Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 13

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Still don't see how folks like you were getting such bad mileage from the WRX. I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Still don't see how folks like you were getting such bad mileage from the WRX. I think you guys need to wear lighter shoes.
    Last fill up I got 28 mpg and I actually thought to myself that I was in Rays league now....sad to say I am fairly certain my next few fill ups wont be around 28, but I doubt they'll go below 25 or 26.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Last fill up I got 28 mpg and I actually thought to myself that I was in Rays league now....sad to say I am fairly certain my next few fill ups wont be around 28, but I doubt they'll go below 25 or 26.
    Guess I'm just lucky, or have the driving style for mileage. I don't really baby it the way many here might think.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Guess I'm just lucky, or have the driving style for mileage. I don't really baby it the way many here might think.
    I think driving habit has a lot to do with it. Even when I dont baby my car, and drive it hard I can still get 24-26, but I do not go WOT in the lower goes. I'll keep the revs up but I dont floor the car at all until 3rd gear. I am guessing this might be the differnce between my driving hard and other people who get 18-20 mpgs and drive hard?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I think driving habit has a lot to do with it. Even when I dont baby my car, and drive it hard I can still get 24-26, but I do not go WOT in the lower goes. I'll keep the revs up but I dont floor the car at all until 3rd gear. I am guessing this might be the differnce between my driving hard and other people who get 18-20 mpgs and drive hard?
    Perhaps. I also see people on a daily basis who basically floor it from light to light, even though they can see that the light is red long before they get to it. I tend to wait 'til I have an open stretch of road, then put the hammer down. Then the extra fuel pumped out is amortized over a longer distance..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

what kind of mpg do you get? I average 24-25 beating on it but with hwy driving thrown in there too
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16
    what kind of mpg do you get? I average 24-25 beating on it but with hwy driving thrown in there too
    My commute is about 50/50 highway/city driving, these days. My (basically stock) wagon is averaging out to about 29mpg, these days. My former WRX sedan, which was a stage 4 car, got 26-27mpg, depending on the time of year.

There were exceptions, of course. I saw numbers in the 24-25 range if I was in extraordinary traffic situations for days on end, though I usually steer around that for mileage/sanity reasons.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-13-2006 at 01:58 AM.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Those are crazy averages...my stage 2 wrx was getting 22 tops, and that is if I drove conservatively...as soon as I started opening it up that average dropped to the high teens. Right now my jeep gets 18 and my 4 runner 19. But, I am not really concerned about my mpg. When gas gets to 5 dollars per gallon I will look for a less thirsty alternative.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

Milage on 02 WRX

My bugeye wagon w/ 4eat is at stg.4, running a 40T turbo @ 18 psi, fed by 850ccm modded injectors.
    I checked my milage at last fillup, and got 23.8 mpg. I use Shell V Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers
    Those are crazy averages...my stage 2 wrx was getting 22 tops
    that's what i was getting with my Stage 2 as well. if i ever got Ray's kind of mileage I probably would've kept the car. then again i loved 3rd gear way too much. definitely the best gear on the WRX.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I voted "maybe".

I've liked Subarus for a while now, and we even got my wife a Forester XT last year (she was coming out of an '89 Ford Tempo! ).

I had always planned on getting an STi, and through the beginning of this year, that's what I had planned on doing this spring/summer.

But then I started taking a closer look at the Evo IXs, and the more I read up on them, the more impressed I was.

So now my new Evo IX MR will be here on Monday.

I'm not opposed to going back to Subaru, depending on what they do in the future. My wife's lease on her Forester will be up in about 2 1/2 years, and there's a good chance she may get into another one. That all depends on what she wants (she also likes the Mini Coopers, Jaguars, and a few other models).

As for me, I'm planning on keeping the Evo for a while. It's not my daily driver, so I can afford to be a little more, umm... playful... when it comes to mods.

Still, that doesn't mean that if Subaru comes out with a kick-ass STi in a couple of years that I won't take a serious look at one.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

i said no... if anyone has read my previous opinions on the car, they would know that.

however, i do not plan to get rid of the car... it will remain with me til i get sick of it. i probably drive my car harder than 99% of all Subaru owners... hundreds of jumps, over 2 years of rallyX, lots of canyon runs, and a half dozen track days, with the usual daily driven wear and tear... its still running fine and still on stock engine and tranny, although i've spent a lot of money and time maintaining it.

the chassis has held up great considering what i've done with it. its a good race car... but as a normal car, it falls short in so many area's. luggage capacity is a joke. rear passenger leg room is a joke. paint is horrid. transmission is way too rough and noisy. stock WRX is much too laggy. glass is horribly prone to chipping. stock suspension has clearance problems with the chassis. wind noise is horrible. etc. etc. etc.

hell, even as a race car, its not so great cuz an EVO or STi will dominate it for less money. its a good intermediate car to learn with though. i mean, sure, i can spend $10,000 to swap the engine and tranny to JDM Spec, but at that point i still dont have the quick steering rack, the brakes, the revised and improved suspension geometry, the improved aerodynamics, etc.

i now can understand how subaru faithful's dont mind these cars... its cuz they're used to it already... used to the "quirks" of the brand. the tranny was worse brand new than now with tons of abuse on it. the reason i can't get used to these cars is cuz i've experienced cars that do not have wacky quirks, actually have some civil mannars, and last forever. sure, they may not be as fun, but they are better cars and save me money in the long run.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I would consider...

I would consider a Legacy GT (even better, Spec B), and the "Ol Lady" and I are feeling the Forrester XT. The next car I'm gunning for is a 1996 Impala SS, though (New Classic).

I will probably pick up a perfect example, highly and soundly modified STi in a few years. Then convert that ***** to bugeyes.

Don't think I'll ever buy a car new again, it's just stupid.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    the chassis has held up great considering what i've done with it. its a good race car... but as a normal car, it falls short in so many area's. luggage capacity is a joke. rear passenger leg room is a joke. paint is horrid. transmission is way too rough and noisy. stock WRX is much too laggy.
    The lag is so easily remedied by a proper driving style and/or a couple of pipes that I don't really view it as a negative. Also, my WRX (wagon) seems to have plenty of luggage capacity.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I dont think I'll make my next car a Subaru (probably an Evo), but I will come back to Subaru in the future...I really enjoy mine and plan on ensuring all my cars are AWD.