Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 17

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Damon_Chambers subaru is going to have to make their cars look like absolute crap before i go ...

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Chambers

subaru is going to have to make their cars look like absolute crap before i go to another car manufacturer.

Umm have you seen the 06's?

Sorry I just had to.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Chambers
    subaru is going to have to make their cars look like absolute crap before i go to another car manufacturer.
    no accounting for taste these days, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mangiardi83 View Post
    i love my wrx but hat the company, i hate the dealers and soa. they screw me over as well. piss poor customer service. i dont think i will get another subaru. should have gotten an evo

well i got my wrx 05 wrx back with the 2.5 sti block. and i love it so much and ill never speak of evo again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes i have apologized to my scooby for not believing

Whether I buy another one depends on how my 2005 STi holds up. I don't beat it into the ground, and despite that, I had to have the entire differential replaced under warranty for a bad pinion bearing. I guess the bearing could've been replaced, but since it was such a labor-intensive job, Subaru recommended to replace the entire differential. The dealership replaced the differential, no questions asked. According to the dealer, the pinion bearing was incorrectly shimmed from the factory.

I also had the front rotors replaced because of excessive knocking, which they determined was due a few hot spots on the rotors. They were also replaced under warranty, no questions asked.

Even though these problems were taken care of under warranty, what happens once the car is out of warranty? That differential cost Subaru $1641, while the two front rotors cost them $496. That's $2000 worth of repairs that Subaru ate on a car with less than 27,000 miles on it. I'm not in a position where I can be replacing differentials every 26,000 miles, and refuse to throw that kind of money into a 2005 vehicle.

Maybe this was an uncommon problem, and if so, fine, but if it happens again, that car is outta here, and I highly doubt I'd be buying another one, despite the dealership being very cooperative and handling this situation in a correct manner.

On the upside, I love my STi. These are the only problems I've had with it. I love the performance, and otherwise the reliability has been excellent, and the car has held up well, aside from the paint. The paint on these cars isn't even becoming of a car that costs $10000.

I love the looks, the performance, etc. I've also driven other Subarus (Legacy GT and Forester XT) and found them both to be stellar performers and very nice vehicles. If I am to purchase another Subaru, it would probably be either one of those.

legacy gt FTW I love em

I did, and I will agian.

I went from a WRX, to an STi.

My next car will either be another STi, or a LGT(STi .... I hope).

I really am happy to be a Subaru owner.

I have always loved subbies and have owned two WRX's (recently bought the 06 model) but looking at pics of the 08 wrx i have to say i am less then impressed... I won't be buying an 08 model and unless they change it dramatically there after i prolly will turn towards the forester...

But in short... there is NO other car for me then a subbie... cause it's "ALL we'll drive"
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #65
    MY06 Impreza WRX

Well by the time im done with this car hopefully the design change would be something i like. I'll probably get a Legacy.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

if they keep making the car more and more ugly i will not be buying another one
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

i'm buying an FXT next week.

nothing else seems appealing to me.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

1. Its a Subaru so decent looks have always been a bonus and dependant on who does the looking.

2. Its got the hardware and an interesting array of tweaks and improvements.

3. It still has that HUGE community and aftermarket support.

4. NASIOC is wetting the bed and uttering empty declarations of irrationality over it in a dozen different threads.

5. It looks like something an acomplished and individually secure person may chose given proper research.

6. If you dont like it changing it is half the fun...right? (if you dont think it has potential than you are a retard)

I like it for what it is and what I can do with it.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

Registered User revolvedspecv05's Avatar
    well im planning on keeping this one for a long time and just build and build till its not street legal. then ill get a dd like a legacy.there pretty hot. love the awd. just love the cars in general.
    07 tr. gone...

current, sr20 powered s14...

bug eye coming soon?

Depending on how long I end up keeping my WRX and the financial situation I'm in at the time I think I'll have to go with either an EVO in 1 yr (always wanted one) or the BMW 335 Twin Turbo in 3 yrs, that thing is sick!!
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

Just brought my FXT home on saturday.

love'n it.

i think my next car will be an LGT.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

i think I'll go with new 2008 STi when it will be available in europe

or, if new STI will be so bad as 2008 wrx - I'll go with BMW 335xd, but will keep my current STi as trackday car
    Last edited by timsky; 07-18-2007 at 06:32 AM.