'd like to see what is in the offing for 2008 and then decide.

Jim
    Jim Sanchez - Tucson, AZ

I voted yes. I love my WRX. I plan to keep it for quite a few years, although I may buy another more economical car down the road. Over the past year I have read about the cheap paint, cheap interior, transmission woes. I cannot really find a fualt in my WRX. The interior suits me just fine. Will upgrade to leather down the road. Stock stereo, meh, but what can you expect from the factory? Paint? Mine is still nice, no chips yet. Tranny is great, goes into gear everytime. Maybe my expectations were not as high as others here, but considering what the WRX costs and what you get, I don't see a better deal out there.

As for SOA and bad experiences with dealerships, I could care less. If I take my car into the dealer for work (seldom) I tell them exactly what I want done, what I don't want done, and what my expectations are.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm on my 2nd Impreza, and my family has owned a total of 3. I would probably own another as a "family" vehicle; the quality that goes into their Legacy's and other cars seems to be quite good. For my personal car, I think I'll probably move on to something that's more akin to an actual sportscar; a used 911 or similar. But that's a ways away.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Put down a maybe. I too feel that the WRX is one of the most well rounded platforms built for a long time.

While a Carrera 4S is on my "list"- it will probably be a while before it becomes a reality

I'll be in this one for awhile UNLESS FHI decided to build another STi wagon (not likely) and also sell it in the US (not likely).
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH

Wow, that really surprises me, coming from an Evo owner... My buddy had his bone-stock motor blow and mitsu has been sitting on the car for over a month waiting for their official Evo inspector to come approve whether or not they should cover it under warranty... WTF?! Who the hell does that?! It's a long azz story, but I've heard of Mitsu being much worse with support...

I voted maybe. I loved my 18g bugeye, and I would pick up an STi in a heartbeat, but right now I need something else with a turbo and 4wd as my next new car... it will just happen to have a 6 foot bed, and be able to tow about 9,000 lbs.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I currently own a 05 Legacy GT Limited. With respect to the current Subaru line-up, it is the plateau in my opinion. There are really no other cars that excite me and would be viable for a daily driver from Subaru. With that said, I plan to keep the LGT for a good while. My wife and I plan to replace her RSX-S with a 350Z GT or G35 C. I am also planning on FJ Cruiser sometime in the near future (work and recreation vehicle). If Subaru were to place an H6 TT in the Tribeca or Legacy, we would definitely redirect our current purchase choices.

Take it easy.