OFFICIAL: 2018 USDM WRX and STI changes detailed - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL: 2018 USDM WRX and STI changes detailed within the News and Announcements forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by JaySin I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. 2016 WRX w/ CVT - AVG 21.0 MPG ...

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. 2016 WRX w/ CVT - AVG 21.0 MPG since day 1 of tracking. 70% city / 30% highway total (currently all city) I'd call that miserable for what the car is. I averaged 21.3 overall with my G37. I hardly ever punch it and it's generally hitting no more than 4k RPM on an average day.
    That's too bad.
    I have a '17 WRX 6spd and get 24-25 MPG overall and punch it, often.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    How long is your commute?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    20 miles each way. No highway. Used to be 20 miles each way (50/50). Even then the average was barely more at 21.3 MPG.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    That's too bad.
    I have a '17 WRX 6spd and get 24-25 MPG overall and punch it, often.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Is this what your car says (highly inaccurate) or is this your manual calculation / fuelly.com site? I found the car consistently reads about 2MPG high.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this what your car says (highly inaccurate) or is this your manual calculation / fuelly.com site? I found the car consistently reads about 2MPG high.
    The 24-25 is by manual calculation.
    My apologies for not being specific!
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 24-25 is by manual calculation.
    My apologies for not being specific!
    Well lucky you then, my friend. I guess I'm just 'special'.

Well lucky you then, my friend. I guess I'm just 'special'.
    Not meaning to brag or demean you. Just providing condolences and a bench mark, even tho different tranny.

I'm glad there are no huge changes that would give me buyers remorse for my 2017!

The 2 questions I want to know are: Will the bigger center display retrofit into 2015+ and same for the updated bumper facia. It would be so cool if that bigger display was plug and play, but I bet someone will have to try it out first.
    2017 WRX

I'm glad there are no huge changes that would give me buyers remorse for my 2017!

The 2 questions I want to know are: Will the bigger center display retrofit into 2015+ and same for the updated bumper facia. It would be so cool if that bigger display was plug and play, but I bet someone will have to try it out first.

Planet Subaru shows even more changes for the 2018: http://www.planetsubaru.com/2018-subaru-wrx-and-sti.htm
    2017 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by zimm17 View Post
    I think I'm more miffed about the new Impreza so resembling the WRX, especially after all the talk of the separation of the two models.
    Not a big deal, just sayin'...

I think I'm more miffed about the new Impreza so resembling the WRX, especially after all the talk of the separation of the two models.
    Not a big deal, just sayin'...
    New Gen Impreza is on the Global Platform, New Gen WRX will probably go that route as well, imho. Gives a bit of hope for hatch lovers.
    Or he is rolling down the street in his new slammed ride vaping out the window, enjoying the tow truck ride. - XJman

2017 ISM Impreza 5MT Hatchback Sport
    2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune (Sold)

Journal-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    New Gen Impreza is on the Global Platform, New Gen WRX will probably go that route as well, imho. Gives a bit of hope for hatch lovers.
    That's good.

I'm referring to the appearance.
    I admit that I haven't seen a new Impreza in person, but it sure looks a lot like my '17 WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm17 View Post

Planet Subaru shows even more changes for the 2018: Boston Subaru Dealer | 2018 WRX and STi | Planet Subaru, Hanover Massachusetts
    The radio or multi function display(boost gauge)?
    The bigger radio probably is beca use it's an option on the 2015-17. correction I think it's a 2016-17 option)
    I'm curious about the multi function. I'm betting it's just new graphics programmed in with leatherette wrap on the hood. I have to admit I've been looking at the ?forester? Display hood swap. The plastic seam around the edge of the gauge hood in my 2016 drives me crazy for some reason. I mean it's right there just taunting me
    But I think that's a weird thing with me.

15. 01-14-2017, 04:57 AM

Reason
    Double post

I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. 2016 WRX w/ CVT - AVG 21.0 MPG since day 1 of tracking. 70% city / 30% highway total (currently all city) I'd call that miserable for what the car is. I averaged 21.3 overall with my G37. I hardly ever punch it and it's generally hitting no more than 4k RPM on an average day.
    Nah, your pretty spot on. The city is brutal on fuel mileage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by faultymechanics View Post
    That new front end is gross. All plastic now. Headlights are the only plus to that change
    One of the very first mods on our '17 WRX was to literally pull of the matte plastic fog light surrounds, take them to my body shop and ask them to paint them gloss black. They said they won't look good because they are textured, but when they were finished, they too liked what they looked like.

If I were to get an '18 WRX or Sti, I, would similarly immediately yank the lower outer matte plastic bezels and the center mustache, and have them painted a gloss metallic black. Would render the front more "upscale," for the matte look IMO looks like Subaru "cheaped out" -- ran out of money and went with least expensive plastic for these three very-visual pieces. Especially since right above the mustache, is the glossy black grille.

I realize that I am going counter to the current trend of embracing the matte look; glossy may not be "in vogue," but it does look more upscale. While so far just my opinion, I have yet to hear, see or read one person liking the matte "mustache" and its lower outer plastic cousins.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also saw an earlier post something like "what about fog lights?" For those who have yet to see them...

Last edited by WRX John; 01-14-2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Typo fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.