Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just put in my vote... Have a WRX...& will be looking to buy a B9 Tribeca!!!...

Just put in my vote... Have a WRX...& will be looking to buy a B9 Tribeca!!!
    I must say, AWD is hard to not like!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've read this whole thread, and I took note to the join date and post count of each member. Even if someone signed on for this one post to say they wouldnt be buying another subaru again, or someone came out of lurking to say "I've had my car since 01 and love it" it shows something that I think is unique to this brand. Just something to think about folks.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I've read this whole thread, and I took note to the join date and post count of each member. Even if someone signed on for this one post to say they wouldnt be buying another subaru again, or someone came out of lurking to say "I've had my car since 01 and love it" it shows something that I think is unique to this brand. Just something to think about folks.

I think you will also find that in general, people who bought their cars in 01 (Like I did) had better dealer experiences than more recent purchasers. I don't know if that's because in 01 people buying WRX's were older, more mature and knowledeable, or if dealer quality has gone down, but I think there's definately a correlation between the lowering of the age of the average Subaru buyer and their relative level of satisfaction with their purchase.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I think you will also find that in general, people who bought their cars in 01 (Like I did) had better dealer experiences than more recent purchasers. I don't know if that's because in 01 people buying WRX's were older, more mature and knowledeable, or if dealer quality has gone down, but I think there's definately a correlation between the lowering of the age of the average Subaru buyer and their relative level of satisfaction with their purchase.

I think that might be hit or miss. I had a horrible run in with one dealership, and a great run in with another. I would have to admit through that if I was a salesman I'd be a little frustrated with having to deal with the dumb kids all day that spend mom and dads money. But I do agree with your post.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I think that might be hit or miss. I had a horrible run in with one dealership, and a great run in with another. I would have to admit through that if I was a salesman I'd be a little frustrated with having to deal with the dumb kids all day that spend mom and dads money. But I do agree with your post.
    you know, almost 5 years later, every time I got to the dealer for service, and I run into the guy who sold me my car, he STILL remembers me, remembers my name, and remembers what car I bought, as well as any new mods I may have installed...seems like some guys really care. The head mechanic knows me too.
    go f*** yourself

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I too have developed a close relationship w/ the dealership I bought my last two Suby's from. I know the mechanics on a first name basis- they've done me several favors in the past. I even had access to their shop/lifts all day on a Saturday when I traded in my sedan for my wagon- I was pulling off all kinds of parts/bits- that's kind of above and beyond IMO. The parts manager and I also are on a first name basis and he gives me great discounts on parts (ofcourse I buy lots of parts too )-always willing to look stufff up for me, get me part #'s etc.

I agree w/ 302 there is something for sure unique about this brand .
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

My dealer was super, I liked my car alot and I still don't have it anymore and probably won't buy another subaru. I don't really believe in brand loyalty. Marriage is commitment enough for me. When I drive, I want to play the field.

So far, I've had a VW, Subaru, Acura, Jeep, VW, Subaru, Honda.

When I get a pile together, it's on to Infinti/Lexus/BMW.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

with all the tuning and aggressive driving i've read about, we must take notice that subaru has listened to the tuners.

wrx tr

and imo, one reason they created that trim is because of all the warranty issue's people and subaru have experienced.

eh, my .02

One thing that I noticed, there is more then one person (myself included) that indicated that they liked their car, but would still not buy another.

For me it is just time to move up. The Subaru fit a nitch when I was looking for a sub 25 K dollar car that offered a mix of performance and practicality.

My dealer was similar to any car dealer I have dealt with...(I have purchased 13 cars in the past 15 years (I get bored easily))...the only bad dealers that I have run into I did not buy a car from.

You guys are right...Subarus are unique and so is the enthusiast following.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I'm in the process of buying my 2nd Subaru right now(06 WRB STI). I started out with an 03 WRX and loved everything about it. I initially wanted a STi but couldn't afford it at the time. What I love anout Subaru is that it's unique and stands out from the rest of the crowd. Not to mention performance and their's nothing like an AWD car.
    2003 Sonic Yellow WRX - R.I.P.
    2001 Turbo Lexus IS300 - R.I.P.
    2006 WRB/Gold STI ~ stage 2 - Sold
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha - Sold
    2006 AW Subaru STI....with a few mods

if the next-gen WRX is a boxer+hybrid, 2-door hatchback, full time AWD, and VW-like interior, there will be a 105% it will be my next car.

otherwise i will look at the hot hatches on the market. the bugeye WRX i owned was *extremely* close, but no cigar. wonderful car though, and i will never say anything bad about WRX's except the usual nit picking on this board.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    if the next-gen WRX is a boxer+hybrid, 2-door hatchback, full time AWD, and VW-like interior, there will be a 105% it will be my next car.

otherwise i will look at the hot hatches on the market. the bugeye WRX i owned was *extremely* close, but no cigar. wonderful car though, and i will never say anything bad about WRX's except the usual nit picking on this board.
    if the next-gen WRX is a boxer-hybrid I'll be glad I still have my 02.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    if the next-gen WRX is a boxer-hybrid I'll be glad I still have my 02.
    you know, if i still owned a WRX, i would say the same thing, so i can't really dispute that argument.

lately, i've been turning into a real gas mileage snob. going from 34mpg back down to 22mpg would really turn me off, especially when those spikes show up and kick you in the groin for a week. i'm too used to the savings. that's actually another reason i wouldn't mind a 200hp - ish FWD hatchback. so we'll see. i'm not buying another car until the driveshafts rust off the car i have now (about 2008)
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

you know, if i still owned a WRX, i would say the same thing, so i can't really dispute that argument.

lately, i've been turning into a real gas mileage snob. going from 34mpg back down to 22mpg would really turn me off, especially when those spikes show up and kick you in the groin for a week. i'm too used to the savings. that's actually another reason i wouldn't mind a 200hp - ish FWD hatchback. so we'll see. i'm not buying another car until the driveshafts rust off the car i have now (about 2008)
    I think I will wait until companies start bringing their diesels over...(hopefully soon)

the BMW 330 d M sport touring estate...231 hp 369 ftlbs of torque....and 43 mpg (could probably run it on Bio too).

Once cars like that are here "Hybrids" will be pointless.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I Support ClubWRX
    going from 34mpg back down to 22mpg would really turn me off, especially when those spikes show up and kick you in the groin for a week. i'm too used to the savings.
    Still don't see how folks like you were getting such bad mileage from the WRX. I think you guys need to wear lighter shoes.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon