Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 15

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Whatever. I love my WRX, and have nothing but fun driving it. Sorry that it drives ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Whatever. I love my WRX, and have nothing but fun driving it. Sorry that it drives you guys crazy.
    hate your car, damnit, HATE IT! can't you see there's a poll?!
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    hate your car, damnit, HATE IT! can't you see there's a poll?!
    I think NOT having one for a while, then regaining ownership has given me a different perspective on things. I used to have specific complaints; I still do about certain things, but somehow I see them as part of the car's charm, now. I went to a perfectly wonderful G35 coupe for a bit. It had zero lag, good low-end torque, much less road noise, great luxury, and great looks....but somehow wasn't as much fun to drive. The little quirks of the car made it my "friend", somehow.

Or maybe I'm just warped.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-22-2006 at 06:24 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I think NOT having one for a while, then regaining ownership has given me a different perspective on things. I used to have specific complaints; I still do about certain things, but somehow I see them as part of the car's charm, now. I went to a perfectly wonderful G35 coupe for a bit. It had zero lag, good low-end torque, much less road noise, great luxury, and great looks....but somehow wasn't as much fun to drive. The little quirks of the car made it my "friend", somehow.

Or maybe I'm just warped.
    That just makes you a true subaru owner, lol. Just like how everyone complained about clutch shudder, notchy transmission, etc... old school Subaru owners didnt even notice it! In fact, it was all a huge improvement to them... lol.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

in all honesty, you can't help but like the WRX. it is loaded with personality. i can honestly say that in the end, it's not the right car for me (unless it's a hatchback with 6 speeds), but i can honestly say that i am currently a VERY discriminating buyer these days, because i have owned a WRX. the car must have substance, or i'm not feeling the vibe.

thanks, Subaru hehe

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    That just makes you a true subaru owner, lol. Just like how everyone complained about clutch shudder, notchy transmission, etc... old school Subaru owners didnt even notice it! In fact, it was all a huge improvement to them... lol.
    Yeah, my current WRX seems to have more clutch shudder than my sedan did, and it is annoying sometimes. I'll get that fixed one of these days..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yeah, my current WRX seems to have more clutch shudder than my sedan did, and it is annoying sometimes. I'll get that fixed one of these days..
    I have like 65K on my 03 sedan and some times I get shudder and other times I don't. Maybe I am just used to and don't notice it all of the time....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

No way

I love my WRX but I hate Subaru Dealerships and Subaru Inc. I could of been a customer for life but try to screw me over once and I will never go back (unless they give me a new car)

I have had some problems with my '06 and the customer service has been horrible. I love the car, but it isn't worth the headache of dealing with SoA to get any work done that should be covered under warranty.

i love my wrx. Its been good all around and its easy to tune up. GOOD JOB subaru.

Had an 04 WRX, I was happy and content w/ it, and started to take it for granted. Then I got an itch to get an FJ Cruiser... so I traded up to one in July. Now that I got it, I realize how much more fun I was having driving the WRX. God I miss it. So I'm gonna go this weekend and take a look at the 06's. If a get a good deal great... if no... I'll wait for the 08 hatch!
    It's all about rally racing, nothing more.
    On second thought maybe its all about Rally Racing and Auto-X

'06 Steel Gray WRX (Stock)

my wrx serves me well, it made me like subaru a lot more(i never hated it but was never a fan either) but I probably won't be buying another subaru even if I can afford the Sti, right now the evo9 is more desirable but i don't think im really considering that class, not that im buying a new car soon but im constantly eyeing a used e46 m3 heh.

My 2005 STi is my first Subaru and I'm pleased with it for the most part.

Pros:

Reliability

All-round performance (acceleration, handling, braking, AWD, etc.)

Interior design

Standard features (everything I need, nothing I don't)

Tight gearbox

Gearing (3rd+)

Cons:

Paint quality- It's absolutely horrible. Not only is the paint thin, but it's cheap.

Lack of telescoping steering wheel- No telescoping wheel in a performance car?
    Seats- The seats are terrible. They're like sitting on a trampoline

Gearing- 1st and 2nd gear are way too short.

I would most definitely buy another Subaru, albeit it will probably be a Legacy GT instead of an Impreza STi/STI just because of the nature of the beast. I love my 2005 STi and I will never part with it, but there is only one space in the garage for such a car. It rides a little bit harshly for a daily driver and is not roomy enough for four adults. However, I didn't find the Legacy to be very roomy for four adults either (rear seats). I just found it to be more comfortable for the daily grind, and still be "performance oriented."

For me to be a perfectly happy customer, Subaru is going to have to step it up with the quality of their paint. As for their customer service and needing warranty work, up to this point I have been very fortunate and have not had to use my warranty. Therefore, I can not comment on dealings with Subaru.

I still wouldn't consider myself a Subaru "fan," per se, but they definitely do manufacture some vehicles that would be top considerations when purchasing a new vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    Recently, I drove the 06 Outback. In standard trim, it's an acceptable family vehicle with adequate room, competent handling, and a highly touted driveline that resembles what Alfa Romeo offered ...twenty (20!) years ago in the 33 4x4 wagon (calling this innovative is insulting, to be honest - people have memories and people can read). In short, it's a good car but it's not something to generate a fan base. The paint does look much better than my bugeye Impreza's though, leading me to suspect they actually had someone that's painted a car before involved this time around.

However, the fuel consumption is not impressive, the seats are a bit on the Cadillac side, the interior is not without its noises and creaks, and 3/4 rear visibility needs improvement. It's more refined than the Alfa 33 4x4 wagon, but not "20 years worth" more refined. Plus, it costs as much as my turbo bugeye.

It's a good car and good value, but it's not exceptional value. Worth considering in that segment though IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i love my wrx but hat the company, i hate the dealers and soa. they screw me over as well. piss poor customer service. i dont think i will get another subaru. should have gotten an evo

Quote Originally Posted by mangiardi83
    piss poor customer service.....should have gotten an evo
    whoa there....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.