OFFICIAL: 2018 USDM WRX and STI changes detailed - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL: 2018 USDM WRX and STI changes detailed within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The WRX features new front and rear suspension tuning for improved steering stability and ride comfort, while retaining the car’s ...

The WRX features new front and rear suspension tuning for improved steering stability and ride comfort, while retaining the car’s high cornering performance capability. Subaru significantly enhanced shifter feel for the 6-speed manual transmission, with a new synchro design and reduced friction, along with smoother clutch take-up. The WRX electric power steering (EPS) was revised to provide an even smoother, more natural feel, while integrating the steering motor and electronic control unit reduces weight.

A new optional Performance Package for the WRX Premium features Recaro 8-way power seats, red-painted brake calipers and upgraded JURID brake pads, and deletes the moonroof to reduce weight. The standard 18-inch wheels feature a bold new double-spoke design.

New measures that reduce unwanted noise include thicker door glass, revised door sealing and a foam-filled windshield header beam. A new, larger high-definition multi-function display (5.9-inch vs. 4.3-inch before) makes it easier to see vehicle functions at a glance. WRX Limited models feature power driver’s seat lumbar adjustment. The standard WRX adds heated exterior mirrors (already standard on others), while the WRX Premium upgrades to a SUBARU STARLINK™ 7.0” multimedia unit from the previous STARLINK 6.2” unit.

I knew when I bought my 2017 WRX about the noise and the ride comfort so I will miss the "ride comfort" or "unwanted noise" improvements for the 2018 and maybe the "synchro design....smoother clutch take-up". The Performance Package for the 2018 WRX Premium would have been worth looking into, overall, still happy with my 2017.
    2017 Subaru WRX Limited 6 speed Lapis Blue Pearl
    2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 6 speed
    2001 Honda Accord 5 speed leaving the barn

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I still love it every time I drive my '17, and even makes me happy to just look at it.

I am not minimizing the 2018 improvements. Going to make them even better! I am glad for all '18 buyers, for you will be getting one terrifically fun car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Inadvertent duplicate posted; deleted.
    Last edited by WRX John; 01-15-2017 at 11:01 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure it's an improvement more like a sideways move. I like that they got rid of the odd lip around the grill but that is a lot of plastic at the bottom.

I think the new grill wins over the old USDM but I still prefer the old JDM grill (still debating buying one for my 16).

I think it's a good improvement and it has potential to mod it with mesh grill and foglight behind it.Name:  2018-subaru-wrx-and-wrx-sti-detroit-2017.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  22.9 KB

I Support ClubWRX
    I call dibs on the neon yellow brembo's of the first totaled STi here on clubwrx!!!!!!!!!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    2012 WRB STi Limited Sedan
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Retired and traded.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...sti-build.html <---- My STi build thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My WRX build thread

The two things I would really really want added to my '17 are the "smoother clutch take-up/new synchros" and the roof rack mounts. As for the lower grill redesign, I personally don't like the new look as there is just waaay too much cheap-looking plastic there now.
    '17 WRX Limited CWP 6-speed (previously '13 328i F30 auto)

I am also interested in how much quieter the 2018 will be.

What are the odds that the 2018 WRX w/ CVT can be ordered with the performance package?

Probably 100%. What would the transmission have to do with visual modifications

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    Probably 100%. What would the transmission have to do with visual modifications

I'm thinking it's a fairly unique customer who would want the CVT transmission and also not want a sunroof (Performance Pkg deletes sunroof). I'm precisely this customer.

Also, isn't Subaru known for offering options only on manuel cars?

I should mention that I asked this question to Subaru USA and they didn't know, said to check back closer to launch.
    Last edited by dcpattie; 01-29-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpattie View Post
    I'm thinking it's a fairly unique customer who would want the CVT transmission and also not want a sunroof (Performance Pkg deletes sunroof). I'm precisely this customer.

Also, isn't Subaru known for offering options only on manuel cars?

I should mention that I asked this question to Subaru USA and they didn't know, said to check back closer to launch.
    Actually, it seems the opposite.
    There have been a few times, throughout the years that the combo of manual transmission and sunroof was not available on the Impreza.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

I Support ClubWRX
    "WRX STI for 2018

The 19-inch alloy wheels feature a striking Y-shaped spoke design and carry 245/35R19 tires that help raise cornering performance while giving the STI an even more aggressive stance.

The yellow-painted brake calipers identify a significantly upgraded Brembo Performance Brake System that now uses stronger monoblock 6-piston calipers in front, monoblock 2-piston calipers in the rear and larger, drilled rotors all around for better heat dissipati
    on".

Heavier 19" wheels because an aggressive stance is more important than a contemporary engine. Drilled rotors look more aggressive. Was there really anything lacking in the previous Brembos? Aside from not as much stance?
    Moderator for all public forums
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

When do y'all think I'll be able to pick up one of these? I love the front end TBH - shamelessly aggressive haha.

Couple months they will probably start taking pre orders

All? NO ALL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.