Will you be buying another Subaru? - Page 11

View Poll Results: Will your next car be another Subaru?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I don't think I will buy another Subaru.

56 13.63%
  • Maybe - I don't really know at this point

120 29.20%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a new Subaru

155 37.71%
  • Yes - I do plan to buy or lease a used Subaru

80 19.46%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will you be buying another Subaru? within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dsel They really are a bunch of assclowns. Can't stand em. Who are they? snakes on a ...

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    They really are a bunch of assclowns. Can't stand em.

Who are they?

snakes on a plane.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru needs to pay closer attention to their competition.

I realize they have their flagship STI to concentrate the high performance efforts into, but the competition is targeting the WRX price-point and coming out with higher powerred cars for the same money. Mazda will be releasing the Mazdaspeed3 with 20 more hp. The new SRT4 is upping the ante to several more hp.Sure it's ugly as sin, but it may appeal to some. If the Civic Type R is released in the US, it could mean trouble for WRX sales as well. And that is just to name a few. I reference these vehicles only because they fall within the pocket-rocket persona that helped the WRX do as well as it has. Yeah, the WRX has AWD, but I'd expect to see AWD on the following year releases of the competition cars as well.

As far as STI competition in the US is concerned, the GTR will undoubtedly make a humongous splash when it hits our shores.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:
    Your paint quality blows.
    Can you please work out the issues with the #3 cylinder already.
    Please build a better tranny
    Stop using RE92s and start installing Toyo Poxies 4s from the factory
    Bring the limited edition STIs to the states (S204, Spec C, Type RA, etc.)

And for gods sake... I want an STI wagon already!

And thank you for upping the displacement on the WRX and adding 4/2 pot pistons

Just my $0.02.
    Chris
    Selling my 2003 Sonic Yellow Wagon
    Built ej257, 6spd, GT3076r, MSPT tuned
    392whp / 4000wtq
    Super Long Mod List and Gallery

Maybe... Living in Japan now, wife likes Toyota, but I'm trying to convert here

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carella
    As far as STI competition in the US is concerned, the GTR will undoubtedly make a humongous splash when it hits our shores.
    Only if it falls off the boat.

I suspect next to nobody will buy one new, then in ten years people will be hunting them down like they do now with Supras (for reasons that escape me and perhaps escape any sort of logic...).

People may "ooo!" and "aaah!" about an expen$ive Japanese car, but at the end of the day they're willing to spend around $35K tops. Not 50 and certainly not 70. Sure, there are NSXs outside select golf courses here and there, and I'll see one maybe once every two weeks, but consider how difficult Nissan, Toyota, and Mitsu found it to actually sell 300ZX TTs, Supra TTs, and 3000GTs about ten years ago.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Only if it falls off the boat.

I suspect next to nobody will buy one new, then in ten years people will be hunting them down like they do now with Supras (for reasons that escape me and perhaps escape any sort of logic...).

People may "ooo!" and "aaah!" about an expen$ive Japanese car, but at the end of the day they're willing to spend around $35K tops. Not 50 and certainly not 70. Sure, there are NSXs outside select golf courses here and there, and I'll see one maybe once every two weeks, but consider how difficult Nissan, Toyota, and Mitsu found it to actually sell 300ZX TTs, Supra TTs, and 3000GTs about ten years ago.
    you can add to that the RX-7 TT's.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Not for awhile and I'm still sticking with my 02 bugeye........and save up some mulahhh
    ......W...............R.................X.......
    ********W***a****G****o*****N*******

IHIVF22: PWR Radiator:Pulley: MRT top mount intercooler:
    Ecutek:GTspec headers-UpPipe:
    STI Injectors: Walbro Fuel Pump:
    ACT clutch /Flywheel:Tein Basic:
    Brembo-BBk:MotoforgeWheels:

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I posted this on another thread, but Subaru (SOA anyways) needs to seriously consider optioning items- lets folks get what they want, at a price they want. If your using WRX to simply get the groceries then by all means choose the "base" model w/ the nice RE92's () and no "extras", you want a little more luxury by all means upgrade to leather and a moon roof, fancy stereo, HID's etc. You want sporty- follow me son- you want the upgraded STi suspension bits, these sporty tires (I'd say brakes but they finally ponied up for the 4/2 pots) etc.

Nissan (and others) w/ the 350Z has the right idea IMO. Build the WRX w/ the things you want and w/o the things you don't want.
    Last edited by Big Sky WRX; 05-08-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

also, most people fail to realize that 50-60% of WRX owners have never heard of Cobb, and think the RE92's are just fine.

as much as we'd love to revel in Subaru's "rally heritage," this is a marketing scheme. Subaru built its reputation with an excellent AWD system, bombproof reliability, and practicality, while being a little "different" from the rest.

all of a sudden, the WRX comes, and people are blowing trannies everywhere, demanding slicks on their new AWD car, etc etc.

the Civic Si and SRT-4 have an unfair advantage: from the beginning, they were designed with performance in mind, specifically targetting the WRX.

whereas the WRX, from the beginning, tries to be all things to all people. i say it's fine just the way it is, and so are the RE92's.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    I posted this on another thread, but Subaru (SOA anyways) needs to seriously consider optioning items- lets folks get what they want, at a price they want. If your using WRX to simply get the groceries then by all means choose the "base" model w/ the nice RE92's () and no "extras", you want a little more luxury by all means upgrade to leather and a moon roof, fancy stereo, HID's etc. You want sporty- follow me son- you want the upgraded STi suspension bits, these sporty tires (I'd say brakes but they finally ponied up for the 4/2 pots) etc.

Nissan (and others) w/ the 350Z has the right idea IMO. Build the WRX w/ the things you want and w/o the things you don't want.
    Great point, and I totally agree.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    whereas the WRX, from the beginning, tries to be all things to all people. i say it's fine just the way it is, and so are the RE92's.
    Eeehhh can't say that I agree with a $178 tire that sucks at life. It is a shame that anyone pays that price for those tires.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I agree with Angelboy. I don't drive my WRX like an idiot; I don't mod it; I don't rally the car. I enjoy the car's acceleration and roadholding. For what I do, the tires are fine.My car may last me a long time, as I've had 9 Subarus, and my last two were sold when I had 197,000 and 125,000 miles on them, respectively.I never had a clutch problem or tranny problem. I've gotten the impression from reading many entries that all the modding and subsequent aggressive driving have caused many of the reliability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Eeehhh can't say that I agree with a $178 tire that sucks at life. It is a shame that anyone pays that price for those tires.
    .82g of dry roadholding (on the 16" wheels), combined with snow and rain traction, and about 30,000 miles of treadlife, is a neutral, jack of all trades tire. which is what most subaru shoppers are looking for. that's why it's just as common to see a 50 yr old in a WRX as a 25 year old. enthusiasts are unfortunately the minority.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I voted maybe since I don't know what will be available by the time I'm ready to buy my next car. I am on my 3rd subby already. My ex-wife got the "01" Outback. Then I bought an "03" WRX when they came out. I now own an "05" STi.

Hells yes

I have a lot of nieces/nephews who are about to start driving, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for a used subie for them.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    Sedona Red Pearl

Hells yes

I have a lot of nieces/nephews who are about to start driving, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for a used subie for them. And as for me, hopefully I'll string this one along until we stop using dino juice.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    Sedona Red Pearl