Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Lt. Boom Stick I dont think I'll make my next car a Subaru (probably an Evo), but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    I dont think I'll make my next car a Subaru (probably an Evo), but I will come back to Subaru in the future...I really enjoy mine and plan on ensuring all my cars are AWD.
    I agree with the AWD statement...
    Most people who have owned an AWD, be it a talon, wrx, evo, rav4 or whatever, will tell you AWD is the way to go...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Evo's tend to spend a lot of time in the shop, and are expensive to maintain.

I was in the market for an STi, but the crapiness of subaru dealer salesmen pushed me away from buying an STi. It was almost as if they didn't want me to buy one of their subaru's.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    The lag is so easily remedied by a proper driving style and/or a couple of pipes that I don't really view it as a negative. Also, my WRX (wagon) seems to have plenty of luggage capacity.
    proper driving style doesnt remedy turbo lag, lag is lag(its still there no matter how u drive it). Thats like saying a Honda 4 cylinder has plenty of low end torque if you floor it, it just doesnt make sense.
    Your second suggestion works very well tho.

I'm trying to work on repairing my credit, paying off all my debts, and driving my POS Suzuki till I can afford to buy a subaru, new or used.

PS. I had totally forgotten about this forum,
    If Mittens chose to save baby penguin based on his beliefs, and Mittens' beliefs are not in his direct control, does Mittens really have free will? -Maraka

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kg21
    proper driving style doesnt remedy turbo lag, lag is lag(its still there no matter how u drive it). Thats like saying a Honda 4 cylinder has plenty of low end torque if you floor it, it just doesnt make sense.
    I guess I failed to convey my point. If driven correctly, the lag is a non-issue, and if you replace uppipe and downpipe with aftermarket components, the lag is practically non-existent. Make more sense?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I sold my bugeye for 01 bmw 330ci 5 spd. manual.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BugeyeWRX
    I sold my bugeye for 01 bmw 330ci 5 spd. manual.
    Nice choice. Has it proven to be reliable?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

my uncle has an 01 330Ci. it felt fast, 'til my WRX went Stage 2, then it just felt extremely slow. contrary to popular belief, including mine, it's been damn reliable.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

yes .... BTW, here's the pix
    Attached Images  

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    my uncle has an 01 330Ci. it felt fast, 'til my WRX went Stage 2, then it just felt extremely slow. contrary to popular belief, including mine, it's been damn reliable.
    Yeah, it's the "conventional wisdom" about it that spurred my question. I love teh Bimmer's and Porsche's, etc....someday I'll drum up the courage to own one.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Yeah, it's the "conventional wisdom" about it that spurred my question. I love teh Bimmer's and Porsche's, etc....someday I'll drum up the courage to own one.
    "courage" is the right word. the way they're all wired up these days, it seems like German cars start going kablooey very early these days, and i don't have *that* much money to dump in my car. those parts come from Germany!

i blame it on the "lease". people lease luxury cars instead of buying them; and why not, you get a nicer car for the same price, look a lot richer than you are, and get a new car every few years. makes German automakers think that their electronics only need to last 3 or 4 years...
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I guess I failed to convey my point. If driven correctly, the lag is a non-issue, and if you replace uppipe and downpipe with aftermarket components, the lag is practically non-existent. Make more sense?
    Then, when you sit in traffic, even on a cool day... heat soak makes the car lag still. Sure, you can coat and heat wrap the pipes, but then that is more money you have to spend. (and if its not done proplerly, that will lead to premature failure of the pipe) Also, at this point, whether or not it will pass smog becomes an issue... if you run catless, you have the smell and the worry that a cop will look down below and see no cat. (not very likely, but the thought is always there) SURE, you can just get a front mount to avoid heat soak, but it costs a lot, then if you get into an accident and you die cuz you chopped up/ replaced the bumper beam... then you really wouldnt be complaining anymore cuz you're dead, lol.

Now, lag really isnt an issue anymore since they went to the 2.5L... and knowing Subaru, they've secretly fixed whatever problems there were without telling anyone. (what about previous owners who could use the fix?!?!?!) So, the new models are probably quite amazing compared to my piece of carp. I just cant stand that they have potentially hazardous problems and they do not fix them.

Lets see, there's 5 that come to mind... Weak, underspec'd Transmission, Leak Prone Radiator, Leaking Fuel Lines, Leaking Oil Filter, and Paint chipping off the Coolant Filler Tank clogging up the system. All are major issues, yet customers were not informed of the fixes... instead, it was secretly updated in the newly built models... this is my major issue with the brand. I know Toyota had a problem recently and they bought back every car that potentially had that problem! I want a car company that actually cares... or doesn't care, but actually builds great cars that last forever.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I Support ClubWRX
    Whatever. I love my WRX, and have nothing but fun driving it. Sorry that it drives you guys crazy.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Whatever. I love my WRX, and have nothing but fun driving it. Sorry that it drives you guys crazy.
    You know, I have specific criticisms but I think the Impreza is a great car, especially in the US where it is not taxed too badly. I enjoy driving mine too. Still, I like to complain and feel I have some legit gripes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.